• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:52 PM

Miracle
Boondock Saints
Any of the Bourne Movies
Elf
Fanboys

Yes! The Bourne Series is killer. I always end up watching Joe Dirt all the time. It is always on comedy central and I just leave it on even though I have seen it 10000x. Its not even that great of a movie, good but not great.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,501 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:56 PM

you are all too young to remember, and it is probably out of circulation, but "Tarzan" with Bo Derek... worst. movie. ever. :blink:

Edited by puckloo39, 27 January 2011 - 09:57 PM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#23 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:46 AM

Oh I remember that little turkey...about as fondly as I remember the flu.
Posted Image

#24 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:31 PM

you are all too young to remember, and it is probably out of circulation, but "Tarzan" with Bo Derek... worst. movie. ever. :blink:

I've watched plenty of movies just because there was a hot actress in them, and those type of films tend to be enjoyable somewhat.

Never seen that one, so maybe it's bad despite having her in it.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#25 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:19 PM

Miracle
Boondock Saints
Any of the Bourne Movies
Elf
Fanboys

Miracle wtf that movie is great. This must have been a typo or something.

Godfather! boring zzzzzzzzzzz!

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#26 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:12 PM

I'm perplexed as how you didn't read the quote in my post...

Edited by Konnan511, 28 January 2011 - 02:12 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#27 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:38 PM

I'm perplexed as how you didn't read the quote in my post...

that was to close now i see. i just read your posting and not the quote before. I knew you were to cool to hate miracle

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#28 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:39 PM

I wish every movie was as "boring" as The Godfather.

#29 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

Cannot stand and could not watch:

1. The Passion of Christ - For the same torturous reasons someone mentioned above. Typical Mel Gibson gory overkill.
2. Vicky Cristina Barcelona - a piece of s*** about inane, self-centered people going nowhere and doing nothing but mewling and puking.
3. The Hot Tub (whatever) movie. It was the worst five minutes of film I've ever watched. Talk about NO redeeming social value...
4. Anything with Jim Carrey except for "A Christmas Carol", which was very well done. Pretty much the same with Sandler and Will Ferrell. I'm pretty sure he hates women. :ph34r:
5. Not that crazy about the Fellowship of the Rings series either.

For their special effects, I LOVE the "Men in Black" series; "Independence Day", and movies like "2012"(and for Will Smith's ad lib acting).

I recommend a weirdo little animated thing called "The Triplets of Belleville". Whoever put that one together has a new one coming out too (?!) that's getting good reviews.

More later. I love to talk about films! :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#30 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

Here's a wee takeoff on this theme:

Who are your favorite character actors?

For some reason, I can come up with more male actors than female...Hmmm

Mine are: Gary Oldman - He can play ANYthing.
Hank Azaria - Plays everything from nasty Egyptian Kings to *** houseboys. Is also great at voice-overs and dialects.
Sam Rockwell - A cast underling in "Galaxy Quest" (one of my nutsoid faves); and the bad guy in Iron Man 2.
Geoffrey Rush - Can also play anything.

Women:...? Problem is, they usually have to play leads because they have to produce a lot of their own films.

Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett, Kathy Bates, Claire Danes...I know I'm forgetting a lot more...!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#31 megaelixir

megaelixir

why hello there mister kronwall

• 49 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:54 PM

I walked out of Hostel and The Devil's Rejects. I'm not entirely sure why I even bothered to walk in.

That's it, I think.

Posted Image

#32 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

Here's a wee takeoff on this theme:

Who are your favorite character actors?

Favourite Male Actor(s): Walter Matthau, Bob Hope, Jimmy Stewart, Tom Hanks, Robin Williams, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon

Favourite Female: Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep, Jessica Alba, Cate Blanchette, Kathy Bates

whats everyones take on Tom Cruise? i liked him pre-Katie Holmes, pre- "scientology"..then everything went downhill from there.
And Oh God, i can't believe im bringing this up, but it was just THAT horrible (in my opinion anyway) was Valkyrie. Don't get my started with that movie. My Dad wanted me to watch it with him because hes really big on history, especially WWI, WWII, Haulocaust, and ANYTHING related to Hitler. Then i lost every ounce of respect for Tom Cruise after that. It just brings my piss to a boil every time i think about that movie.

End Rant

Edited by ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24, 28 January 2011 - 07:33 PM.

#33 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:10 PM

I walked out of Hostel and The Devil's Rejects. I'm not entirely sure why I even bothered to walk in.

That's it, I think.

"Hostel" brings up a point. There are WAY too many movies out there where women are not only targets but are abused and tortured beyond any semblance of sanity. It.is.sickening, twisted, and doesn't say a whole lot that's good about what we're willing to see/pay for. And what it does to us as human beings.

#34 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:48 PM

Super Ex-Girlfriend I also walked out on.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#35 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:29 PM

Thank you for reminding me of another person whose movies I prefer not to watch...Will Ferrell. Whoever told him he had talent was definitely smoking something illegal. I've seen more talent in dryer lint.

Hmm...favorite actors. Sean Connery is the first that pops in my head. I really can't say I have a list of favorites. I'm more the type who likes (or hates) each movie on its own merits. As far as a character actor, one of the best is Alan Rickman. I've seen him do some real rotten bad guys, and then you get him in a movie like "Love Actually" and his character is one that you love. Go figure.
Posted Image

#36 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

Women(usually older): Eww Will Ferrell
Everyone else: Will Ferrell is awesome!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#37 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:32 PM

Women(usually older): Eww Will Ferrell
Everyone else: Will Ferrell is awesome!

I'm not an older woman, and I think Will Ferrell is the most annoying person in movies today.

It amazes me that anyone likes his shtick anymore.

#38 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:14 PM

I'm not an older woman, and I think Will Ferrell is the most annoying person in movies today.

It amazes me that anyone likes his shtick anymore.

Yah, but you're naturally high and mighty and like to rain on people's parades.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#39 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:24 PM

Yah, but you're naturally high and mighty and like to rain on people's parades.

No, I'm being honest.

I don't like Will Ferrell.

#40 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:09 PM

My housemate tried watching "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas", made it through about an hour and 15 minutes, and said, "You're right. You have to be either drunk or seriously medicated to watch this." She gave up. Can't say I blame her.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users