• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown_Ryan

Forsberg back ?

Rate this topic

This guy really doesn't know when to quit. Is he hurting for cash or does he really kid himself enough to think his 3rd comeback will work? There has to be some other motive besides the love of the game.

Money isn't an issue. I think he's made more money on real estate investments in Sweden than he ever did playing the game...

EDIT: IF he actually makes a comeback; would he have to clear waivers like Nabokov?

Edited by SweWings

Seems to be a lot of hate for a player who is hurting nobody but himself in this comeback. Props to him for wanting to continue to play in the NHL and prove himself, but I highly doubt it will turn out well. I didn't think he could stay healthy in the SEL or in general, I don't know how he thinks he can last in the NHL years older, and out of the game. Hell it seems like players from KHL or SEL have taken a while to adjust after only being out a year, I don't know how a player gone for 3 years with major surgeries can be much better.

hes the Brett Favre of hockey, just give it up man we all know your gonna get injured after two weeks and leave for the remainder of the season

he isn't like brett favre at all, forsberg is a guy who is just down on his luck with his foot, Favre is a rockstar drug head football player who can't make up his mind

Guest CaliWingsNut

he isn't like brett favre at all, forsberg is a guy who is just down on his luck with his foot, Favre is a rockstar drug head football player who can't make up his mind

Forsberg has rings.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

good for forsberg

hopefully he does well.

this just goes to tell you about his true love and compassion for the sport of hockey. all he wants to do is go out and play. money isnt the issue right now. hes at the end peak of his career just let him go out and have fun and do what he loves. its not like he cheapshotted anyone or shattered someones nhl career.

now if we were talking about Marty McSorley.... :ph34r: :ph34r:

There is. Jagr is exactly like him. Leino is a lite-version. Big frame shielding the puck well, making plays, while not having blazing speed.

Jagr is a decent comparison, didn't mention him since he's not in the NHL anymore. I always saw Jagr as more of a goalscorer than playmaker but other than that they do have similarities.

Leino? Well a very, very lite version then ;)

Jagr is a decent comparison, didn't mention him since he's not in the NHL anymore. I always saw Jagr as more of a goalscorer than playmaker but other than that they do have similarities.

Leino? Well a very, very lite version then ;)

Yes, extra-lite.

Well we all know how this story ends.

I don't mind him trying to come back, and I don't think he's Favre. His foot troubles (and spleen) forced him into early retirement. It was really too bad because love him or hate him he was entertaining and fun to watch (or root against).

If he plays with the Avs for a bit, I am likely to pick up some tiks and go down and watch. Doubt he can last very long though.

Forsberg makes Farve look like a rookie retiree. Did his destroyed ankle miraculously recover?

I don't know. I think Favre's recent run-in with the law regarding photos of his manhood qualify him to be on the same level as Forsberg.

They both need to just stay retired.

This has been a recurring soap opera...will he, won't he, can he, can't he...enough already. One way or the other, make up your damned mind what you're gonna do...either play or go away. Preferably the latter, but whatever.

Why do you even care? It's completely up to him. He keeps trying because he loves the game more than anything. He never asked for any attention and as a matter of fact, he hates it.

foppa.jpg

good for forsberg

hopefully he does well.

this just goes to tell you about his true love and compassion for the sport of hockey. all he wants to do is go out and play. money isnt the issue right now. hes at the end peak of his career just let him go out and have fun and do what he loves. its not like he cheapshotted anyone or shattered someones nhl career.

You're thinking of Todd Bertuzzi, Eddie Shore, and Dany Heatley.

McSorley didn't shatter anyone's NHL career; he hit Brashear so hard he thought he was Ted Lindsay, and his offensive output basically doubled. Had Brashear simply continued playing at his pre-McSorley level, he'd have been out of the NHL by 2005.

good for forsberg

hopefully he does well.

Forsberg didn't throw any cheapshots? Dan Cloutier says hi... :ph34r:

BTW, like Eva said, McSorley didn't ruin anyone's career.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Lets take the time machine all the way back to 1996. Petey will lead the Avs to the Cup. Maybe the ankle problems came from diving so much. I still hate the prick. F You Petey.

Always respected Forsberg and really think it's a shame that he's battled these foot injuries all through his prime. It would have been interesting to see how he could have produced through his prime during the change of rules.

I wish him the best, and hopefully he can come back and play great so we can beat him again in the playoffs.

This has been a recurring soap opera...will he, won't he, can he, can't he...enough already. One way or the other, make up your damned mind what you're gonna do...either play or go away. Preferably the latter, but whatever.

Forsberg has never retired, he wants to play. He goes through alot with surgeries and rehab every year just to be able to play hockey again. What exactly is wrong with? The guy loves to play hockey and believes that he still have what it takes to play in the big league. Why wouldnt he follow his love and passion to make it happen? Who are you to tell him to stop pursuing his dream of playing in the nhl again?

It's not his fault that media makes a circus of it.

Forsberg has never retired, he wants to play. He goes through alot with surgeries and rehab every year just to be able to play hockey again. What exactly is wrong with? The guy loves to play hockey and believes that he still have what it takes to play in the big league. Why wouldnt he follow his love and passion to make it happen? Who are you to tell him to stop pursuing his dream of playing in the nhl again?

It's not his fault that media makes a circus of it.

It's hard to just forget about the depth of emotion we all experienced through the Wings-Avs rivalry. It's always going to color any comment from our generation.