• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SaCkaveli20

Who is the most hated man on LGW?

Rate this topic

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

coached by McCrimmon?

I gotta jump on this to add that that team would have to be managed by Burke.

Wow... Crosby over CLAUDE LEMIEUX?!?

Lemieux is part of the past, and really, you can't hate someone forever. Crosby on the other hand is the present. The whiny, ***** poster boy of the NHL, who constantly embarrasses all long time hockey fans.

Personally, Crosby is my pick, with Bettman being a close second. Burke is also up there as well.

Could age of the respondents affect this poll?

For me there can be no other than Lemieux.

Yes Crosby is a ****** but how often is he of relevence to teams in the Western Conference? Aside from the fact you can't watch a hockey-related sports show without mention of the flightless whinger in the purely playing sense he factors very little with regards the Detroit Red Wings.

Yes he picked up the SC against the Red Wings but he also watched it being raised up in front of him the previous year (or had he left the ice by then?). Thats 1-1. How likely do you think he and the 'Guins will repeat this feat?

Lemieux though was a major factor during multiple league and play-off runs for the Red Wings. His cowardly actions and dirty play culminated in the 'one dollar man' being injured.

Crosby is the product of the NHL spin machine. Lemieux was a ****** of his own making.

Wow... Crosby over CLAUDE LEMIEUX?!?

Crosby is just there wherever you turn. Plus if anything, I'd have to say I hate Roy more than Lemieux. He annoyed the crap out of me... arrogant SOB.

I don't hate Crosby because other people do, and therefore I'm scared of not "fitting in." I hate him because he's a giant, flaming *******.

Seconded

Yes Crosby is a ****** but how often is he of relevence to teams in the Western Conference? Aside from the fact you can't watch a hockey-related sports show without mention of the flightless whinger in the purely playing sense he factors very little with regards the Detroit Red Wings.

Yes he picked up the SC against the Red Wings but he also watched it being raised up in front of him the previous year (or had he left the ice by then?). Thats 1-1. How likely do you think he and the 'Guins will repeat this feat?

Lemieux though was a major factor during multiple league and play-off runs for the Red Wings. His cowardly actions and dirty play culminated in the 'one dollar man' being injured.

Crosby is the product of the NHL spin machine. Lemieux was a ****** of his own making.

This! This!

Sid isn't doing anything except playing hockey and acting his age. It's the NHL who makes his every whine audible and his every move a show-stopping extravaganza. Lame Mieux took an unfortunate situation and was an arrogant prick about it.

I can't vote anyone but Pepe.

I see why Crosby is winning and I despise the little turd as much as everyone else here, but I must echo the sentiments of other people in this thread -- I don't care how many years have passed, how long he's been out of hockey, whether he's apologized/made amends/brought cookies to the Draper house.....don't care. Claude Lemieux will never NOT be a big pile of ****** on a bed of s***head, wreathed in asswipe.

I can roll along with that.

With Lemeieux, (and hopefully what I say here won't make me have lost respect :P) what he did to Draper and how he played a lot was pretty chicken s**t. I can respect though that he pretty much never apologized for the way he played, he accepted that if he was going to be an a'hole, he wasn't going to get pissy or have a hissy fit at others possibly being an a'hole back to him. As much as I hated him, looking back now (and the Lemieux-McCarty interview helped as well) I consider him a no-nonsense guy, this is who I am, I can't help it, I'm not going to get mad at you if you dish punishment back at me, and I expect it given the way I played. Again it'd be very very hard for me to like him or to give him the time and day if I ever saw him in person, he's got a lot of cojones/nerves and I despise that about him, but also respect him a little bit for that as well. He doesn't b.s. around pretending to be somebody he isn't. I'd be really interested too see if he was ever this way in life outside his job and profession.

With Crosby, he's just an immature punk right now. Sorry if that is harsh, but he is to me. Some of that is unfair probably, it doesn't help that he's constantly focused on by media as well, but that is who he is right now. Before Carman gets his panties in a bunch, it has nothing to do with disrepsecting his game or being jealous of his talent. I get that he is one of the best players in the game at present, but I just can't stand his whiney attitude and that nobody should be able to touch me, but I can do it to others.

That's the main difference to me between Lemieux and Crosby. Hopefully in time Crosby can mature.

And, as an aside, I'd dislike Pittsburgh a lot less and be more at ease with accepting that they defeated us in 2009 and would have a lot more respect for NHL marketing etc. if they understood this and basically don't turn the other cheek (not expecting them to do it for me, but you get the idea I think). I don't expect Crosby (or anybody for that matter) to act like a perfect gentleman on and off the ice, but there's a reason why a lot of people dislike him and why he was voted one of the whiniest players in the league by his own peers.

As much as a I loathe bringing his name into my first post on these forums, my vote goes to Crosby. I respect that fact that he is an incredible player, but that doesn't disguise his childlike, immature demeanor.

I never understood the hate for Mindfly. I mean sure, the rants could be outlandish and sometimes make you wonder if he was bordering the lines of the clinically insane. But when you take them with a grain of salt they were flat out entertaining. This was the type of guy that you could flat out laugh at; not with. I always looked at Mindfly as the Sean Avery of the LGW Forums. Although many would argue it's a better place without, it's just not the same to me. Just like the NHL wouldn't be the same without Avery and his antics. But then again, I've never understood the hate for Avery. Maybe it's because I pity people like that more than hate them. Maybe LGW should force Mindfly into a rehab program if he wants back into the forum.

This! This!

Sid isn't doing anything except playing hockey and acting his age. It's the NHL who makes his every whine audible and his every move a show-stopping extravaganza. Lame Mieux took an unfortunate situation and was an arrogant prick about it.

I can't vote anyone but Pepe.

Man, 55fan I'm usually on the same page as you. Normally you crack me up and I wanna invent a new age internet high five just so I can give you one. But this post here doesn't even make me angry. I'm just flat out disappointed in you.

I won't say that there aren't other players who whine in the NHL because for anyone who watched HBO's 24/7 you saw basically every player on the Pens and Caps whine like crazy. But what actually might be worse than Crosby being the whiney little ***** that he is, is when people say that he's just acting his age. There are all kinds of other players his age, and younger, that don't pull those stunts. And before you say they aren't the superstar (and dealing with the attention and pressure that he does) just look to someone like Stamkos or Toews.

Claude was despicable but has tried to make restitutions since retirement. I still think he's a ****** but at least we don't have to hear people making excuses for him.