• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:40 PM

suter or weber would be a mild replacement to lids, both of them would easily be out #1 if eh left I would take them at a high cost
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#22 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:56 PM

"He's obviously very special," said Weber, who had four assists and a strong case for the game's MVP, of Lidstrom. "He's one of the best defenseman, if not one of the best ever to play the game. It's definitely something I'll never forget. I watched him growing up and just being able to play in game with him is pretty cool."

The combination of Weber and Lidstrom was the latter's idea. Coach Peter Laviolette left it up to the 40-year-old Lidstrom to choose his partner before the game, and he went with the 25-year-old Weber.

"I talked to Peter before the game and he asked me if I had any requests and I said it'd be fun to play with Weber," Lidstrom said. "I just think he's a great young player. I think he's just going to get better and better. He's a great player as it is now.

"He's a division rival and you play against him so many times and I really like the way he plays, so I wanted to play with him and have a chance to play with a big guy like that."

http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

#23 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:11 AM

I'd love Weber on this team, doubt its possible, but you never know.

He owes us anyway, for what he did to Lilja.
Posted Image

#24 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:26 AM

I was thinking about this earlier. Suter just turned 26, and in 39 games he has 22 points and is +17. Isn't he unrestricted after this year?

UFA after next year.

Weber is an RFA after this year, FWIW. I don't see Nashville letting him walk, and if he did, it would cost us too much to sign him.

Suter is a reasonable goal, though, as Nashville will have to re-sign Kostitsyn and a few other guys (Kostitsyn is due a pay raise for this next year).

Unless Nashville's ownership wants to go up to the cap, they likely won't be re-signing Suter unless he doesn't warrant a pay raise or unless he wants to stay in Nashville.

#25 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:38 AM

UFA after next year.

Weber is an RFA after this year, FWIW. I don't see Nashville letting him walk, and if he did, it would cost us too much to sign him.

Suter is a reasonable goal, though, as Nashville will have to re-sign Kostitsyn and a few other guys (Kostitsyn is due a pay raise for this next year).

Unless Nashville's ownership wants to go up to the cap, they likely won't be re-signing Suter unless he doesn't warrant a pay raise or unless he wants to stay in Nashville.

Well with Suter locked up for next year, it doesn't help us out this summer, in the event Lidstrom retires (which I think he will, unfortunately). I'm pretty sure next year is Rafalski's last year of his contract, so maybe we can put Suter in Rafalski's spot after next year. As fpr this summer, what's Tim Gleasons contract status in Carolina? Is he a free agent this summer?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#26 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:00 AM

Well with Suter locked up for next year, it doesn't help us out this summer, in the event Lidstrom retires (which I think he will, unfortunately). I'm pretty sure next year is Rafalski's last year of his contract, so maybe we can put Suter in Rafalski's spot after next year. As fpr this summer, what's Tim Gleasons contract status in Carolina? Is he a free agent this summer?

Next summer.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#27 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:01 AM

Next summer.

Ugh. Maybe Kevin Bieksa will have to do?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#28 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:30 AM

Ugh. Maybe Kevin Bieksa will have to do?

Bieksa is overrated, do not want
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#29 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:41 AM

Bieksa is overrated, do not want

That's weird...I actually agree with you.

Gleason isn't a bad idea for a 4th/5th D Man. plus he's a good ole' Michigan boy. Well i guess if Lidstorm retires this summer Gleason would be 4th Dman with Rafalski/Kronwall/Stuart infront of him and with a break out season from Kindl next season, Gleason could get pushed to third pairing/1st PK.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#30 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:10 AM

I doubt they would either, but if he didn't want to be there anymore then they wouldn't have much choice.

There is no reason to move Ericsson unless you were to replace him with Weber ;)

Seriously though, you forget Kindl.

In the extremely hypothetical event that Lidstrom retires, Weber joins the team, and Salei is not re-signed, the team will have six defensemen.

#31 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:12 AM

I really don't think Lidstrom will retire. He's having a great year, says he's having a lot of fun, and he obviously isn't slowing down much (if at all) based on his consideration for the Norris.

I honestly think Rafalski will retire before Lidstrom.

#32 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:16 AM

I really don't think Lidstrom will retire. He's having a great year, says he's having a lot of fun, and he obviously isn't slowing down much (if at all) based on his consideration for the Norris.

I honestly think Rafalski will retire before Lidstrom.

Why is that? Just curious since you didn't explain it at all.

Rafalski's point totals since being in Detroit: 55,59,42, 54(projected).

He's definitely not slowing down, he's nearly a PPG player this season and having another great +/- season.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#33 ricky0034

ricky0034

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:34 AM

Weber isn't going anywhere

anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional

#34 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:27 AM

Weber isn't going anywhere

anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional

Stranger things have happened.

It's a pipe-dream to be sure, but until he's on the long-term contract anything is possible.

#35 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:10 AM

Why not steal both Weber and Suter? Heh heh.

Lidstrom-Weber
Suter-Rafalski
Kronwall-Stuart

#36 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:52 AM

Why not steal both Weber and Suter? Heh heh.

Lidstrom-Weber
Suter-Rafalski
Kronwall-Stuart

I just fell off my chair
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#37 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:40 AM

I thought I read somewhere that Weber wants to play for a bigger hockey market. Maybe Burke will make one of those amazing offers and pay him like 9 million.

#38 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:55 AM

weber is not leaving nashville for detroit.

set your sights on suter next year.

Edited by stinky fish taco, 31 January 2011 - 09:55 AM.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#39 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:59 AM

Weber spoke very highly of Nick after the game and found himself "watching him" to many times while playing. So if he signs a one yr deal with Nashville and then becomes a ufa the following season how can the wings afford him? He could demand 6+ easily per year,
"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain

#40 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:22 AM

Weber is one hell of a player, but there is about .00000000000000000000000001% chance of him wearing the red and white anytime soon... it's a fun thought, but lets stay realistic here

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.