• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Weber and the Wings

Rate this topic

Well with Suter locked up for next year, it doesn't help us out this summer, in the event Lidstrom retires (which I think he will, unfortunately). I'm pretty sure next year is Rafalski's last year of his contract, so maybe we can put Suter in Rafalski's spot after next year. As fpr this summer, what's Tim Gleasons contract status in Carolina? Is he a free agent this summer?

Next summer.

Bieksa is overrated, do not want

That's weird...I actually agree with you.

Gleason isn't a bad idea for a 4th/5th D Man. plus he's a good ole' Michigan boy. Well i guess if Lidstorm retires this summer Gleason would be 4th Dman with Rafalski/Kronwall/Stuart infront of him and with a break out season from Kindl next season, Gleason could get pushed to third pairing/1st PK.

Guest Crymson

I doubt they would either, but if he didn't want to be there anymore then they wouldn't have much choice.

There is no reason to move Ericsson unless you were to replace him with Weber ;)

Seriously though, you forget Kindl.

In the extremely hypothetical event that Lidstrom retires, Weber joins the team, and Salei is not re-signed, the team will have six defensemen.

Well with Suter locked up for next year, it doesn't help us out this summer, in the event Lidstrom retires (which I think he will, unfortunately). I'm pretty sure next year is Rafalski's last year of his contract, so maybe we can put Suter in Rafalski's spot after next year. As fpr this summer, what's Tim Gleasons contract status in Carolina? Is he a free agent this summer?

I really don't think Lidstrom will retire. He's having a great year, says he's having a lot of fun, and he obviously isn't slowing down much (if at all) based on his consideration for the Norris.

I honestly think Rafalski will retire before Lidstrom.

I really don't think Lidstrom will retire. He's having a great year, says he's having a lot of fun, and he obviously isn't slowing down much (if at all) based on his consideration for the Norris.

I honestly think Rafalski will retire before Lidstrom.

Why is that? Just curious since you didn't explain it at all.

Rafalski's point totals since being in Detroit: 55,59,42, 54(projected).

He's definitely not slowing down, he's nearly a PPG player this season and having another great +/- season.

Weber isn't going anywhere

anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional

Stranger things have happened.

It's a pipe-dream to be sure, but until he's on the long-term contract anything is possible.

Guest stinky fish taco

weber is not leaving nashville for detroit.

set your sights on suter next year.

Edited by stinky fish taco

Weber spoke very highly of Nick after the game and found himself "watching him" to many times while playing. So if he signs a one yr deal with Nashville and then becomes a ufa the following season how can the wings afford him? He could demand 6+ easily per year,

The only way we would catch him is if there were enough UFA/RFA's coming off the books this off-season, but there really aren't. Even with Nashville's self-imposed cap, they're going to have plenty of room to sign Shea to a hefty contract.

Of course, he could just sign a one-year deal... and then next off-season... ooh :hehe:

Weber is one hell of a player, but there is about .00000000000000000000000001% chance of him wearing the red and white anytime soon... it's a fun thought, but lets stay realistic here

i definately wouldn't say theyre that low. nashville could change their colors to red and white.

Why replace him with Weber? Have Weber teach him to use that slapper of his more often and have 2 guys dropping 100+ mph bombs from the point.

+ more than 1! that would be pretty lethal not knowing which beast is gonna unleash the boomer from the point. i really hope the wings throw an offer sheet at weber. lids picked him first cause Mr. Norris himself knows that Weber belongs in Norris talks even without putting up 60 points. he's invaluable to Nashville, but for 2 1st rounders and a 2nd, Weber's definately worth it. the wings have a ton of really good prospects right now anyways.

+ more than 1! that would be pretty lethal not knowing which beast is gonna unleash the boomer from the point. i really hope the wings throw an offer sheet at weber. lids picked him first cause Mr. Norris himself knows that Weber belongs in Norris talks even without putting up 60 points. he's invaluable to Nashville, but for 2 1st rounders and a 2nd, Weber's definately worth it. the wings have a ton of really good prospects right now anyways.

I think it's 3 1sts for the offer it'd take to get him.

I think it's 3 1sts for the offer it'd take to get him.

Per the new CBA, if you sign a RFA player to a deal worth 6.4ish million+ it's actually four 1st round picks, a pint of virgin blood, and a vial of children's tears

Edited by stevkrause

Per the new CBA, if you sign a RFA player to a deal worth 6.4ish million+ it's actually four 1st round picks, a pint of virgin blood, and a vial of children's tears

laugh.giflaugh.gif

A player like Weber is something that I would throw all you could to get him. He is just a powerful force out there and can basically blast the puck through the net. But all this sounding lovely in the NHL 11 world, it just won't happen. Brent Burns is legit, and I would even think that Suter, Jack Johnson (although just got secured by LA), or a Matt Carle in Philly could be a solid fit here. With Smith coming in the next few years and getting one of the younger, dare I say, tougher defenseman in the league, the future could be quite bright.

While it might seem steep, I'd be willing to cough up the four 1st rounders. I don't foresee the team being bad enough in the next little while to get anyone close to as good as Weber. We've got enough depth to ride it out, and there's always the FA market as an option for Detroit. They're a very desirable team to play for, so it wouldn't be as big of an issue like it is with other markets.

I still think it'll be near impossible to put up enough money to get Nashville not to match it, though. Our best shot is if he were to sign a shorter term deal in hopes of going to a bigger market after it's done.

While it might seem steep, I'd be willing to cough up the four 1st rounders. I don't foresee the team being bad enough in the next little while to get anyone close to as good as Weber. We've got enough depth to ride it out, and there's always the FA market as an option for Detroit. They're a very desirable team to play for, so it wouldn't be as big of an issue like it is with other markets.

I still think it'll be near impossible to put up enough money to get Nashville not to match it, though. Our best shot is if he were to sign a shorter term deal in hopes of going to a bigger market after it's done.

If they REALLY wanted him, they'd be smarter to trade for him before his rights expire and it would likely cost them less than four 1st round picks and/or 6.5m+ and they could negotiate a deal based off of his stay from the deadline period on, after he's already had a taste of the franchise, plus they'd get him for a playoff run as well... with that said, I still see there being a slim to no chance of him EVER ending up here