• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingnut09

2011 possible deadline trades?

Rate this topic

I really haven't heard any rumblings involving the red wings in sone trade talks. But I got a feeling Holland has an ALL OR NOTHING stance this year so I think he's gonna be looking to make some deals. Any ideas who he may look to bring in and who he REALISTICALLY may ship out.

I think that he'll make a push for a decent acquisition (perhaps a blue liner?) this year, while Lidstrom is still around, but I don't think he'll break the bank for it. It'll be like the case of Stuart, where if someone good is available for a decent price he'll jump on it.

Rumor is the Caps are looking to move Semin, just throwing this out there maybe add some more scoring to the Wings, Caps only have 3 Centers on the starting roster (Backstrom,Laich,Steckel) and goaltending is not the greatest, along with the D.

To Wings- Alexander Semin

To Caps- Jiri Hudler,Daniel Larsson,Jonathan Ericcson and a prospect or picks

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Semin-Filppula-Franzen

Bertuzzi-Cleary-Miller

Eaves-Abdelkader-Helm

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Stuart-Rafalski

Salei-Kindl/Janik

Lets not get crazy its just an idea, the Caps are rumored to not resigning Semin, so im sure they dont want to lose him for nothing and they might get better offers, but Ken Holland might be able to work some magic.

The players ive heard the Wings are interested in are (radio and websites)

Ruutu(OTT)

Semin(WAS)

Setoguchi(SJ)

Moulson(NYI) probably not after the whole Nabokov thing lol

Staios(CGY)

Bergfors(ATL)

would love Semin but not at that 6 mill cap hit...maybe in the offseason?

get him for around 4 mill?

:D

Agreed the Cap hit is high, but im pretty sure he is a RFA and we all know were probably going to trade players before giving up a bunch of picks

Rumor is the Caps are looking to move Semin, just throwing this out there maybe add some more scoring to the Wings, Caps only have 3 Centers on the starting roster (Backstrom,Laich,Steckel) and goaltending is not the greatest, along with the D.

To Wings- Alexander Semin

To Caps- Jiri Hudler,Daniel Larsson,Jonathan Ericcson and a prospect or picks

Semin-Filppula-Franzen

Bertuzzi-Cleary-Miller

Eaves-Abdelkader-Helm

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Stuart-Rafalski

Salei-Kindl/Janik

Lets not get crazy its just an idea, the Caps are rumored to not resigning Semin, so im sure they dont want to lose him for nothing and they might get better offers, but Ken Holland might be able to work some magic.

I doubt this goes down. Firstly, I would think the Caps would keep him for a Cup run. Secondly, the Wings would NOT give up Hudler, Ericsson and Larsson plus a draft pick for a rental who most likely wont re-sign for a discount and will likely wind up somewhere like New York or LA. Finally, giving up two roster players for one doesn't fit Hollands track record. The guy is all about depth. Hudler and Ericsson have been in deep playoff runs. I think the Wings offense is pretty darn good. Holland's targets should be another D man and possibly a backup goalie is Osgood isnt ready.

Agreed the Cap hit is high, but im pretty sure he is a RFA and we all know were probably going to trade players before giving up a bunch of picks

nope he's a UFA so we do actually have a shot at landing him in the offseason for a cheaper price tag...but who knows what Kenny has up his sleeve

The players ive heard the Wings are interested in are (radio and websites)

Ruutu(OTT)

Semin(WAS)

Setoguchi(SJ)

Moulson(NYI) probably not after the whole Nabokov thing lol

Staios(CGY)

Bergfors(ATL)

I don't think that any of those players would really help us besides Semin.

I would kill to get Semin. I would think there would be interest in Neil as well if they were to trade any of the depth guys. Though I wouldn't imagine that we would be willing to trade the players to make that happen.

The Cap price actually is doable with our cap situation for this year. next year might be a different story at 6.7 million.

I doubt he would go anywhere now.

I would be more than willing to give them Hudler, Emmerton, Miller, Bertuzzi, and up to two first round draft pick from him. He would be a perfect Winger on the second line with Eaves and vFil.

However, the signing for one year clearly shows that they are going for the cup this year and will move him in the offseason to a team like LA.

