• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

VM1138

NHL ASG Entertainment to Suck

Rate this topic

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=550449

Looks like those ASG attendees will be graced with the likes of Clay Aiken and the Canadian Tenors. Really? Sounds like an amazing time full of good music and...wait...what's that you say? An on-ice introduction of the Guardian Project superheroes!

It's like Barney on Ice!

The NHL marketing department needs a house cleaning and they need a whole new crop, because this current one is clearly disconneted and broken... also, I can't believe Stan Lee agreed to do this and I wonder how much they paid him to make a mockery of the league?

Well, at least Clay Aiken and the tenors are just singing the national anthem. This whole Guardian Project thing just baffles the hell out of me, whoever came up with it need to be brought behind the shed and have their misery ended. Superheroes On Ice, no thank you sirs.

Guest Hatethedrake!

They should have Bettman and Jim Balsille in an indian strap lumberjack match. Or maybe the All-Stars can have a Pierre Maguire ass kicking contest.

I can't help it, I'm still going to have to watch the team picking and the skills competitions, but those two things are the only SHRED of airtime I will dedicate to this debacle...

I'll still be watching too, but imagine the people trying to convince their friends who are on the bubble about watching hockey in the first place to watch -

"Come on guys, it will be great, and guess what? Clay Aiken will be making an appearance! And there will be comic book super heroes!"

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Clay Aiken? Apparently Bettman believes that the fandom consists primarily of 13 year old girls and soccer moms who watch American Idol. Even friggin' Nickelback would have been more in touch than Clay Aiken.

They should have Bettman and Jim Balsille in an indian strap lumberjack match. Or maybe the All-Stars can have a Pierre Maguire ass kicking contest.

Refereed by Marty Turco.

Clay Aiken? Apparently Bettman believes that the fandom consists primarily of 13 year old girls and soccer moms who watch American Idol. Even friggin' Nickelback would have been more in touch than Clay Aiken.

Refereed by Marty Turco.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA dude best video ever how did you find this?

ASG Entertainment to suck?

The entire ASG is a joke, imho. Throwing this lame entertainment package together is trying to hit up as many demographics as possible. It's not geared toward folks that are already fans, it seems to be trying to pull in new viewers in hopes of making them "new" fans. So just by having this entertainment card we'll have 13 year old girls, Idol fans, and hockey moms swell the ranks of hockey enthusiasts?

Wait a minute....isn't Clay Aiken admittedly ***? That makes the thread title funny.

ASG Entertainment to suck?

The entire ASG is a joke, imho. Throwing this lame entertainment package together is trying to hit up as many demographics as possible. It's not geared toward folks that are already fans, it seems to be trying to pull in new viewers in hopes of making them "new" fans. So just by having this entertainment card we'll have 13 year old girls, Idol fans, and hockey moms swell the ranks of hockey enthusiasts?

Wait a minute....isn't Clay Aiken admittedly ***? That makes the thread title funny.

This might explain some of the starters, actually.

I guess the main problem with the All-Star Game is that its purpose is basically so everyone can see all of the NHL's "big stars." Which was probably cool a million years ago when the only way to see these guys was either for them to be on your team, or to wait for them to come to town, which might be a rare occasion if they're from another conference.

But today everyone has access to every game all the time; they can follow any team or player they want. The allure of seeing all of the big stars is gone if everyone's already doing that anyway.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

Refereed by Marty Turco.

Nah, I dont kerr who ya err.

Dat derrs funny! :yowza:

Pierre must have some good connects high up, cause I've never once talked to anyone that liked that creepy ******.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=550449

Looks like those ASG attendees will be graced with the likes of Clay Aiken and the Canadian Tenors. Really? Sounds like an amazing time full of good music and...wait...what's that you say? An on-ice introduction of the Guardian Project superheroes!

It's like Barney on Ice!

:lol: Your subject title alone cracked me up. Thanks for the guffaws!

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I could do a better job at marketing the NHL as a whole and I am biased as hell, not to mention that I do not have a marketing degree. It's really not that hard. Marketing Crosby and Ovie is smart because it attracts the non-typical hockey fan. It gives ESPN something to talk about essentially. However, it is important for the NHL to market the many other amazingly talented players in the NHL. Crosby and Ovie get you in the door, but players like Datsyuk, Stamkos, the Sedin twins, Kopitar, etc. get you to stay. You also have to market the young talent that is exploding across the league right now. Players like Hall, Seguin, etc. are attractive to younger fans because they are of a similar age and have the skill to dazzle. The NHL fails to market itself as a whole and instead markets itself as the league of Crosby/Ovie. Not to mention the fact that you have an idiot for a commissioner who looks like a completely unrelatable ****** bag whenever he appears on TV.

I guess the main problem with the All-Star Game is that its purpose is basically so everyone can see all of the NHL's "big stars." Which was probably cool a million years ago when the only way to see these guys was either for them to be on your team, or to wait for them to come to town, which might be a rare occasion if they're from another conference.

But today everyone has access to every game all the time; they can follow any team or player they want. The allure of seeing all of the big stars is gone if everyone's already doing that anyway.

The players on the ice aren't even the stars, its a popularity contest. The game sucks because there is no point to it, at least MLB made their all star game more exciting by giving the winning league home field advantage during the world series. This game is just a big fundraiser. They could have just had a giant bake sale with the goods served up by the players. Then at least you could buy a pie, and proceed to throw it in Cindy Crosby's face. Now that's entertainment!!!