• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

adamic

Is the Islanders GM the dumbest GM in NHL history

Rate this topic

I agree. I understand the rule is there so teams can't hide players, but still...it is retarded. At no point should a player be required to play for a team they don't want to. Only if they signed a contract with that team.

Milbury for this trade alone:

On draft day, 2001, Yashin was sent to the New York Islanders for defenseman Zdeno Chára, forward Bill Muckalt and the second overall draft selection, which the Senators used to draft highly-touted centerman Jason Spezza. Islanders' GM Mike Milbury promptly re-signed Yashin to an enormous 10-year, $87.5 million USD contract.

So Chara and Spezza for Yashin....

Also, millen was a hell of a TE in the NFL, Milbury was far below average in NHL standards.

Edited by Konnan511

Guest Crymson

I would say Garth Snow isn't even the Islanders' worst GM ever, let alone the NHL's worst. Just check out Mike Milbury's tenure with the Islanders.

Here of some of his famous trades...

Milbury was definitely the worst.

Milbury for this trade alone:

On draft day, 2001, Yashin was sent to the New York Islanders for defenseman Zdeno Chára, forward Bill Muckalt and the second overall draft selection, which the Senators used to draft highly-touted centerman Jason Spezza. Islanders' GM Mike Milbury promptly re-signed Yashin to an enormous 10-year, $87.5 million USD contract.

So Chara and Spezza for Yashin....

Yeah, and they're still paying Yashin. What a hoot.

...just a question about "pushing" his contract. If this happens, and he asks for a trade in the off season, does he still get exposed to waivers or can Snow trade him outright? If this is the case, then this is a great move by Holland, because if Snow trades him to the Wings, the Wings get Nabokov for a full season at $570,000 instead of three months. He would just have to convince Lids and Modo to hang around for "JUST ONE MORE" try! Of course we may lose Hudler in the deal...DARN! :P

no the problem is again he signed with the wings..not with the isle. im sure if some how you were in that spot you would be pissed as well. signing with the best team in the league then being claimed by the worse. its a stupid rule of the cba and you know it is. if you say its not then you are lying. he signed a legal contract with a team. then because of some stupid rule that shouldn't be there in the first place he gets claimed by a team that he has no desire to go to.

You make it sound like it came as a surprise to him. He knew there was virtually no chance he wouldn't get claimed. His own agent said Nabby just wanted to play in the NHL.

It may be a stupid rule but everyone involved knew this would happen. If he didn't want to go through waivers he shouldn't have signed.

...just a question about "pushing" his contract. If this happens, and he asks for a trade in the off season, does he still get exposed to waivers or can Snow trade him outright? If this is the case, then this is a great move by Holland, because if Snow trades him to the Wings, the Wings get Nabokov for a full season at $570,000 instead of three months. He would just have to convince Lids and Modo to hang around for "JUST ONE MORE" try! Of course we may lose Hudler in the deal...DARN! :P

I would assume once July 1st hits he wouldn't have to clear waivers if his contract is indeed toll'd

You make it sound like it came as a surprise to him. He knew there was virtually no chance he wouldn't get claimed. His own agent said Nabby just wanted to play in the NHL.

It may be a stupid rule but everyone involved knew this would happen. If he didn't want to go through waivers he shouldn't have signed.

But no one, or at least not very many people thought a cellar dweller with a true number one goalie would pick him off waivers.

and he also said that he wanted a chance to compete in the playoffs..what happened there? yea im 35..i want to waste my time playing with the isle that have no chance in making it to the playoffs this year and probably next year and the year after for $250k or what ever it was prorated at. would you? and don't say rules are rules...yes they are..doesn't mean he has to play. im glad he's sitting out. good for him. you mean to tell me that didn't think this would happen?