• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 maravig

maravig

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:39 AM

Hello,
I'm trying to find some old games. I'm putting together a compilation of favorites, other than the ones on the Celebration DVD set. For example, game 2 of the 98 SC finals against the Caps. Anyone else ever try this?

Thanks,
Jeff

#2 beez35

beez35

Alex #37

• Gold Booster
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:40 AM

I'd be interested in this also if anyone knows where we can get hold of them?

Posted Image

#3 Detroit40oz

Detroit40oz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:32 AM

are you looking for VHS tapes?

i've got about 40 vhs tapes me and my mom recorded of games through 96-99.

mostly all PASS sports and UPN50 broadcasts.

#4 beez35

beez35

Alex #37

• Gold Booster
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:38 AM

are you looking for VHS tapes?

Digital if possible would be great, but anything at this point would be good!

Posted Image

#5 Detroit40oz

Detroit40oz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

Digital if possible would be great, but anything at this point would be good!

Well yeah for sure, i'd like to get alot of those old games in digital form too.

Whats available in the nhl vault is awesome, but digital would be nice.

I've been meaning to transfer some of my old tapes to digital for awhile but have yet to get the hardware to do it.

I'll go through everything I have and make a list if you're interested.

I was pretty good about not taping 2 games to a blank tape, but i think a few of the early round playoff games are two to a tape, which might make for s*** quality.

#6 NGKEIB

NGKEIB

eltit rebmem motsuC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

You can download some old games from nhltorrents.co.uk. For instance, I know that they have game 4 of the 1998 finals.

Better than nothing. It would be great to have more though (digitalize your tapes!).
"Summa pia gratia nostra conservando corpora et custodita, de gente fera Normannica nos libera, quae nostra vastat, Deus, regna."

#7 fights

fights

Prospect

• 32 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:26 PM

There are some tape trading forums out there, i have seen them tapes offered for trade in the subforums of gameworn.net, hockey-fights.com and hockey-fights.com. Maybe someone there has what you are looking for or can point you to a good trading ring.

Edited by fights, 29 January 2011 - 05:47 PM.

#8 maravig

maravig

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

I know you can transfer VHS Tapes at Costco. I had one done recently. I don't have any old NHL tapes. The only one I had was a 2.5 hour hockey fights compilation I had moved over to DVD. I'll try that torrent site. @Detroit40oz, If you could make a list of what you have, I would be very interested ;-)

Jeff

#9 fights

fights

Prospect

• 32 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:03 PM

I know you can transfer VHS Tapes at Costco. I had one done recently. I don't have any old NHL tapes. The only one I had was a 2.5 hour hockey fights compilation I had moved over to DVD. I'll try that torrent site. @Detroit40oz, If you could make a list of what you have, I would be very interested ;-)

Jeff

I have dvd/vhs recorder, so i have trasnferred most of my stuff to dvd already. Send me your email i will send you a list, its much to long to post here.

#10 maravig

maravig

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:25 PM

I have dvd/vhs recorder, so i have trasnferred most of my stuff to dvd already. Send me your email i will send you a list, its much to long to post here.

I tried to email you direct, but it wouldn't let me. Mine is maravig@hotmail.com. Thanks!!
Jeff

#11 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

Jeff

It is illegal for them to provide you with a DVD reproduction of your VHS recording of an NHL broadcast or any collection of clips thereof; so whatever Costco location that did it is actually breaking the law in making that reproduction.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#12 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:13 PM

If anyone wants to send me old vhs's i can transfer them to digital, I'll pay for shipping here and back. Also, does anyone know where to find the complete scf series in 08, nhltorrents doesn't have them all. I'm looking for all the playoff games from that year.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#13 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:43 PM

no one?
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter