• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#61 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:31 PM

i guess none of you have ever seen anchorman because that is one of the greatest movies ever made. Will Ferrell is a genius and anyone who cant see this obviously has no sense of humor. Will Ferrell = boss.

I cannot watch that man. Period. I'd say he's dumber than a box of rocks, but rocks do have a place in the world, whereas I'm not so sure about Ferrell. I'd rather have bamboo shoved under my fingernails than watch that moron. You could dig up more talent in a cat box.
Posted Image

#62 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:30 PM

I cannot watch that man. Period. I'd say he's dumber than a box of rocks, but rocks do have a place in the world, whereas I'm not so sure about Ferrell. I'd rather have bamboo shoved under my fingernails than watch that moron. You could dig up more talent in a cat box.

:hysterical: You DO have a way with words.

Posted Image

:lol: I rest my case. BaDum CHHHHHH.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#63 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:41 PM

:hysterical: You DO have a way with words.

That's what I get for loving to read.
Posted Image

#64 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

I don't know how you guys can say any of the Lord of the Rings movies were boring or uninteresting! :scared: Fellowship of the Ring was my favorite movie when I was 9 and I thought Aragorn was incredibly attractive. They were just SO EPIC! The lore and emotion behind them was amazing. I guess you need imagination and an attention span to watch them though. Greatest movies ever made. Hands down.
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#65 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:16 PM

I don't know how you guys can say any of the Lord of the Rings movies were boring or uninteresting! :scared: Fellowship of the Ring was my favorite movie when I was 9 and I thought Aragorn was incredibly attractive. They were just SO EPIC! The lore and emotion behind them was amazing. I guess you need imagination and an attention span to watch them though. Greatest movies ever made. Hands down.

:blink: Why does one have to put others down because they disagree? Never understood that. Never will.

We will all also have somewhere around 180 degrees of disagreement about what the best movies ever made were. And you know what? That's OK too.
My favorites would include (in no special order and for varying reasons, including message, film technique, the time they were made, and special effects): To Kill a Mockingbird, Fantasia, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Citizen Kane, Guns of Navaronne, Wizard of Oz, the first three Star Wars movies, Auntie Mame, Office Space, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (original), 12 Angry Men, Ferris Bueller, all the Harry Potter movies, Enemy at the Gates, Dr. Strangelove, O Brother Where Art Thou, His Girl Friday, American in Paris, Willy Wonka (original), and both 2001 and 2010 movies. Plus the Men in Black movies and Independence Day. And for sheer nuttiness, Galaxy Quest and Big Trouble. And yeah, I know a lot of these date me and do I give a crap? Nada.

Other than that I guess I have no imagination nor an attention span to go with it/them. <_<

Edited by Vladifan, 04 February 2011 - 05:19 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#66 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:25 PM

:blink: Why does one have to put others down because they disagree? Never understood that. Never will.

Hey now I wasn't putting anyone down. I said you need an imagination and attention span. Both are true and neither are insults. To be interested in the fantasy genre you must have an imagination. However that's not to say that those not interested in the genre don't have an imagination. See what I mean? And to sit and watch a 3+ hour long movie you definitely need the attention span. Again, that's not to say that those how can't sit through that long of a movie don't have an attention span. It's saying that if the movie doesn't interest you, you're not going to watch 3 hours of a movie you don't like. I can see how you misconstrued what I meant, but my words were intended to be facts not insults.
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#67 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:31 PM

Hey now I wasn't putting anyone down. I said you need an imagination and attention span. Both are true and neither are insults. To be interested in the fantasy genre you must have an imagination. However that's not to say that those not interested in the genre don't have an imagination. See what I mean? And to sit and watch a 3+ hour long movie you definitely need the attention span. Again, that's not to say that those how can't sit through that long of a movie don't have an attention span. It's saying that if the movie doesn't interest you, you're not going to watch 3 hours of a movie you don't like. I can see how you misconstrued what I meant, but my words were intended to be facts not insults.

OK. Thanks for clearing that up. When you word it this way, I for one, totally agree. :beerbuddy:

#68 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:06 PM

Does tonight's game count as a movie?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#69 Mckinley25

Mckinley25

4th Line Grinder

• Bronze Booster
  • 261 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:53 AM

I have an imagination and an attention span and I hate the 2nd two Lord of the Rings films. Hell, I like Berlin Alexanderplatz, so you know I have an attention span.

I like Elf, as far as Ferrel movies go, everything else is meh...

Reservoir Dogs is severely overrated. So is Ocean's 11.

^all my opinion of course ;)

#70 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:11 PM

I have an imagination and an attention span and I hate the 2nd two Lord of the Rings films. Hell, I like Berlin Alexanderplatz, so you know I have an attention span.

I like Elf, as far as Ferrel movies go, everything else is meh...

Reservoir Dogs is severely overrated. So is Ocean's 11.

^all my opinion of course ;)

Did you watch Berlin Alexanderplatz entirely in one day? If so, that's very impressive.

