• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Original-Six

Senators going to dismantle?

Rate this topic

Get Chris Neil or Carkner. How is it the sens can find 2 good tough guys who can play the game well but Detroit can't find any <_<

carkner has a few fights and some blocked shots, otherwise he DEFINITELY cannot play the game at a level that the wings do, too many undisciplined penalties, too many trims tripping over his own ass

Edited by jollymania

Filppula has almost 50% more points than Fischer and makes 1.2 million less than him. AND you want to give away a pick/prospect with Filppula? Does your obsessive fascination with men touching each other blind any logic or reason from your mind completely, or is it only 90%?

Its scary but I totally agree with you, if the Wings trade him they have to get someone who is a BETTER second line center OFFENSIVELY not worse with some fighting ability, Fisher IS a third line center. Newfy, this isn't NHL 2011 you can't just look at stats, some fighting videos and think hes going to plug in well. Filppula is a pretty good puck moving center and if he is to be traded with some picks/prospects the wings need to bring back someone who will provide more offensive upside than anyone like Fisher.

Edited by Shaman464

You must not watch him play, typical LGW post. This guy get in fight, he suck at hockey for sure.

He is used as a PKer, plays over 15 minutes a game and is probably a top 3 tough guy in the league. What does Salei provide as a 6th defenseman that Carkner does not. They really are similar players except Carkner is tougher (Oh I just answered my own question, hes tough, thats a lgw no no)

never said Salei is a better option as the 6th dman than Carkner, but Carkner has glaring deficiencies that have to be taken into consideration. its not a slam dunk improvement if we get Carkner for Salei like you make it out to be

Its scary but I totally agree with you, if the Wings trade him they have to get someone who is a BETTER second line center OFFENSIVELY not worse with some fighting ability, Fisher IS a third line center. Newfy, this isn't NHL 2011 you can't just look at stats, some fighting videos and think hes going to plug in well. Filppula is a pretty good puck moving center and if he is to be traded with some picks/prospects the wings need to bring back someone who will provide more offensive upside than anyone like Fisher.

bingo. Fisher does not fit our style or system. Fisher is a north-south dump and chase guy. he'll be useful maybe on our 3rd or 4th lines, but no thanks at that cap hit.

Kovalev for the run in and cup, he would be awesome on Pavs Wing. The guy has insane skills, put him on a team like ours and it would only be better.

Certainly, but at 5 million. In the cap era. No thanks.

kovalev is the laziest skilled player in the history of the NHL. any of the sens that would actually help the wings are overpaid.

and on a side note...the sens have been dismantling since their lackluster performance that handed the ducks the cup in '06.

06 was our lackluster preformance that handed the canes the oilers as their stanley cup match up.

Guest mjtm77

Pretty much what I expected... I would hang on to Spezza and Karlsson (maybe Regin too) and try to move anyone else.

I'd love for the Wings to get Alfredsson as he would fit right in here, but considering how much Alfie has meant to that franchise I doubt they will actively shop him unless he asks them to (he also has an NTC). Alfie still has 2 years left after this one so he might not be moved till next year or the after that, but I would love to see him get a chance at a Cup, even better if its with the Wings :D

Gonchar will be hard to move after his terrible season so far and 2 more years left on his contract

Phillips (UFA) will garner them a nice return, a team like Washington or San Jose could really use him

Kovalev is probably the biggest lock to be moved, I would expect Pittsburgh, maybe Montreal. He has an NMC but it probably won't be an issue.

Mike Fisher would definitely have value to other teams (1 year left) as would Neil (2 years), Michalek possibly (3 years), Ruutu (UFA), and Foligno (1 year)

As a 2nd team Sens fan, I do hope they blow it up (and maybe Pierre will the man to do it :wink: )

no