• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 Selliria

Selliria

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 493 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:19 PM

Forsberg makes Farve look like a rookie retiree. Did his destroyed ankle miraculously recover?

I don't know. I think Favre's recent run-in with the law regarding photos of his manhood qualify him to be on the same level as Forsberg.

They both need to just stay retired.

#62 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:32 AM

Forsberg has rings.

favre has one sure it's not two but one ring is good. Also Favre has a record that will go down as the one of the hardest to break.

#63 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 02:27 AM

favre has one sure it's not two but one ring is good. Also Favre has a record that will go down as the one of the hardest to break.

Most retirement comebacks?
Posted Image

#64 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 02:59 PM

Forsberg should look good in an Isles sweater.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#65 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:06 PM

This has been a recurring soap opera...will he, won't he, can he, can't he...enough already. One way or the other, make up your damned mind what you're gonna do...either play or go away. Preferably the latter, but whatever.
Posted Image

#66 Jocke

Jocke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

Why do you even care? It's completely up to him. He keeps trying because he loves the game more than anything. He never asked for any attention and as a matter of fact, he hates it.

Posted Image

#67 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:14 PM

good for forsberg
hopefully he does well.

this just goes to tell you about his true love and compassion for the sport of hockey. all he wants to do is go out and play. money isnt the issue right now. hes at the end peak of his career just let him go out and have fun and do what he loves. its not like he cheapshotted anyone or shattered someones nhl career.

now if we were talking about Marty McSorley.... :ph34r: :ph34r:

You're thinking of Todd Bertuzzi, Eddie Shore, and Dany Heatley.

McSorley didn't shatter anyone's NHL career; he hit Brashear so hard he thought he was Ted Lindsay, and his offensive output basically doubled. Had Brashear simply continued playing at his pre-McSorley level, he'd have been out of the NHL by 2005.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#68 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

good for forsberg
hopefully he does well.

this just goes to tell you about his true love and compassion for the sport of hockey. all he wants to do is go out and play. money isnt the issue right now. hes at the end peak of his career just let him go out and have fun and do what he loves. its not like he cheapshotted anyone or shattered someones nhl career.

now if we were talking about Marty McSorley.... :ph34r: :ph34r:

Forsberg didn't throw any cheapshots? Dan Cloutier says hi... :ph34r:

BTW, like Eva said, McSorley didn't ruin anyone's career.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#69 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:15 AM

The Brett Favre of hockey...

Favre's a doorknob...At least Forsberg may have something positive to offer.

Edited by F.Michael, 24 January 2011 - 05:17 AM.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#70 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:28 AM

I would think that selling Crocs in Sweden would make his life fulfilled; apparently not.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#71 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:04 PM

So he's skated with the team, did he break his ankle again yet?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#72 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:08 PM

Lets take the time machine all the way back to 1996. Petey will lead the Avs to the Cup. Maybe the ankle problems came from diving so much. I still hate the prick. F You Petey.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#73 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

Always respected Forsberg and really think it's a shame that he's battled these foot injuries all through his prime. It would have been interesting to see how he could have produced through his prime during the change of rules.

I wish him the best, and hopefully he can come back and play great so we can beat him again in the playoffs.

#74 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:58 PM

So he's skated with the team, did he break his ankle again yet?

No, he looks pretty great though.

#75 hak

hak

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 840 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

This has been a recurring soap opera...will he, won't he, can he, can't he...enough already. One way or the other, make up your damned mind what you're gonna do...either play or go away. Preferably the latter, but whatever.

Forsberg has never retired, he wants to play. He goes through alot with surgeries and rehab every year just to be able to play hockey again. What exactly is wrong with? The guy loves to play hockey and believes that he still have what it takes to play in the big league. Why wouldnt he follow his love and passion to make it happen? Who are you to tell him to stop pursuing his dream of playing in the nhl again?

It's not his fault that media makes a circus of it.

#76 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:36 PM

Forsberg has never retired, he wants to play. He goes through alot with surgeries and rehab every year just to be able to play hockey again. What exactly is wrong with? The guy loves to play hockey and believes that he still have what it takes to play in the big league. Why wouldnt he follow his love and passion to make it happen? Who are you to tell him to stop pursuing his dream of playing in the nhl again?

It's not his fault that media makes a circus of it.

It's hard to just forget about the depth of emotion we all experienced through the Wings-Avs rivalry. It's always going to color any comment from our generation.

#77 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

You've got to hand it to Floppa, though, despite the joke of his coming back, playing in Europe, coming back, etc., he still has tremendous talent, and if he can stay healthy (always a question with him) he can make an impact with the Avs.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#78 chuklz

chuklz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:03 PM

Good for Peter. I hope he can make it work.

Also, f**k all the haters. He never retired in the first place. You have no idea how he feels. Hockey is his passion and he loves the game and wants to play. Who are you to tell him when to retire? Go back to your caves.

I agree. Peter is a great hockey player, and frankly he's the nicest guy you could ever meet. If you looked at the Avs, which most of you don't because- why bother, they're a young team rebuilding, you'll notice they have a good awareness of playing defensive hockey with Foote as Captain. They need some veteran leadership to give Duchene & company some guidance offensively. Enter #21.

You'll know when he really retires because the Avs will retire his number. He's earned it. His greatest fault was that he tried to play every role including enforcer, and that caused his career to decline prematurely. Even when the rivalry was at full force, I loved watching him skate and handle the puck the same way I love watching Dats dangle. At the game Saturday he even said, he's there to practice and try out, and if he's good enough to make the team then he'd like to play. A humble sportsman.