It's actually a pretty well shot film/TV series, but I never got around to watching the last 7 episodes or so.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#71 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:01 PM

o its ok. now its just official that you have no sense of humor and you hate comedy. I guess having fun and laughing isnt for everyone though. Will can turn most basic part into something hilarious because he has so much talent.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#72 Mckinley25

Mckinley25

4th Line Grinder

• Bronze Booster
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:24 PM

Did you watch Berlin Alexanderplatz entirely in one day? If so, that's very impressive.

It's actually a pretty well shot film/TV series, but I never got around to watching the last 7 episodes or so.

No, I tried, but who's got 15 hours of free time anymore? You missed the best half!!

#73 coldfrenchfries

coldfrenchfries

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:14 AM

I can only recall a few movies that I have ever shut off/walked out on. From what I can remember:

-Bee Movie (even my 4 year old cousin lost interest)
-Anchorman: Legend of Ron Burgundy
-Land of the Lost (newest one)
-Stranger Than Fiction

Ironically, I just realized that 3 of those 4 were Will Ferrell movies. Hm.

#74 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:40 AM

Thank you for reaffirming my own senses. I'm sorry, I love to laugh, but Will Ferrell is not the one who does it for me. Mel Brooks, Monty Python, the Marx Brothers, some of the Coen Brothers movies, I love them. But Will Ferrell makes me turn the channel. I'm sorry, Hossa, but that is the way it is. I do have a sense of humor, honest I do. But not for him.

Vladifan, thanks for mentioning two of my favorites, Ferris Bueller's Day Off and O Brother, Where Art Thou? I remember taking Ferris Bueller to a family party and everyone watching it, looking at their kids and saying, "Don't even THINK of doing this!" And "O Brother" is classic.

Edited by Kira, 07 February 2011 - 09:46 AM.

Posted Image

#75 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:01 PM

All girls that hate Will Ferrel not surprising.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#76 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:49 PM

o its ok. now its just official that you have no sense of humor and you hate comedy. I guess having fun and laughing isnt for everyone though. Will can turn most basic part into something hilarious because he has so much talent.

You're kidding. Right? :blink:

Thank you for reaffirming my own senses. I'm sorry, I love to laugh, but Will Ferrell is not the one who does it for me. Mel Brooks, Monty Python, the Marx Brothers, some of the Coen Brothers movies, I love them. But Will Ferrell makes me turn the channel. I'm sorry, Hossa, but that is the way it is. I do have a sense of humor, honest I do. But not for him.

Vladifan, thanks for mentioning two of my favorites, Ferris Bueller's Day Off and O Brother, Where Art Thou? I remember taking Ferris Bueller to a family party and everyone watching it, looking at their kids and saying, "Don't even THINK of doing this!" And "O Brother" is classic.

I'm definitely relieved that you feel reaffirmed by Hossa's comments. :satisfied: As for O Brother, I LOVE the music too. I seldom listen to the radio in my car, but I love putting that cd in and singing along. Let 'em stare. :cool:

And Ferris is a classic already. Have you seen The Freshman? Also good stuff.

Edited by Vladifan, 07 February 2011 - 10:50 PM.

#77 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:37 AM

"The Freshman" doesn't ring a bell, I am sad to say.

We've been known to use lines out of "O Brother" in public if the right situation arises. It's one of those movies where we pretty much know a lot of the dialog by heart. And the music is perfect. It deserved the Grammy that it got.
Posted Image

#78 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:39 PM

"The Freshman" doesn't ring a bell, I am sad to say.

We've been known to use lines out of "O Brother" in public if the right situation arises. It's one of those movies where we pretty much know a lot of the dialog by heart. And the music is perfect. It deserved the Grammy that it got.

If you do check out "The Freshman", I'd be interested to know how you react to it.

#79 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:05 PM

I'll keep an eye out for it.

And in return I'll recommend one to you. Look for a movie called, "Waking Ned Devine". It's really cute. Set in Ireland, about a winning lottery ticket and what a little village will do to get the money when the real winner has a heart attack and dies upon hearing he's won.
Posted Image

#80 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:12 PM

I'll keep an eye out for it.

And in return I'll recommend one to you. Look for a movie called, "Waking Ned Devine". It's really cute. Set in Ireland, about a winning lottery ticket and what a little village will do to get the money when the real winner has a heart attack and dies upon hearing he's won.

I just said, "Oh God!" out loud when I saw your "Waking Ned Devine". It is a great movie! All the characters are real and have actual depth. And yes, it's funny and loving and honest, all at the same time. There's more than one plot line going on, and there are actually older actors playing the leads. Check the skies!! :lol:

I should have mentioned it in my list of favorites. In fact I'd already decided to order it from Amazon when I get some more sheckels together. THANKS for bringing it up!

There's a waay older one with Alec Guinness that's very funny also. I'll be danged if I can remember the name of it, but I will check it out since we have it in our collection. I am definitely an Anglophile. (sp?!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users