• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#41 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:22 PM

i guess none of you have ever seen anchorman because that is one of the greatest movies ever made. Will Ferrell is a genius and anyone who cant see this obviously has no sense of humor. Will Ferrell = boss.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#42 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:10 PM

Exactly. Anchorman, Elf, old School. They are all epic movies that i figured no one hated.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#43 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:19 PM

I turned off the 2nd Lord of The Rings movie and Requiem for a Dream. I have a very hard time turning off a movie just because I like to make a fair judgment on it. The urge to turn off Be Kind Rewind was massive to where I almost did. God that movie was awful.

#44 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:42 PM

all will ferrell movies are the best i dare someone to bring up one bad movie

Edited by Hossa4Life, 31 January 2011 - 01:43 PM.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#45 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

:blink:

I hope this is a joke?

How about his entire filmography, minus a few movies like Night at the Roxbury and Anchorman.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#46 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:13 PM

Land of the Lost, Stranger than Fiction, Bewitched, Kicking & Screaming

Those sucked. The rest where he had a leading role, solid.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#47 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:16 PM

I agree with the last three. I thought the Land of the Lost wasn't bad. Sure it wasn't epic, but it wasn't bad.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#48 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:13 AM

i never saw stranger then fiction but ill give that to you and also bewitched cause that movie had some of the worst acting since black and white movies. the other two were decent. all cool guys do a kids movie and land of the lost was pretty funny.

Posted Image

#49 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:30 PM

Thank you for reminding me of another person whose movies I prefer not to watch...Will Ferrell. Whoever told him he had talent was definitely smoking something illegal. I've seen more talent in dryer lint.

Hmm...favorite actors. Sean Connery is the first that pops in my head. I really can't say I have a list of favorites. I'm more the type who likes (or hates) each movie on its own merits. As far as a character actor, one of the best is Alan Rickman. I've seen him do some real rotten bad guys, and then you get him in a movie like "Love Actually" and his character is one that you love. Go figure.

TOTALLY agree about Alan Rickman. I can't believe I forgot him. He can also play anything. Have you seen "Bottle Shock"? Not bad. Don't know if you're into the Harry Potter series but I am. It's part of my Never Gonna Grow Up Thing. And he is marvelous in those. His sense of timing on his delivery is mesmerizing. He should have some very juicy scenes in the finale of HP. AND Will Ferrell...there's just something hostile about him that's hard to take. It's probably generational with me. Although his G.Bush was scarily wonderful.

And Colin Firth. OH yeah. Right now, he's probably my favorite actor. I highly recommend "The King's Speech". Everyone is good in it. BEST movie this year. And yeah, we saw "True Grit" and loved that one too. A buddy of ours, Joe Stevens, plays the lawyer. He was even part of the SAG awards film clip for Jeff Bridges! :)

EDIT: I want to mention here that Joe Stevens just received an autographed book of photos from Jeff Bridges from the movie set. He.is.a.class.act.

Edited by Vladifan, 01 February 2011 - 01:33 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#50 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:36 PM

Women(usually older): Eww Will Ferrell
Everyone else: Will Ferrell is awesome!

There might be something to what you say. I believe he does have hostilities toward women. Which is OK by me if that's where he is; but I don't have to nor need to watch him displaying it. :)

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#51 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

I'm not an older woman, and I think Will Ferrell is the most annoying person in movies today.

It amazes me that anyone likes his shtick anymore.

Ya know, I am an old lady and if I had to pick the most annoying actor in movies today, it might be him. The guy doesn't seem to have any depth. There's absolutely no messages in his films. Or Jim Carrey. But Carrey really ought to do more animated voice-over stuff. Speaking of being more than one-dimensional, he was really wonderful in "A Christmas Carol". And he does have a marvelous voice.

#52 butters92

butters92

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:12 PM

Resevoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction

Both extremely overrated movies, couldnt finish them

Street Fighter with JCVD
Transformers revenge of the fallen
Requiem for a dream
A Clockwork orange

I have to finish happy gilmore whenever thats on tv

Edited by butters92, 01 February 2011 - 02:15 PM.

#53 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:13 PM

Resevoir Dogs

Literally could not read past this..... Just unreal someone could find this movie overrated.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#54 butters92

butters92

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

Literally could not read past this..... Just unreal someone could find this movie overrated.

How is it a good movie? Oceans Eleven is a much better crime movie

#55 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:50 PM

- Darkness (horrible movie, horrible ending) .. it was a movie I did my best to forget on Xmas and thankfully a liquor store was still open.

- Passion of the Christ (already knew the plot, the movie sucked.. the violence and gore was ok, but hell, I'd rather watch Saw than this and that's saying something)

- Dirty Dancing (I've actually went and did something else several times, and when I was younger I swear like four or five girls demanded I watch that with them)

- Syriana (I tend to really like Matt Damon films, and even though I loved seeing logical critiques or parodies of the silly War on Terror, it simply bored the crap out of me and I started falling asleep)

- Miracle (the Hollywood version was a huge joke to the actual Miracle on ice.. )

#56 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:21 PM

Exactly. Anchorman, Elf, old School. They are all epic movies that i figured no one hated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8T095mFdW8

works every time

#57 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:46 PM

How is it a good movie? Oceans Eleven is a much better crime movie

:lol:

Ocean's Eleven is not a serious crime movie. It's just a stupid comedy about pretty boys sitting around a hotel room and getting their nails done, while discussing some unbelievable caper.

Reservoir Dogs was more of a crime film, about hardened criminals following a ruthless criminal code, and willing to do anything to get away from being captured. It's movies like Reservoir Dogs, Le Cercle Rouge, The Usual Suspects, etc. why I'll never take a movie like Ocean's Eleven seriously as anything more than just a silly comedic caper.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 01 February 2011 - 07:51 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#58 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:11 PM

Women(usually older): Eww Will Ferrell
Everyone else: Will Ferrell is awesome!

I wanna see your official stats. :sly:

#59 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:44 PM

Everyone has always told me I just have an amazing voice to listen to much like Morgan Freeman. Maybe I will be in a few bad films for you guys some day.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#60 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:03 PM

I wanna see your official stats. :sly:

Posted Image
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users