• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingnut09

2011 possible deadline trades?

Rate this topic

Any trade would have to be for the future and not the present. I just don't see an easy way to improve this team. The future is foolish to trade for as well, because this might be Lids last year.

I agree, but you think if your Holland knowing this could be guys like (Draper,Lids,Modano) last year he might try and add a little something extra to try and get them 1 last cup. Like ive said before I don't like Salei at all and think there are defintly better reasonable options out there

For all these deals offering Hudler, Ericsson, etc, I've been hoping to see Holland put together a similar package for Ales Hemsky. He'd be a perfect 2nd liner here, has a great contract which extends into next year, and I think the idea of Datsyuk and Hemsky together is magical.

For all these deals offering Hudler, Ericsson, etc, I've been hoping to see Holland put together a similar package for Ales Hemsky. He'd be a perfect 2nd liner here, has a great contract which extends into next year, and I think the idea of Datsyuk and Hemsky together is magical.

Is it magical like the reality of Datsyuk and Hudler?

has anyone else heard this rumor ?

To BUF : Rafalski

To DET: Leopold, 2nd Round pick

saves about 3mill cap space, almost the same offensive output this season, and Leopold is a little bigger

Also rumors of the Devils listening to offers on moving Parise to save CAP space. How about sending them the same sort of package they got Kovy for, or a prospect and a couple of picks. I would 100% give up a 1st and 2nd for Parise still really young and a offenssive machine.

Parise-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Zetterberg-Filppula-Franzen

Cleary-Hudler-Bertuzzi

Helm-Abdelkader-Eaves

Kronwall-Lidstrom

Stuart-Leopold

Ericcson-Salei

Looks good to me ! , the Parise one is with a shot and i dont mind the Rafalski one at all, i love Raffy but saving that much Cap is huge and ive heard this rumor a few times, but we will see what happens

On the face of it, Rafalski could appear untouchable.

With 34 points and a plus-10 rating, he's been one of the more consistently strong players in Detroit this season.

That's exactly why he'd be worth a ton for a team looking to add a three-time Stanley Cup winner to their blue-line.

In fact, as the Buffalo Sabres are suddenly with in striking distance of a playoff spot, trading Jordan Leopold and a prospect, or perhaps a second-round pick, to the Wings in exchange for Rafalski might be a move worth making.

Not only could it work in the short-term, but clearing Rafalski's $6 million salary from the books and re-investing that over the summer could be an added bonus.

thats just one i can remember reading ive also seen it on another site and heard it on a sports show on the radio

thats just a little article suggesting it so i dont know if thats where the rumors started but i have heard and read them elsewhere ( several months ago )

On the face of it, Rafalski could appear untouchable.

With 34 points and a plus-10 rating, he's been one of the more consistently strong players in Detroit this season.

That's exactly why he'd be worth a ton for a team looking to add a three-time Stanley Cup winner to their blue-line.

In fact, as the Buffalo Sabres are suddenly with in striking distance of a playoff spot, trading Jordan Leopold and a prospect, or perhaps a second-round pick, to the Wings in exchange for Rafalski might be a move worth making.

Not only could it work in the short-term, but clearing Rafalski's $6 million salary from the books and re-investing that over the summer could be an added bonus.

thats just one i can remember reading ive also seen it on another site and heard it on a sports show on the radio

thats just a little article suggesting it so i dont know if thats where the rumors started but i have heard and read them elsewhere ( several months ago )

Except Rafalski has a no-trade clause and intends to retire a Wing.

/rumor

Why would we trade a DMan who is our best even strength DMan, has the highest +/- on the team and one of the highest PPG clips of all DMen in the entire NHL and is easily one of the top 5 most consistent DMen in all the NHL for the past decade? There's a reason Leopold is with his 5th team in three seasons and his stupendous -23 career +/-.

Not to mention, wherever you heard this "rumor",they must be idiots cause' RafLOLski has a NTC.