• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Jordan Pearce recalled from GR, JMac sent down

Rate this topic

Indeed it does, don't see where it could be going however, unless they didn't want JMac up for too long. Am I right in thinking that spending too long on an NHL roster means you need to clear waivers to go down?

EDIT: This is what I was thinking of...

When a player clears waivers and is sent down then is called up again, he does not have to clear waivers to be sent down again unless he's played ten games or been "up" for 30 days.
Edited by Wing Across The Pond

Indeed it does, don't see where it could be going however, unless they didn't want JMac up for too long. Am I right in thinking that spending too long on an NHL roster means you need to clear waivers to go down?

They really need to make a NHL CBA for dummies handbook.

:( *reluctantly trudges away from LGW.com...*

Then again, I live in a country where fighting isn't allowed in hockey. I'm underpriviledged.

My comment wasn't an insult at you, if you took it that way. I honestly don't know the answer to your question, and it seems like we're all going in circles by citing people who don't know what they're talking about a lot in the past 24 hours. The CBA is confusing.

My comment wasn't an insult at you, if you took it that way. I honestly don't know the answer to your question, and it seems like we're all going in circles by citing people who don't know what they're talking about a lot in the past 24 hours. The CBA is confusing.

Ah no don't worry! Being a bit of a hockey idiot it kind of rings true :) added some research to my post anywhooo. Might just be an idea to get some good goaltending going since MacDonald was 1-2-1

to waive him for Nabokov???? I am just spit ballin'

or this

Per the GR Press "the Wings sent MacDonald down for a simple reason--they'd have to waive him. 10 game limit/30 days reached." They didn't want to lose him. That appears to be the only reason.

is that true?

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

to waive him for Nabokov???? I am just spit ballin'

or this

Per the GR Press "the Wings sent MacDonald down for a simple reason--they'd have to waive him. 10 game limit/30 days reached." They didn't want to lose him. That appears to be the only reason.

is that true?

It's actually because McDonald was called up on Emergency Basis due to Osgood's injury. McDonald is not waiver exempt where as Pearce is. If Nabokov were to make it through waivers and added to the Wings' roster they would now have two healthy goaltenders (Howard and Nabokov) and be sending McDonald to GR and in order for that to happen he would then have to pass through waivers and could be claimed.

By sending him down now he does not have to go through waivers. By having Pearce on the roster today (and tomorrow) if Nabokov is added to the roster they can send Pearce back to Toledo free from the waiver wire and thus lose no one.

It's actually because McDonald was called up on Emergency Basis due to Osgood's injury. McDonald is not waiver exempt where as Pearce is. If Nabokov were to make it through waivers and added to the Wings' roster they would now have two healthy goaltenders (Howard and Nabokov) and be sending McDonald to GR and in order for that to happen he would then have to pass through waivers and could be claimed.

By sending him down now he does not have to go through waivers. By having Pearce on the roster today (and tomorrow) if Nabokov is added to the roster they can send Pearce back to Toledo free from the waiver wire and thus lose no one.

I know they are just playing it safe, but noone would claim MacDonald. I mean...really.

Pearce, 25, has split time between Grand Rapids and Toledo (ECHL). He is 5-3-1, with a 3.00 goals-against average and .904 save percentage with the Griffins and 3-4-1, with a 4.13 GAA and .883 save percentage with Toledo.

So if he improved his gaa by 1.13, and his save percentage by .021... i wonder how he'd fair as an NHL goalie. he is improved at each level :yowza:

assuming that trend holds true, he'd have a gaa in the NHL of 1.87 and a s% of .925 :clap:

/tinfoil hat

Edited by nate94gt

Whew! Kenny deserves every penny he makes.