• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nate94gt

Datsyuk Taken off IR, Emmerton and Mursak sent back to GR

Rate this topic

good news!!!

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/01/red_wings_send_jan_mursak_cory.html

DETROIT -- The Detroit Red Wings today reassigned forwards Jan Mursak and Cory Emmerton to the Grand Rapids Griffins.

They are expected to be in the Griffins' lineup Friday when they host Rockford.

The Red Wings anticipate having Pavel Datsyuk and Danny Cleary back in the lineup Wednesday at Ottawa, the first game after the all-star break. If one or both aren't ready to play, the club can recall Mursak and Emmerton.

Mursak, who turned 23 on Jan. 20, had one goal and averaged 8:30 in ice time over 14 games with Detroit since his Dec. 27 recall. He became just the second Slovenian-born player to play in the NHL (the other is the Los Angeles Kings’ Anze Kopitar).

Emmerton, 22, made his NHL debut and scored the Wings’ lone goal during their 4-1 loss to Chicago last Saturday.

Ya im happy with how they played as well. I didnt know much about either of them before recently and I had heard alot of hype about mursak. Glad to see hes living up to the hype. And damn that kid has some wheels.

Now its time for the real red wings to take the ice!

Yeah, this was expected. I think all both played at the level of expectations. Actually, Mursak probably surpassed the that was expected of him. He definitely fit in and made the first step in making his case for a full time roster spot next season.

Didn't really see enough of Emmerton to judge, but he didn't commit any obvious blunders and got his goal, even if it was a squeaker.

Mursak is FAST. Like... REALLY FAST. I love what I'm seeing from him so far, and can't wait for him to continue to develop. Like others have said, I hope he becomes like Helm but with hands and a shot.

The bigger news here is that Pavs and Cleary are going to be back! Good job Wings, staying afloat despite the injuries. :thumbup:

Guest CaliWingsNut

Odd move to me. Seems early.

Why would this happen if not playing until the 2nd? Do they automatically get taken off once cleared by medical personnel?

Odd move to me. Seems early.

Why would this happen if not playing until the 2nd? Do they automatically get taken off once cleared by medical personnel?

i think it has to do with minimum roster size. With Dats, Cleary, modano, stuart and osgood on IR, we have only 19 players after Mursak and Emmerton got sent down to GR today. we need 20 players on the roster at any time during the season, so pavs is off IR to meet this 20 player requirement.

Edited by jeff48109

i think it has to do with minimum roster size. With Dats, Cleary, modano, stuart and osgood on IR, we have only 19 players after Mursak and Emmerton got sent down to GR today. we need 20 players on the roster at any time during the season, so pavs is off IR to meet this 20 player requirement.

I think that only has to deal with the day of a game.