• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Konnan511

NHL Overtime

Rate this topic

Just got done watching the NHL Overtiime program before the Skills competition and the Panel selected Detroit to play in the Stanley Cup finals, but they were split on whether we'd face the Bruins or Flyers. In either case, they picked Detroit to lose.

Red Wings getting some Stanley Cup run love. I guess we don't need to toughen up ph34r.gif

So what do you guy think, are we making the Stanley Cup? Who do you think we'd face?

One of them predicted Vanc out of the east. But 3 of 4 gave us the vote.

We certainly have a good chance to make it, but alas, strange things can happen in the playoffs, so you never know. I do tend to agree about Philly making it though, they are just so stacked at every position. I don't see the Bruins making it all the way, you can't simply rely on goaltending for every game, and Thomas will probably get a little burned out by the spring.

A Detroit vs. Vancouver conference final would be a lot of fun to watch.

A Detroit vs. Vancouver conference final would be a lot of fun to watch.

I'm actually hoping that this ends up being the case. I can't think of another team in the West that would be as exciting to watch the Wings face.

As for the Stanley Cup finals thing, I think the Wings definitely have a shot at it... but they MUST tighten up defense before any hope of that happening can come to fruition.

Edited by Selliria

I don't trust the goaltending of Boucher and Bob. The rumor is, the Flyers are going to be relying heavily on Bob down the stretch and I don't think the rookie will be able to take it in the playoffs.

They made it last year, and with much worse goaltending than they have this year. Even if Bob struggles, I still think they'll be able to do well.