• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:58 AM

The only way we would catch him is if there were enough UFA/RFA's coming off the books this off-season, but there really aren't. Even with Nashville's self-imposed cap, they're going to have plenty of room to sign Shea to a hefty contract.

Of course, he could just sign a one-year deal... and then next off-season... ooh :hehe:

#42 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

Another one of my pipe dreams is Brent Burns, absolutely love how he plays the position, he'll be a UFA after next year I believe as well(might be wrong).

#43 X13WINGS13X

X13WINGS13X

#!*% Lebron, Lidstrom is the king.

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:36 PM

Weber is one hell of a player, but there is about .00000000000000000000000001% chance of him wearing the red and white anytime soon... it's a fun thought, but lets stay realistic here

i definately wouldn't say theyre that low. nashville could change their colors to red and white.

#44 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:39 PM

Why replace him with Weber? Have Weber teach him to use that slapper of his more often and have 2 guys dropping 100+ mph bombs from the point.

+ more than 1! that would be pretty lethal not knowing which beast is gonna unleash the boomer from the point. i really hope the wings throw an offer sheet at weber. lids picked him first cause Mr. Norris himself knows that Weber belongs in Norris talks even without putting up 60 points. he's invaluable to Nashville, but for 2 1st rounders and a 2nd, Weber's definately worth it. the wings have a ton of really good prospects right now anyways.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#45 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:06 PM

+ more than 1! that would be pretty lethal not knowing which beast is gonna unleash the boomer from the point. i really hope the wings throw an offer sheet at weber. lids picked him first cause Mr. Norris himself knows that Weber belongs in Norris talks even without putting up 60 points. he's invaluable to Nashville, but for 2 1st rounders and a 2nd, Weber's definately worth it. the wings have a ton of really good prospects right now anyways.

I think it's 3 1sts for the offer it'd take to get him.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#46 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:13 PM

Another one of my pipe dreams is Brent Burns, absolutely love how he plays the position, he'll be a UFA after next year I believe as well(might be wrong).

I don't agree with you often, but you're dead on with this one...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#47 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:27 PM

Per the new CBA, if you sign a RFA player to a deal worth 6.4ish million+ it's actually four 1st round picks, a pint of virgin blood, and a vial of children's tears

Edited by stevkrause, 31 January 2011 - 02:28 PM.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#48 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:38 PM

Per the new CBA, if you sign a RFA player to a deal worth 6.4ish million+ it's actually four 1st round picks, a pint of virgin blood, and a vial of children's tears

Posted ImagePosted Image

A player like Weber is something that I would throw all you could to get him. He is just a powerful force out there and can basically blast the puck through the net. But all this sounding lovely in the NHL 11 world, it just won't happen. Brent Burns is legit, and I would even think that Suter, Jack Johnson (although just got secured by LA), or a Matt Carle in Philly could be a solid fit here. With Smith coming in the next few years and getting one of the younger, dare I say, tougher defenseman in the league, the future could be quite bright.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#49 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

While it might seem steep, I'd be willing to cough up the four 1st rounders. I don't foresee the team being bad enough in the next little while to get anyone close to as good as Weber. We've got enough depth to ride it out, and there's always the FA market as an option for Detroit. They're a very desirable team to play for, so it wouldn't be as big of an issue like it is with other markets.

I still think it'll be near impossible to put up enough money to get Nashville not to match it, though. Our best shot is if he were to sign a shorter term deal in hopes of going to a bigger market after it's done.

#50 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:03 PM

While it might seem steep, I'd be willing to cough up the four 1st rounders. I don't foresee the team being bad enough in the next little while to get anyone close to as good as Weber. We've got enough depth to ride it out, and there's always the FA market as an option for Detroit. They're a very desirable team to play for, so it wouldn't be as big of an issue like it is with other markets.

I still think it'll be near impossible to put up enough money to get Nashville not to match it, though. Our best shot is if he were to sign a shorter term deal in hopes of going to a bigger market after it's done.

If they REALLY wanted him, they'd be smarter to trade for him before his rights expire and it would likely cost them less than four 1st round picks and/or 6.5m+ and they could negotiate a deal based off of his stay from the deadline period on, after he's already had a taste of the franchise, plus they'd get him for a playoff run as well... with that said, I still see there being a slim to no chance of him EVER ending up here

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#51 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:23 PM

I really couldn't see the Preds getting rid of Weber. He's also there leading scorer if im not mistaken
IPB Image

#52 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,735 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

I don't see Nashville ever trading him to a division rival, especially the Wings. If he became a UFA maybe then Detroit would have a shot at him but we will never see him play with Lidstrom before Lids retires.

this is both a reply to you and the OP. Maybe Lidstrom is thinking about possibly signing in Nashville next season, then we'll see him play with Weber! That would be the easiest way to get them together! :ninja:

(I joke, I joke!)

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#53 Earthhuman

Earthhuman

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:38 PM

I really don't think Lidstrom will retire. He's having a great year, says he's having a lot of fun, and he obviously isn't slowing down much (if at all) based on his consideration for the Norris.

I honestly think Rafalski will retire before Lidstrom.

To me he seems to be finishing on a strong note. Maybe the post-season will choose for him.

#54 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

You are correct. Let's hope Lids signs for one more year after this year and Weber only signs for 1 year with Nash as a RFA. Then if Lids retires we'll be able to go after Weber or Burns mmm.

Posted Image

#55 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:16 PM

The summer of 2012 could be very interesting for the Wings defense.

Rafi, Stu, and Kronner all UFA. Wideman, Burns, Suter, Boychuk, Carle, Liles, and maybe a few I overlooked UFA that year, plus any UFAs/RFAs this summer that might sign one year deals. Plus a new CBA. Lebda. :ph34r:

Could see a real facelift on D for '12-'13.

#56 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

Wideman, Burns, Suter, Boychuk, Carle

Yes to all of these Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#57 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:03 AM

So next time the wings play the pens they just need Howie to fight Crosby and the Wings will be set.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#58 X13WINGS13X

X13WINGS13X

#!*% Lebron, Lidstrom is the king.

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:16 PM

I don't know. This does look really nice.

http://img812.images...1/sheaweber.png

#59 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:15 PM

Why replace him with Weber? Have Weber teach him to use that slapper of his more often and have 2 guys dropping 100+ mph bombs from the point.

Not so much to replace, just that salary would have to be cleared. He makes a decent amount for what his value is, plus he could be resigned later.

In the extremely hypothetical event that Lidstrom retires, Weber joins the team, and Salei is not re-signed, the team will have six defensemen.

I look at it as more of to join Lidstrom via trade. Salei is not resigned and even if we had to get rid of Kindl or Ericsson we would have Smith available. Nifty way to get three right handed shots.

I would even consider three firsts a couple of seconds and maybe a prospect or two.

I still think Cory Emmerton should be moved now because of lack of room, and Hudler could be valuable enough that the two of them combined with enough draft picks would make Nashville trade in the division.

If I ran the team and I thought for a second that I couldn't sign Weber, and a team in my division was offering up basically 2 firsts a 60 point player and a first round prospect I would have to consider it. If they threw in Ericsson and one second the deal would be done.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#60 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:29 PM

I don't know. This does look really nice.

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/5651/sheaweber.png

#6 is out of circulation