424 replies to this topic

#421 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:48 PM

^ I love that video, Drapes is great in it. "DON'T IGNORE ME!"

Being a Datsyuk-like player (Daksyukian) doesn't mean you have to be as good as Datsyuk. From his first season in the league he always reminded me of Datsyuk (and again, that doesn't mean he is, was, or ever will be as good). His game is very similar to Datsyuk's.

I just don't like the comparison. I personally never saw Flip as a Datsyuk clone. I saw him with his own skill set. I just never saw Datsyuk's game in it. Flips game is more power and speed. Datsyuk is just a pure dangler. Flip could easily be as dominant as Datsyuk if he just shot the puck more.

Edited by Broken 16, 27 January 2011 - 10:49 PM.

#422 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:05 PM

I just don't like the comparison. I personally never saw Flip as a Datsyuk clone. I saw him with his own skill set. I just never saw Datsyuk's game in it. Flips game is more power and speed. Datsyuk is just a pure dangler. Flip could easily be as dominant as Datsyuk if he just shot the puck more.

this is a joke, right?

#423 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

this is a joke, right?

What? That I think Datsyuk is more of a dangler than Flip? No. I'm not joking.

And yes, I think Flip is skilled enough to be dominant in a different way than Datsyuk, which is why I don't really like the comparison.

Edited by Broken 16, 27 January 2011 - 11:22 PM.

#424 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:48 AM

What? That I think Datsyuk is more of a dangler than Flip? No. I'm not joking.

And yes, I think Flip is skilled enough to be dominant in a different way than Datsyuk, which is why I don't really like the comparison.

no, that pavel is "just a pure dangler" and that flip could "easily be as dominant as datsyuk." all he has to do is shoot more and he would be as effective in a game as pavel? flip can't even shoot so i don't see what the point of him shooting more is.

i get that you're saying flip could potentially be a dominant player and that he would do it in a different way than pavel, and i agree with that. but to suggest that he could ever reach datsyuk's level (in any facet of the game), that i do not agree with. the best flip can hope for is to become 'datsyuk lite' in a couple of years.

btw, i'm not a flip hater like some people on here. i know he's an asset to this team, and his positioning, defense, and skating are superb. it's just that datsyuk is on a super-human level in almost every aspect of the game. i'm just being realistic when comparing these two.

#425 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:03 PM

no, that pavel is "just a pure dangler" and that flip could "easily be as dominant as datsyuk." all he has to do is shoot more and he would be as effective in a game as pavel? flip can't even shoot so i don't see what the point of him shooting more is.

i get that you're saying flip could potentially be a dominant player and that he would do it in a different way than pavel, and i agree with that. but to suggest that he could ever reach datsyuk's level (in any facet of the game), that i do not agree with. the best flip can hope for is to become 'datsyuk lite' in a couple of years.

btw, i'm not a flip hater like some people on here. i know he's an asset to this team, and his positioning, defense, and skating are superb. it's just that datsyuk is on a super-human level in almost every aspect of the game. i'm just being realistic when comparing these two.

Ya. I didn't word that too well. I figured someone would jump on it.

I was trying to say that Datsyuk achieves his results more from dangling while Flip dangles a little but he mostly seems to rely on speed and getting body position on an opponent to get his results.

And I agree that nobody can be compared to Datsyuk. That was my initial point. :)

Edited by Broken 16, 28 January 2011 - 07:05 PM.