• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest CaliWingsNut

NHLPA/CBC Player Poll Results

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

Link to the actual Poll w/ runner-ups, etc.

What team would you least like to play on?
, 27%

What rink has the worst ice?
BankAtlantic Center, Sunrise, Fla. (
) 20%

What team would you most like to play on?
, 14%

What rink has the best ice?
Rexall Place (
), 37%

What is your favourite rink to play in?
Bell Centre (
), 40%

Which current assistant coach should be the next head coach?
Kirk Muller (Canadiens), 9%

Which coach demands the most of his players?
John Tortorella,
, 28%

Which coach is the easiest to play for?
Bruce Boudreau,
, 21%

Which coach would you most like to play for?
Dan Bylsma,
, 21%

Which coach would you least like to play for?
Ron Wilson,
, 21%

Should the instigator rule be abolished?
No, 66%

Which Canadian city deserves an NHL franchise - Quebec City, Hamilton, Toronto or Winnipeg?
Quebec City, 53%

Should fighting be banished from the NHL?
No, 98%

Which rink has the worst boards/glass?
Joe Louis Arena (Detroit Red Wings), 12%

Who is the toughest forward to play against?
, Pittsburgh Penguins, 29%

Who is the best referee?
None, 15%

Which team is underrated?
, 18%

Which team is overrated?
Washington Capitals, 35%

Which active player would you select to start a franchise?
Sidney Crosby, Penguins, 69%

Who is the cleanest player?
, Detroit Red Wings, 28%

Who is the most underrated player?
, Dallas Stats, 5.4%

Which active player is the best role model?
Sidney Crosby, Penguins, 26%

For skaters only: Which goalie is the most difficult to score on?
, 17%

For goalies only: Which player is the most difficult to stop?
, Capitals, 27%

Who is the toughest to play against?
Sidney Crosby, Penguins, 29%

Who is the hardest to take the puck off of?
Pavel Datsuyk, Red Wings, 36%

Who is the smartest player?
Sidney Crosby, Penguins, 29%

Who is the toughest player?
, New York Rangers, 23%

Who is the best skater?
, New York Rangers, 26%

Who is the league's fastest skater?
Marian Gaborik, Rangers, 37%

Who has the hardest shot?
, 44%

I find it hilarious they think the Detroit boards are worst.

I also find it odd that Sidney's the hardest player to play against, but more players think that Datsyuk is harder to strip the puck from.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Was just about to post this. Great to see so much respect for Datsyuk. He was 1st or 2nd in several categories, and still he was apparently voted the 7th most underrated player as well.

Lids gets a lot of recognition also. Sure the boards in the Joe were voted the worst, but the arena, the ice and most importantly the TEAM gets a lot of cred from the players.

I find it hilarious they think the Detroit boards are worst.[/Quote]

Probably from all the media calling them the most "active" in the NHL. On TV, I have seen other boards/glass bounces be just as strange. It is just that the Wings are smart to use it to their advantage.

I love the "which city deserves an NHL franchise" question. lol

Edit; I actually looked at the poll. I didn;t realize it was a "second team" I thought they were just cracking on Toronto reading the first post here.

Edited by sleepwalker

The people in favor of the instigator rule are either non-fighters, or pests who are afraid of being beaten the hell up. Makes sense.

Surprised about Crosby being a great role model and everyone wanting to play for Dan Bylsma. Also, I think it's interesting how Washington and Boudreau have this soft and easy reputation around the league.

The people in favor of the instigator rule are either non-fighters, or pests who are afraid of being beaten the hell up. Makes sense.

Surprised about Crosby being a great role model and everyone wanting to play for Dan Bylsma. Also, I think it's interesting how Washington and Boudreau have this soft and easy reputation around the league.

I find it interesting that people want to play on the Wings but play for Bylsma. What does that say about Babs?

Guest CaliWingsNut

I find it interesting that people want to play on the Wings but play for Bylsma. What does that say about Babs?

Babcock came in second w/ 18%

Why? He's a great passionate young coach who expects a lot from his players. HBO's 24/7 only reaffirmed that.

Also, make sure you (not you GMR) click on the link and check out who came in second and stuff, a lot of Wing love!

What team would you least like to play on?
, 27%

What team would you most like to play on?
, 14%

For a second there I thought the only player they must have asked was Nabokov..
:ph34r:

EDIT: And I would also like to know who the 2% of players were that thought fighting should be banished.. Might be an interesting conversation if we had the names..
Edited by GSBrooks13

Guest CaliWingsNut

Who is the best referee? None, 15%

:hysterical:

I liked that one too.

Of course everyone wants to play for the Wings. We treat our players well, respect them, and have the best management/ownership in the league. Now THAT is real point of pride.

It couldn't be said better.

The only one that really surprises me is that Lidstrom didn't win smartest player. He's a top 5 d-man all time, his most talked about asset in relevance to his awesomeness is his hockey smarts/anticipation, and yet he doesn't take that category? Either he was overlooked since he's in his career's twilight or that says a lot about Crosby.

Should the instigator rule be abolished? No, 66%

This needs its own thread so this one doesn't get swamped by a single topic discussion debate argument pointless squabble.

Not a surprise to see Datsyuk voted as the most difficult to take the puck off of :thumbup: As far as the hardest shot, I have to think Adrian Aucoin is right behind Chara.

Or Weber. He was pretty close in the All Stars comp. I think 104.8 or so?

Of course they hate our boards. We know how to utilize them to their best advantage, and we use them to hurt the other teams. They're just jealous that they don't know the secret to them.

Not a surprise to see Datsyuk voted as the most difficult to take the puck off of :thumbup:As far as the hardest shot, I have to think Adrian Aucoin is right behind Chara.

Chara had 44% of the vote, Weber has 41%, doesn't leave much for the rest of the league.

As far as the few wondering about Lidstrom not being the smartest, he was #3 behind Crosby and Dats.