• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

To TOR- Jiri Hudler,1st Round Pick,Patrick Eaves, maybe a 3rd or 4th Round Pick if needed

To DET- Nikolai Kulemin,Jonas Gustavsson

I live in Toronto and unfortunately see a lot of Leaf games. I absolutely love Nik Kulemin. I even really like Gustavsson (at times) but holy s***, what an over payment that would be. I do believe that both of those players have great potential (Kulemin more than Gustavsson) but it's jut way too pricey. Gustavsson has medical issues and has not shown he can be a consistent starter in this league. Even when he has played well his level of play hasn't been that great yet. Kulemin is showing he can score which is great. But Hudler showed he can score as well. Eaves brings a hell of a lot to a team and if got more ice time his numbers would be higher than they even are right now. Then on top of that you want to toss in a 1st and a 3rd or 4th. I just don't buy it.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#22 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:53 PM

No trades unless Ozzie has a setback in his rehabilitation. Sounds par for the course. No addition really needed anyway.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#23 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:04 PM

Maybe a depth defenseman is all I see as a skater need. Modano coming back and having Datsyuk, Filppula, Cleary and others having some time off this regular season I see no need for panic. Like I said, maybe a 6-7-8 defenseman on the cheap.

That being said, the goaltending sticks in my craw. I have no problem with Jimmy. He'll either get it done or he won't. I worry about Ozzie's groin/hernia surgery nagging issues if Howard falters ala Hasek in 2008

Edited by Jersey Wing, 19 February 2011 - 12:04 PM.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#24 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:53 PM

How about a deal with the Bolts ? Wings I think could use some more help on D and ive heard and read the Bolts might be looking to deal a D since getting Brewer, The guys rumored being moved are Brett Clark, Matt Smaby and maybe Mattias Ohlund, I personally like Clark who currently has 8G 14A and a +1 and cap hit is around 1.5

#25 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:00 PM

Any trade would have to be for the future and not the present. I just don't see an easy way to improve this team. The future is foolish to trade for as well, because this might be Lids last year.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#26 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:38 AM

Any trade would have to be for the future and not the present. I just don't see an easy way to improve this team. The future is foolish to trade for as well, because this might be Lids last year.

I agree, but you think if your Holland knowing this could be guys like (Draper,Lids,Modano) last year he might try and add a little something extra to try and get them 1 last cup. Like ive said before I don't like Salei at all and think there are defintly better reasonable options out there

#27 Yellowknife Redwing

Yellowknife Redwing

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:01 PM

For all these deals offering Hudler, Ericsson, etc, I've been hoping to see Holland put together a similar package for Ales Hemsky. He'd be a perfect 2nd liner here, has a great contract which extends into next year, and I think the idea of Datsyuk and Hemsky together is magical.

#28 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:04 AM

For all these deals offering Hudler, Ericsson, etc, I've been hoping to see Holland put together a similar package for Ales Hemsky. He'd be a perfect 2nd liner here, has a great contract which extends into next year, and I think the idea of Datsyuk and Hemsky together is magical.

Is it magical like the reality of Datsyuk and Hudler?
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#29 Yellowknife Redwing

Yellowknife Redwing

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:01 AM

Is it magical like the reality of Datsyuk and Hudler?

Even taking into account how well Hudler has been playing lately, if you don't think Hemsky would be an upgrade over Hudler I don't believe the ensuing conversation would really be necessary.

#30 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:29 PM

has anyone else heard this rumor ?

To BUF : Rafalski

To DET: Leopold, 2nd Round pick

saves about 3mill cap space, almost the same offensive output this season, and Leopold is a little bigger

Also rumors of the Devils listening to offers on moving Parise to save CAP space. How about sending them the same sort of package they got Kovy for, or a prospect and a couple of picks. I would 100% give up a 1st and 2nd for Parise still really young and a offenssive machine.

Parise-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Zetterberg-Filppula-Franzen
Cleary-Hudler-Bertuzzi
Helm-Abdelkader-Eaves

Kronwall-Lidstrom
Stuart-Leopold
Ericcson-Salei

Looks good to me ! , the Parise one is with a shot and i dont mind the Rafalski one at all, i love Raffy but saving that much Cap is huge and ive heard this rumor a few times, but we will see what happens

#31 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:23 PM

has anyone else heard this rumor ?

To BUF : Rafalski

To DET: Leopold, 2nd Round pick

I'd love to know where you heard this "rumor."
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#32 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:29 AM

On the face of it, Rafalski could appear untouchable.

With 34 points and a plus-10 rating, he's been one of the more consistently strong players in Detroit this season.

That's exactly why he'd be worth a ton for a team looking to add a three-time Stanley Cup winner to their blue-line.

In fact, as the Buffalo Sabres are suddenly with in striking distance of a playoff spot, trading Jordan Leopold and a prospect, or perhaps a second-round pick, to the Wings in exchange for Rafalski might be a move worth making.

Not only could it work in the short-term, but clearing Rafalski's $6 million salary from the books and re-investing that over the summer could be an added bonus.

thats just one i can remember reading ive also seen it on another site and heard it on a sports show on the radio

thats just a little article suggesting it so i dont know if thats where the rumors started but i have heard and read them elsewhere ( several months ago )

#33 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:39 AM

On the face of it, Rafalski could appear untouchable.

With 34 points and a plus-10 rating, he's been one of the more consistently strong players in Detroit this season.

That's exactly why he'd be worth a ton for a team looking to add a three-time Stanley Cup winner to their blue-line.

In fact, as the Buffalo Sabres are suddenly with in striking distance of a playoff spot, trading Jordan Leopold and a prospect, or perhaps a second-round pick, to the Wings in exchange for Rafalski might be a move worth making.

Not only could it work in the short-term, but clearing Rafalski's $6 million salary from the books and re-investing that over the summer could be an added bonus.

thats just one i can remember reading ive also seen it on another site and heard it on a sports show on the radio

thats just a little article suggesting it so i dont know if thats where the rumors started but i have heard and read them elsewhere ( several months ago )

Except Rafalski has a no-trade clause and intends to retire a Wing.

/rumor

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#34 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:52 AM

Why would we trade a DMan who is our best even strength DMan, has the highest +/- on the team and one of the highest PPG clips of all DMen in the entire NHL and is easily one of the top 5 most consistent DMen in all the NHL for the past decade? There's a reason Leopold is with his 5th team in three seasons and his stupendous -23 career +/-.

Not to mention, wherever you heard this "rumor",they must be idiots cause' RafLOLski has a NTC.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#35 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:36 PM

lol thats why im asking if anyone else has heard it