What about this as a possible trade idea , The leafs have 3 goalies right now and more then likely will try and move one of them , they also do not have a top line center which is defintly hurting Kessel's play, the Leafs also don't have a first round pick this year and i know the Wings aren't a team that usually deals picks but how about this.

To TOR- Jiri Hudler,1st Round Pick,Patrick Eaves, maybe a 3rd or 4th Round Pick if needed

To DET- Nikolai Kulemin,Jonas Gustavsson

Gustavsson has had a rough season so far, but he doesn't have a very good team infront of him, i think playing with a far better D infront of him he may be able to shine, Kulemin is 24 and a slick player so trading a 1st round pick for a younger player I dont see as to much of a loss. Giving them Hudler I realize he is not a top line Center but on that team he is and who knows playing in a smaller not as rough Eastern Conf. might help his game out,Eaves is Burke kind of player NOT euro, like to hit , goes in the corners and can chip in scoring.

Franzen-Filppula-Kulemin

Bertuzzi-Modano-Cleary

Miller-Abdelkader-Helm

Draper

Howard

Gustavsson

Edited by king_malice

Our team has so many great prospects and so little cap, to suggest we are going to add to the team at their expense is far fetched. I would love Hudler and some picks to disappear if it would make us better, I just can't see how that would happen.

I think that he'll make a push for a decent acquisition (perhaps a blue liner?) this year, while Lidstrom is still around, but I don't think he'll break the bank for it. It'll be like the case of Stuart, where if someone good is available for a decent price he'll jump on it.

I love your AVATAR!

What about this as a possible trade idea , The leafs have 3 goalies right now and more then likely will try and move one of them , they also do not have a top line center which is defintly hurting Kessel's play, the Leafs also don't have a first round pick this year and i know the Wings aren't a team that usually deals picks but how about this.

To TOR- Jiri Hudler,1st Round Pick,Patrick Eaves, maybe a 3rd or 4th Round Pick if needed

Gustavsson has had a rough season so far, but he doesn't have a very good team infront of him, i think playing with a far better D infront of him he may be able to shine, Kulemin is 24 and a slick player so trading a 1st round pick for a younger player I dont see as to much of a loss. Giving them Hudler I realize he is not a top line Center but on that team he is and who knows playing in a smaller not as rough Eastern Conf. might help his game out,Eaves is Burke kind of player NOT euro, like to hit , goes in the corners and can chip in scoring.

Franzen-Filppula-Kulemin

Bertuzzi-Modano-Cleary

Miller-Abdelkader-Helm

Draper

Howard

Gustavsson

I wouldn't move Eaves, I think he has the potential to be a 20 goal 40-50pt guy that we can sign for a couple million long term. Plus he is pretty gritty and a good PKer. Think Cleary 2.0

I live in Toronto and unfortunately see a lot of Leaf games. I absolutely love Nik Kulemin. I even really like Gustavsson (at times) but holy s***, what an over payment that would be. I do believe that both of those players have great potential (Kulemin more than Gustavsson) but it's jut way too pricey. Gustavsson has medical issues and has not shown he can be a consistent starter in this league. Even when he has played well his level of play hasn't been that great yet. Kulemin is showing he can score which is great. But Hudler showed he can score as well. Eaves brings a hell of a lot to a team and if got more ice time his numbers would be higher than they even are right now. Then on top of that you want to toss in a 1st and a 3rd or 4th. I just don't buy it.

Maybe a depth defenseman is all I see as a skater need. Modano coming back and having Datsyuk, Filppula, Cleary and others having some time off this regular season I see no need for panic. Like I said, maybe a 6-7-8 defenseman on the cheap.

That being said, the goaltending sticks in my craw. I have no problem with Jimmy. He'll either get it done or he won't. I worry about Ozzie's groin/hernia surgery nagging issues if Howard falters ala Hasek in 2008

Edited by Jersey Wing

How about a deal with the Bolts ? Wings I think could use some more help on D and ive heard and read the Bolts might be looking to deal a D since getting Brewer, The guys rumored being moved are Brett Clark, Matt Smaby and maybe Mattias Ohlund, I personally like Clark who currently has 8G 14A and a +1 and cap hit is around 1.5