• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

NHL picks All-star alternate captains

Rate this topic

P Kane shouldn't be an "A".... stop using his previous season as an example, getting old. Besides the fact that the kid is a douchebag.

Kesler deserves it, hes been holding Vancouver over his head.

Mike green is probably the most popular defensemen to mainstream hockey.

St. Louis is a good choice too, racking up points while teams double coverage Stamkos.

Edited by evilzyme

Guest CaliWingsNut

Odd, odd choices if you ask me. St. Louis, fine, just because he's an older guy, but I don't see him as much of a leader. Kesler is an okay choice I guess, but Kane and Green? That's just strange.

It's not so strange when you check their jerseys, then look at the current standings.

Odd, odd choices if you ask me. St. Louis, fine, just because he's an older guy, but I don't see him as much of a leader. Kesler is an okay choice I guess, but Kane and Green? That's just strange.

From the article, Kane and Green were chosen because they are "division rivals". NHL's way of trying to create more drama.

From the article, Kane and Green were chosen because they are "division rivals". NHL's way of trying to create more drama.

As in their divisions are rivals? Huh?

NM, rivals of the captains. Got it. Move along, nothing to see here...

I didn't know they were going to pick the alternates... This ruins the whole idea of the draft for me. Honestly what if Lidstrom thinks the one person I don't want is Kane...

This is not a good idea to just pick for the sake of picking rivals. If Staal and Lids were selected Captains why can't they pick a team they want?

I know that Kane was one of the last players selected when I did my mock draft. I had him playing on my fourth line, now he is stuck on Lids team while Staal gets Green and Kesler?

I guess Lidstrom is so good they wanted to handicap his team :lol:

Guest CaliWingsNut

I didn't know they were going to pick the alternates... This ruins the whole idea of the draft for me. Honestly what if Lidstrom thinks the one person I don't want is Kane...

This is not a good idea to just pick for the sake of picking rivals. If Staal and Lids were selected Captains why can't they pick a team they want?

I know that Kane was one of the last players selected when I did my mock draft. I had him playing on my fourth line, now he is stuck on Lids team while Staal gets Green and Kesler?

I guess Lidstrom is so good they wanted to handicap his team :lol:

Cause it's the NHL.

Cause the All Star game is a joke.

Cause they don't care what players/coaches/fans think, it's all about what they think will make $

"It's pretty cool honor to have," Kane told Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune. "A lot of pressure comes with it with the players to pick. [Teammates Patrick] Sharp and [Jonathan] Toews have already been talking to me a little bit, I haven't heard much from Duncan [Keith] -- I don't think he has much to worry about. Sharp and Toews have been saying if I pick one before the other the other is going to be ticked. It's a tough situation."

So he thinks he gets to pick the team now?

The alternate Captains take turns, along with Nick, picking the team; that is the way it goes. I don't know about you guys but I really like Pat Kane; his stick handling reminds me a LOT of Pavs (though not as good obvs) and he is improving his defensive game a lot. Also, every interview I see him in, he says all the right things, such as Pavs is the most complete player in the world and is his favorite player and he hopes to try to be as good as him one day, what a classy player Nick is and so on. It seems to me that everyone around here began to hate on Kane with that Cab incident from over a year ago.. but you have to realize it was a mistake and we all make them.

Personally, I was happy to read that Kane would be an assistant Captain on Nick's team. Go Team Lidstrom! :)

Guest mjtm77

so lidstrom does not get to pick the team anymore? the Alternet Captains get to choose also. Sounds like some cheesy way to make money and get more fans into it. So much for seeing Nick Draft a team :glare:

P Kane shouldn't be an "A".... stop using his previous season as an example, getting old. Besides the fact that the kid is a douchebag.

Kesler deserves it, hes been holding Vancouver over his head.

Isn't Kesler a pretty big ****** too? He just hasn't gotten in notorious trouble with a cabbie before.