• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mmamolo

Semin re-signs 1 yr $6.7M

Rate this topic

Odd signing... maybe they just didn't want to have to deal with an extension this year, as they basically just extended his current deal... that 700k extra almost strikes me as a "we're not sure if this is a long term fit, but aren't sure yet - so take a slight raise and we'll figure this out next year"

Kind of surprising considering how much heat he took for the last two playoff eliminations. He didn't score a single goal against the Pens in '09 and again last year against the Habs. I would think they would want to see if he can do something in the playoffs before offering a deal like that.

Kind of surprising considering how much heat he took for the last two playoff eliminations. He didn't score a single goal against the Pens in '09 and again last year against the Habs. I would think they would want to see if he can do something in the playoffs before offering a deal like that.

Pretty much, although the same stuff was said about Datsyuk for many years.

He's had some bad playoffs here in Detroit to say the least.

hes good but not 7 million dollars good

On a one year deal? He's definitely that good.

Sounds like he wants out of there, why else sign just a one year deal? Caps must be going for broke next year I guess.

He signed a one-year deal last time too, he's said he's more comfortable with it and the WSH GM says he'll sign him to one-year deals for the rest of his career.

Not a bad deal for one year, especially considering how thin the UFA forwards are this year. If he'd have hit the market someone might have been desperate enough to throw $7.5-8 at him.

This is definitely true. Think of how many teams could use a high scoring first line winger. I guarentee you if BRad Richards wanted another big pay day he could go on the open market this summer and go to the highest bidder because there are no other top tier UFA centreman. Essentially the same deal with Semin