• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown_Ryan

Forsberg back ?

Rate this topic

Don't really understand what you're getting at. All he's saying is Z is about the closest comparison to Forsberg as there is in the NHL today.

Crosby would be a better comparison, as much as I hate to say it.

Or Datsyuk combined with Maltby.

Crosby would be a great comparison! They didn't call him Floppa for nothing! What is it a player once said about him, when he has the puck he is the hardest player to play against, but when he doesn't have the puck, all you got to do is breathe on him and he goes down... Ya, sounds like Cindy to me!

I think Leino is even better comparison. Playmaking winger who doesn't have blazing speed but is excellent in shielding the puck and creating chances. Leino is a Forsberg-lite

Translation:

"I was hoping we didn't have to face this amazing player anymore. God help us, if he signs with the Avs they'll win the cup."

Let go of the decade old hate, the guy was awesome and it's really sad that you can't see past that old rivalry and recognize that. One of the most complete players to ever play the game. He obviously loves hockey enough to go through dozens of surgeries to his foot just to get one more chance to play the game on a high level. What's wrong with that? In my opinion such a great player deserves to finish his career up with style.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just biased because I'm a swede and I know how insanely humble, down-to-earth and nice Forsberg is. If you watch interviews with him, or even better meet him in person, it's impossible to wish him anything but success in his comeback attempt.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but what part of "Bad idea" needs to be explained? This has happened over and over again, and every time he just doesn't have the wherewithal to make a viable comeback. You would think after multiple attempts, he'd get the message and just give up. But no. He's like Ralph Nader running for President...you know he doesn't stand a snowball's chance in Hell but he won't go away.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but what part of "Bad idea" needs to be explained? This has happened over and over again, and every time he just doesn't have the wherewithal to make a viable comeback. You would think after multiple attempts, he'd get the message and just give up. But no. He's like Ralph Nader running for President...you know he doesn't stand a snowball's chance in Hell but he won't go away.

i just feel that it's up to Forsberg to decide when to hang the skates up. if he wants to put himself through all of this again, that's his choice. its not as if he's putting the franchise (Avs) in a difficult position like Brett Favre did

We could save a lot of typing if the mods just put "autobump" on "Floppa is back!!!" threads.

Every 6 months the thread would appear, we could re-read it, comment if we wished, and all would be the same.

My message to Forsberg...

go+home.jpg

In all seriousness, even though he played with the "enemy" when the rivalry was more heated, in the end I don't have all that much against him, but you just got to wonder how he can keep this up. Eventually your body is going to tell you no, it's time to give it up.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

In terms of style of play, Forsberg is nothing like Crosby or Datsyuk.

Well there's really no one you can compare him too, he's such a special player. But Crosby and Dats both have aspects of their game which remind me of him.

Guest CaliWingsNut

The Brett Favre of hockey...

Forsberg makes Farve look like a rookie retiree. Did his destroyed ankle miraculously recover?

This guy really doesn't know when to quit. Is he hurting for cash or does he really kid himself enough to think his 3rd comeback will work? There has to be some other motive besides the love of the game.

Well there's really no one you can compare him too, he's such a special player. But Crosby and Dats both have aspects of their game which remind me of him.

There is. Jagr is exactly like him. Leino is a lite-version. Big frame shielding the puck well, making plays, while not having blazing speed. Edited by Finnish Wing

Good for Peter. I hope he can make it work.

Also, f**k all the haters. He never retired in the first place. You have no idea how he feels. Hockey is his passion and he loves the game and wants to play. Who are you to tell him when to retire? Go back to your caves.

Edited by Reds4Life