• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/22 GDT: Blackhawks 4 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Just won't go into the net...not today anyway.

Doesn't count even when it does. :P

No finish today, be it posts and crossbars or whiffs and whistles. Sometimes that's the way it goes. More pressing manner, as it has been all season but especially now, is all these defensemen standing around in front of the net watching as the opposition scores goal after goal on their team.

Totally not our game.

Well, you win a few; you lose a few.

Things will get better once our injured boys get back. The kids are doing a great job, but the older ones can only do so much trying to cover for the ones that are out. I think the added responsibility is wearing on them physically, and possibly mentally too.

Once the break is over and Cleary and Datsyuk are back, things will look better than they did today.

Over all, considering how well we've done playing through injuries, I think we've just run out of steam.

Who put the plexiglass in front of the net?

Kane. He wanted to feel like he was in the back of a taxi again.

Boys, please don't suck so much on Wednesday. I bought a really good ticket and don't feel like watching this same crap a few feet in closer.

Missed the game and it wasn't recorded like I thought, sounds like I didn't miss much.

Summarize it for me, was it the usual Jimmy "Easy Goal" "Four Goals" Howard letting in atrocious goals? Countless Hawk breakaways? Passes straight to Hawks players, or perhaps shooting straight into the chest of the Hawks goalie? Sounds like penalties and goal posts were an issue.

We need to get a serious lucky break for once this season.

Missed the game and it wasn't recorded like I thought, sounds like I didn't miss much.

Summarize it for me, was it the usual Jimmy "Easy Goal" "Four Goals" Howard letting in atrocious goals? Countless Hawk breakaways? Passes straight to Hawks players, or perhaps shooting straight into the chest of the Hawks goalie? Sounds like penalties and goal posts were an issue.

We need to get a serious lucky break for once this season.

Terrible D and turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.

Oh, and disallowed Z goal on "intent to blow" the whistle.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

well that wasnt what i wanted on a saturday afternoon

pathetic defensive effort by the d.

but the younguns were pretty good (mursak, tatar, emmorton)...

and sellria you fail :ph34r: :ph34r:

jk you rock!! :clap: :clap:

Babcock interview - he states turnovers weren't a big issue today (what game was I watching?); also says the Wings have done an incredible job weathering injuries, they just weren't good enough today. Doesn't like the GAA (never would have guessed that one!), thinks overall they've fought well and will be stronger for NJ.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

wow..i cant count how many turnovers i saw today.

its all good. i think we'll see a different team on wednesday

Wings have some serious Defensive holes that need to be fixed. These problems existed even when they were healthy. No goalie out there can bail this team out. I really cant think of another team that consistently gives up 3 goals a game. Salei is no good. I miss Lilja at least he was tough.

I for one am getting really fed up with all the goals against, turnovers, sloppy break out passes, coverage and almost every play that happens in the defensive zone. Something needs to change IMO. Cant outscore every team

well that wasnt what i wanted on a saturday afternoon

pathetic defensive effort by the d.

but the younguns were pretty good (mursak, tatar, emmorton)...

and sellria you fail :ph34r: :ph34r:

jk you rock!! :clap: :clap:

??? :blink:

She couldn't do the goalie curse because we scored first. If that's what you're referring to.

Wings have some serious Defensive holes that need to be fixed. These problems existed even when they were healthy. No goalie out there can bail this team out. I really cant think of another team that consistently gives up 3 goals a game. Salei is no good. I miss Lilja at least he was tough.

I for one am getting really fed up with all the goals against, turnovers, sloppy break out passes, coverage and almost every play that happens in the defensive zone. Something needs to change IMO. Cant outscore every team

Well, since there are 12 teams with a higher GAA than the Wings, you aren't thinking very hard.

The Wings will be fine. Chicago was well rested and healthy. We played less than 48 hours ago and also had to travel. Plus, you might have heard, we have a few guys out. One more game then we get back Dats, Cleary and probably Homer plus we actually get some rest...

Damn ... at least if it was an evening game, you'd only have a few hrs to be pissed off. Now you have a whole day.

Good thing we got some points banked, how many more before All-Star break?

Somewhat of a consolation ... NJ over Philly.

Plus, you might have heard, we have a few guys out. One more game then we get back Dats, Cleary and probably Homer plus we actually get some rest...

It's not like we lost this game 2-1. We're not horribly defensively because Datsyuk and Cleary are out. Getting them back will not fix our problems.

Crappy game.

Special thanks to the Wings for losing to s***cago and s***tsburgh recently. Guess we need to lose to the Ducks soon so 'Losing to my most hated teams' trifecta will be complete.

Hopefully they tear NJ up, but we play bad against bad teams e.g. Isles, and today.

Can't wait to get some guys back off injury.