• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Original-Six

Senators going to dismantle?

Rate this topic

Get Chris Neil or Carkner. How is it the sens can find 2 good tough guys who can play the game well but Detroit can't find any <_<

While I agree that Neil would be a great addition (roster overcrowding aside) I'd like to point out that the Sens suck and the Wings are fighting for top spot in the West. So, you know... Holland must be doing things better than Murray.

Keep Salei. Give up Ericsson or Kindl.

Huh? Keep the old guy and give up the two BIG, young puck-movers as the post-Lidstrom era approaches. :huh:

Big d-men who can skate well and move the puck are tough to find in this league.

We accidentally broke into the Corel Centre in Ottawa a few years ago. I think it's the ScotiaBank place now or whatever. Some rich dude in a suit used his card to get in and he kept the door open for us. We practically got a free view of the entire facility. I went to the locker room and took a piss in the same place as Heatley, Alfie and Spezza. I hate each of them, but it's the thought that counts.

While I agree that Neil would be a great addition (roster overcrowding aside) I'd like to point out that the Sens suck and the Wings are fighting for top spot in the West. So, you know... Holland must be doing things better than Murray.

He obviously is but I just find it odd that Holland is always saying he is looking to add a gritty guy but cant seem to find the right guy. I think Carkner would be perfect to trade for and lock into Salies spot for years to come as our 6th dman who is defensive minded and has some edge (a hell of a lot of edge in this case) since Salei should be gone after this season. He can play the game just as good as Salei, while being one of the toughest guys going and comes at a cheap salary

He obviously is but I just find it odd that Holland is always saying he is looking to add a gritty guy but cant seem to find the right guy. I think Carkner would be perfect to trade for and lock into Salies spot for years to come as our 6th dman who is defensive minded and has some edge (a hell of a lot of edge in this case) since Salei should be gone after this season. He can play the game just as good as Salei, while being one of the toughest guys going and comes at a cheap salary

Well i think a lot of that is not wanting to pay a guy like Neil 2mil a season. That is just a terrible contract. Carkie, I can see why Holland never signed him. He's 30 years old and didn't play in his first full NHL season until last season.

I don't see anyone wanting Kovalev or Gonchar. Especially the crap Kovalev said in the media about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwX9UU0ntHo

3:20

Here's a guy who essentially re-ruined a franchise by trading for Yashin and DiPietro. Two guys with less than spotless attitudes...

I imagine die hard Islander fan's (all 14 of them) ears burn when he speaks. Us Detroiters should call him Matt Milbury.

I wouldn't mind Neil or Ruutu, but as mentioned, there is really no room up front. Also, Neil's contract is ridiculous for a 4th liner. I'd like to see Carkner in a Wings sweater, maybe we can somehow get him here. Wouldn't be surprised to see Chris Phillips, Mike Fisher, Nick Foligno, and Chris Campoli moved either. I doubt anyone will go after Gonchar's contract.

Fisher also, is 4 years older than Flip, never won a Cup or married anyone with talent.

4 out of 10 years he managed to play atleast 70 games. This year he hasn't missed any, so far.

Call me a homer, but, Fisher has been all the way to the finals, and didn't make it happen then.

Hardware does the talking, bs opinions classify the rest.

Fisher also, is 4 years older than Flip, never won a Cup or married anyone with talent.

4 out of 10 years he managed to play atleast 70 games. This year he hasn't missed any, so far.

Call me a homer, but, Fisher has been all the way to the finals, and didn't make it happen then.

Hardware does the talking, bs opinions classify the rest.

Some decent points. Plus, they've played the same amount of post-season games and Filppula blows him out of the water in playoff production.

Chris Neil is signed for $2m. There is no way that contract fits the wings structure. Carkner pretty much is a pylon.

You must not watch him play, typical LGW post. This guy get in fight, he suck at hockey for sure.

He is used as a PKer, plays over 15 minutes a game and is probably a top 3 tough guy in the league. What does Salei provide as a 6th defenseman that Carkner does not. They really are similar players except Carkner is tougher (Oh I just answered my own question, hes tough, thats a lgw no no)

I don't see anyone wanting Kovalev or Gonchar. Especially the crap Kovalev said in the media about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwX9UU0ntHo

3:20

I can't believe I'm saying this (and he is still an idiot), but I actually agree with Milbury. Kovalev has been a lazy floater and a waste of talent for the majority of his career.

Funny he could never recognize that trait in his years as a GM. :rolleyes:

I'd be happy to see Carkner take Salei's spot. He's definitely an ideal 6th defenseman and Salei is at the end of his career anyway.

I'd be happy to see Carkner take Salei's spot. He's definitely an ideal 6th defenseman and Salei is at the end of his career anyway.

They are even defensively I would say, Carkner just provides what Salei would have if he would've came here 6 or 7 years ago. Pair Carkner with Ericcson and I wonder how much more edge Ericcson would play with as well

They are even defensively I would say, Carkner just provides what Salei would have if he would've came here 6 or 7 years ago. Pair Carkner with Ericcson and I wonder how much more edge Ericcson would play with as well

Just because you wrap a tissue in barbed wire, it still won't make it any tougher ;)

Just because you wrap a tissue in barbed wire, it still won't make it any tougher ;)

Haha this is true, but I really just feel like if E had a big badass playing with him and backing him up, he would play with more edge. He realy has a lot of potential on that side of his game, he could be an OK heavyweight fighter actually with some experience

ive always loved Chris Phillips for some reason...I know hes having a terrible year (0G 3A -22), but he has had some pretty good seasons in the past (8G 18A +36 in '07)

I know he is expensive as well at $3.5 but just always thought for some reason he would fit in well with the Wings and would certainly play better on this team.

Not saying we should go ahead and do it but just always liked him and may be able to help out if we see more defensive injuries.

And if not this season he may be worth looking at in the offseason for the right price.

Just a thought

I'd be totally cool with tossing them Salei + a pick for Carkner. Maybe even another, young guy... but he'd essentially be taking Salei's spot.

Carkner would be a perfect guy to take Salei's spot. Good shot blocking, hard hitting defenseman that is able to effectively kill penalties. This could be Ruslan's last season in the NHL.

Keep Salei. Give up Ericsson or Kindl.

Uhhh... huh? Terrible, terrible idea. You think big, mobile, puck moving defensemen grow on trees?

Besides... we already had Carkner in the mid 90's and he was average at best. :ph34r:

Edited by Broken 16

Aaron Ward? Lol

No... Terry... :)

Scotty got rid of him before the Cup runs. If I remember correctly, Yzerman wasn't too happy at the time. He was quoted as saying something to the effect of: "All he did was play great defense for us." Of course, this was before the team bought 100% into Scotty's defensive scheme and two-way play... so... plus Yzerman was a little disgusted at the time. He was fresh off the trading block himself. He almost went to Ottawa for Alexi Yashin. Lmao. Thank God someone (JimmyD, Ilitch?) pulled the plug on the trade.

Anyway, Carkner was a solid stay-at-home defensemen. I liked him. Great shot blocker IIRC.

Edited by Broken 16