• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Original-Six

Senators going to dismantle?

Rate this topic

Pretty much what I expected... I would hang on to Spezza and Karlsson (maybe Regin too) and try to move anyone else.

I'd love for the Wings to get Alfredsson as he would fit right in here, but considering how much Alfie has meant to that franchise I doubt they will actively shop him unless he asks them to (he also has an NTC). Alfie still has 2 years left after this one so he might not be moved till next year or the after that, but I would love to see him get a chance at a Cup, even better if its with the Wings :D

Gonchar will be hard to move after his terrible season so far and 2 more years left on his contract

Phillips (UFA) will garner them a nice return, a team like Washington or San Jose could really use him

Kovalev is probably the biggest lock to be moved, I would expect Pittsburgh, maybe Montreal. He has an NMC but it probably won't be an issue.

Mike Fisher would definitely have value to other teams (1 year left) as would Neil (2 years), Michalek possibly (3 years), Ruutu (UFA), and Foligno (1 year)

As a 2nd team Sens fan, I do hope they blow it up (and maybe Pierre will the man to do it :wink: )

Pretty much what I expected... I would hang on to Spezza and Karlsson (maybe Regin too) and try to move anyone else.

I'd love for the Wings to get Alfredsson as he would fit right in here, but considering how much Alfie has meant to that franchise I doubt they will actively shop him unless he asks them to (he also has an NTC). Alfie still has 2 years left after this one so he might not be moved till next year or the after that, but I would love to see him get a chance at a Cup, even better if its with the Wings :D

Gonchar will be hard to move after his terrible season so far and 2 more years left on his contract

Phillips (UFA) will garner them a nice return, a team like Washington or San Jose could really use him

Kovalev is probably the biggest lock to be moved, I would expect Pittsburgh, maybe Montreal. He has an NMC but it probably won't be an issue.

Mike Fisher would definitely have value to other teams (1 year left) as would Neil (2 years), Michalek possibly (3 years), Ruutu (UFA), and Foligno (1 year)

As a 2nd team Sens fan, I do hope they blow it up (and maybe Pierre will the man to do it :wink: )

Trade Filppula and maybe a decent prospect or pick for Mike Fischer. Fischer would be the second line center I would love on this team, hes just as good if not better then Flip defensively and has a bit of grit to his game.

Gonchar's deal is a 35+ deal. i don't see anyone wanting to get close to that since there's 2 years left.

i don't see a contender taking Kovalev. Pittsburgh and montreal don't have the cap space unless they trade dollar for dollar, but the sens are looking for draft picks and shedding salary.

Trade Filppula and maybe a decent prospect or pick for Mike Fischer. Fischer would be the second line center I would love on this team, hes just as good if not better then Flip defensively and has a bit of grit to his game.

no way. Fisher has little offensive creativity, and is supposedly playing really hurt. he's not been physical at all this season. his defensive game has slipped off dramatically as a result.

Edited by jeff48109

Oh the Cap world... Stealing away both Alfie and Sarge would be interesting. Stupid rules.

This year Mike Fisher's value to me is a chance at an affair with Carrie Underwood.

Gonchar's deal is a 35+ deal. i don't see anyone wanting to get close to that since there's 2 years left.

i don't see a contender taking Kovalev. Pittsburgh and montreal don't have the cap space unless they trade dollar for dollar, but the sens are looking for draft picks and shedding salary.

Agreed on Gonchar but I am quite confident Kovalev will be traded, there's no reason for him to want to stay for a few more months, and he only has $1,102,151 remaining for the rest of the year at the trade deadline. He won't command much of a return either so I'm sure a team will make a low risk move for some secondary scoring.

Agreed on Gonchar but I am quite confident Kovalev will be traded, there's no reason for him to want to stay for a few more months, and he only has $1,102,151 remaining for the rest of the year at the trade deadline. He won't command much of a return either so I'm sure a team will make a low risk move for some secondary scoring.

Dean Lombardi?

Same here, if Neil and/or Carkner are for sale/trade - get it done Kenny!!!

Pass on Neil (although I'd like to see him over Miller) because we don't need forwards. Big yes on Carkner because he plays excellent defense and would be a hug upgrade over Salei and/or Big E. Carkner has the 3rd best +/- on a terrible terrible Sens team who only has one positive +/- player.

Filppula has almost 50% more points than Fischer and makes 1.2 million less than him. AND you want to give away a pick/prospect with Filppula? Does your obsessive fascination with men touching each other blind any logic or reason from your mind completely, or is it only 90%?

Now you lost me. There is no way he's better defensively than Filppula and he's not better offensively. All he has is more grit.

Dean Lombardi?

If I'm betting I'm going with Pittsburgh, it's a team he would want to go to of course, there's the nostalgic factor, and he could find some magic with Crosby or his countryman Malkin. The Pens are pretty tight on the Cap though. I mentioned Montreal because the fans loved him there and they certainly should be in the playoffs, but it's a question of whether management would want him back. LA does make some sense if they are in it... Other teams I would guess Nashville or Atlanta (desire star power to sell tickets) but if I'm Kovalev I don't waive to go to those teams unless I know Pittsburgh doesn't want me first.

Edited by T-Ruff

If I'm Murray...

Foligno, Michalek, Regin, Karlsson, and Cowen stay. Spezza could probably only go to the "desperate for a playmaking center" Leafs but who knows if Ottawa would even do that. Gonchar's contract is a millstone. Kuba's contract is too. Phillips, Alfredsson, Kovalev, and Fisher are their pieces and need to be shipped. Hopefully, for them, they can come out with a top-4 dman, a goalie prospect, and a couple extra picks.

Now you lost me. There is no way he's better defensively than Filppula and he's not better offensively. All he has is more grit.

Up until this season when Ottawa started sucking you could count on Fisher to put up over 20 goals and 45 points, Flip has been that guy that we have been waiting to break out forever and he hasn't. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the defensive side of things but Fisher is great defensively and definitely isn't a step back from Flip at all.

On top of that you have a more physical guy who is a better goal scorer.

How is he not better offensively, he has consistently put up high 40s in points while being fairly physical, and scoring goals. I think Fisher would be a lot better with Bertuzzi feeding him the puck then what Flip is.

Filppula has almost 50% more points than Fischer and makes 1.2 million less than him. AND you want to give away a pick/prospect with Filppula? Does your obsessive fascination with men touching each other blind any logic or reason from your mind completely, or is it only 90%?

Hahahaha only a blind homer wings fan would consider Fisher and his 2 fights a season a tough guy. Sorry I dont have the boner for Filppula a lot of people here do, what exactly has he proven again? That he is always one season away from breaking out, and thats about it.

NEIL -Abdelkader - Helm would make a great grind line, GIT ER DONE KENNY!

Agreed 100%. That line looks better then Helm Hudler Abdelkader.

Keep Salei. Give up Ericsson or Kindl.

I'm not sure if youre being serious, but in all honesty Kindl would be a pretty good guy we could probably trade to them since theyre rebuilding.

Kindl doesn't look like he'll be much more then a number 4 guy at most and with Smith looking much better he really is expendable.

Carkner and a 4th or 3rd for Kindl would probably help our team by giving us a big, tough, defensive presence and Kindl can be a second PP guy after Karlsson for the Sens in the future.

Not to mention Carks is one of the top 5 tough guys in the game right now. Do it Kenny