• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

Per the new CBA, if you sign a RFA player to a deal worth 6.4ish million+ it's actually four 1st round picks, a pint of virgin blood, and a vial of children's tears

Damn. I'd read you needed a half pint of mare's sweat too. Well, then it ain't all bad. :lookaround:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#62 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:00 PM

I read this thread because it's a dream that will never come true...but the fantasy keeps me compelled. No way Nashville lets Weber get away. He's their "Lidstrom" = untouchable.

I too like Brent Burns. He's always a beast when we play Minni.

Edited by Heaten, 04 February 2011 - 05:01 PM.

#63 RedFX

RedFX

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:09 PM

Kinda echoing what everyone else said...But down here, Weber is the face of the franchise right now. Nashville won't trade him, and they will more than likely match any offer that comes there way across the RFA line.

But he would be amazing as a Wing
-15-
Posted Image
"I don't like to be the pony. I like to be on top." -Pavel Datsyuk

#64 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,591 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:14 PM

PLUS, they have over $24M avail in cap space in the off season, with nobody else to sign that is more important to them then Weber. Look for a lifetime contract with Rafalski/Lidstrom type $$$. Then Suter is an UFA the next off season, with tons of cash to spend. Those two are in Nashville to stay! (unless they want out for some reason, that could happen.)

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#65 RedFX

RedFX

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:18 PM

PLUS, they have over $24M avail in cap space in the off season, with nobody else to sign that is more important to them then Weber. Look for a lifetime contract with Rafalski/Lidstrom type $$. Then Suter is an UFA the next off season, with tons of cash to spend. Those two are in Nashville to stay! (unless they want out for some reason, that could happen.)

Believe it or not, Suter isn't exactly a guarantee to stay with the Preds. Friedman has his own spending limits, and alot of people down here have publicly questioned whether they will be able to keep them both
-15-
Posted Image
"I don't like to be the pony. I like to be on top." -Pavel Datsyuk

#66 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:41 PM

Why is that? Just curious since you didn't explain it at all.

Rafalski's point totals since being in Detroit: 55,59,42, 54(projected).

He's definitely not slowing down, he's nearly a PPG player this season and having another great +/- season.

Depends on a lot of stuff, but specifically there are a lot of guys coming through the system that will need to be in the NHL soon (Kindl full-time, Smith, etc).

If Rafalski's agent asks for too much from the Wings, I'd imagine that he's done, especially with his declining defensive play.

I'd say more then $3M a season is too much.

But my name isn't Ken Holland, Nick Lidstrom, or Brian Rafalski, so what do I know? Nick could win the Norris this year and decide to go out on a high note, but I only see our team getting better in the next few years, and Nick obviously isn't declining much at all.

#67 Yellowknife Redwing

Yellowknife Redwing

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:51 PM

I don't know. This does look really nice.

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/5651/sheaweber.png

Posted Image

Also, 4 first rounders is a massive gamble and probably not something worth doing.

Edited by Yellowknife Redwing, 04 February 2011 - 06:52 PM.

#68 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:53 AM

Why is that? Just curious since you didn't explain it at all.

Rafalski's point totals since being in Detroit: 55,59,42, 54(projected).

He's definitely not slowing down, he's nearly a PPG player this season and having another great +/- season.

Rafalski has not slowed down offensively, but his defense has declined considerably since he first joined the Wings. He also said when he first signed his contract that he wanted to retire in Detroit, and he was expected to retire by the end of the deal. Which means no later than 2012. Whether Lidstrom keeps playing is another story entirely, but he's certainly in better shape for it than Rafalski.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#69 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:08 PM

I could see Rafalski taking a two year 3-4 million dollar deal when this one is up, probably with some incentives. As for Weber, I'd love to have him but I think a more realistic patch for Lidstrom would be Kaberle.

Edited by Booster313, 05 February 2011 - 03:11 PM.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#70 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:06 PM

I just don't see Weber wanting to stay in Nashville.

Their ice is crap, their fans aren't reliable, and if I had to hear all that country music I would kill myself.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#71 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:10 PM

Depends on a lot of stuff, but specifically there are a lot of guys coming through the system that will need to be in the NHL soon (Kindl full-time, Smith, etc).

If Rafalski's agent asks for too much from the Wings, I'd imagine that he's done, especially with his declining defensive play.

I'd say more then $3M a season is too much.

But my name isn't Ken Holland, Nick Lidstrom, or Brian Rafalski, so what do I know? Nick could win the Norris this year and decide to go out on a high note, but I only see our team getting better in the next few years, and Nick obviously isn't declining much at all.

The only guys in the system are Smith. Other than that, we have Almqvist, who is still 2-4 years away from Grand Rapids. If/When Salei leaves next year Kindl will have a full time spot. We need Rafalski. and there's no way a 50+ point defensemen will get less than 3 mil.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".