• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

weGotTheCup89

ASG Starter "to stay home" due to injury

Rate this topic

Yep there is no difference in the amount of attention/media given to him in his locker room compared to the All Star game weekend. :rolleyes:

Plus, I'm no doctor, but I have a sneaking suspicion that flying and all the odd air pressure that entails isn't exactly good for a concussion.

Technically, if Crosby plays tomorrow, he would be in violation of the rule if he then skipped the ASG. Doesn't look like he will though, so nothing to discuss really.

However, Crosby certainly should be suspended a game for skipping the ASG two years ago, since it was just a made up rule that allowed him to weasel out of it back then.

This right here. You are right on, Buppy.

Malkin isn't going now either. They're dropping like flies.

Malkin will also miss All-Star Weekend.

Pittsburgh center Evgeni Malkin is joining teammate Sidney Crosby on the All-Star injured list and will not be attending the festivities in Raleigh this coming weekend, Penguins coach Dan Bylsma told reporters Tuesday after the team's morning skate in preparation for their final game before the break.

Malkin will miss his third straight game Tuesday when the Penguins host the Islanders. Bylsma said he's out with a sinus infection/illness, but he has reportedly been bothered by a left knee injury as well.

Edited by Selliria

Plus, I'm no doctor, but I have a sneaking suspicion that flying and all the odd air pressure that entails isn't exactly good for a concussion.

I'm no doctor either (I'm a trauma nurse and ex-RAF aeromed nurse) but flying whilst still suffering the effects of concussion is considered a big no-no. Considering Crosby is still apparently suffering concussion after missing 10 games I'd suggest its possibly serious enough not to bother with flying somewhere to do grip and grin photos.

There are a lot of things to dislike Crosby for but suffering a concussion is no laughing matter and one that has kept him out of 10 games must be pretty bad.

Edited by howeaboutthat

Here's hoping Crosby has the concussion luck of Marc Savard. Cheers.

That's a pretty sick thing to hope for.

I wouldn't wish the amount of head injuries suffered by Marc Savard to anyone I've encountered in my own life, not to mention wish it on a person I've had no direct contact or interaction with.

But alas, fans will be fans I suppose.

I'm no doctor either (I'm a trauma nurse and ex-RAF aeromed nurse) but flying whilst still suffering the effects of concussion is considered a big no-no. Considering Crosby is still apparently suffering concussion after missing 10 games I'd suggest its possibly serious enough not to bother with flying somewhere to do grip and grin photos.

Road Trip! :P

esteef

:paperbag3:

That is just pitiful. I like to get my He Who Shall Not Be Named hate on just as much if not more than anyone else, but wishing injuries on anyone is just ridiculous. Thanks for making us all guilty by association.

(BTW - karma is a *****)

Cheesus, do a simple search & you can see there's absolutely no double standard here at all. From Scott Burnside (espn.com) on the Nick & Pavs suspension...

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman imposed the policy, established at last year's general managers meetings, to legitimize injury claims and improve All-Star Weekend attendance. The policy states All-Stars who are injured must have missed at least the last game before the All-Star break in order to be excused; otherwise, they must sit out the first regular-season game after the break.

Looks pretty cut & dry to me. I dislike Crosby as much as the next guy but seriously...really? really?

I've been staying out of this whole thread (just reading) because I know I've got a real hate on for Squidney, some of it rational, some of it irrational. I can stand around and bad mouth Crysbaby alot. And I do. But I have never wished for any injury to Bettman's boyfriend. I have seen him go down in a quivering heap, and still, I let out that gasp as if it were Lidstrom or some other Demi-God (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Helm). In fact, I've never wished for an injury to any player. You have gone beyond classless and gone down to a level known only by the likes of Claude Lemieux.

Well done, and good day, sir.

I said GOOD DAY, SIR!!!