No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Travis

Tampa Bay Lightning unveil new logo / jersey

Rate this topic

marks-1200.jpg

jersey-home-1200.jpg

jersey-away-1200.jpg

I'm really into the Lightning Hockey Club patch, and I enjoy the simplification of their jerseys (not too into 'modern' styles) - but I don't know that they had to go quite so simple; especially with the typeface they used for the numbers.

Full article HERE.

Thoughts?

Not bad. Earlier reports made it seem like it was going to be a larger overhaul. This is just a stripped-down version of their old logo.

And yes, it looks way too much like a Leafs jersey.

Edited by zombi

I kinda figured this was coming, but didn't see Toronto2 suiting up...

I like it but the blue should of at least been darker, I mean Toronto could almost file a suit for copyright infringement. If they were going to do only two colors the blue has to be darker. If not, it needs black trim. Also, the alternate logo should be the main one.

BTW, we should have a celebration for never having to see those wretched BOLTS Jerseys again.

Edited by achildr1

BTW, we should have a celebration for never having to see those wretched BOLTS Jerseys again.

Pretty sure the 3rds are sticking around, unfortunately. I like the change, but like it's been said the blue either needs to be darker or it needs a third colour to distinguish it a bit more from the Leafs. I think these will look good on the ice, but I'm not a big fan of dropping black from the colour scheme altogether.

Pretty sure the 3rds are sticking around, unfortunately. I like the change, but like it's been said the blue either needs to be darker or it needs a third colour to distinguish it a bit more from the Leafs. I think these will look good on the ice, but I'm not a big fan of dropping black from the colour scheme altogether.

That would be ridiculous. Go Retro but keep some of the worst Jerseys to ever hit the ice? It would be like the Isle's using the early 80's Jerseys for home-away but having the Fisherman as a third...schwhat?!?!

If they have a third, it should be their original road Jersey (when roads were dark).

The more I look at this, the more disappointed I become. Why would you not want to definitively stand out from the Laughs? They are both in the East too, their games will look like an intrasquad scrimmage.

Edited by achildr1

Tampa Bay Gatorade.

What is with the jerseys that look like football jerseys.

The problem with selling jerseys to people in FL, its a sweater....in FL.

The design was fine before, I liked the underarm stripe the Lightning have always had, but it looks like it is gone from this design.

Oh well, gimmicks are what they are.

this is the problem. teams are always trying to switch it up till they think they have something "iconic." honestly, if you just stick to one jersey and logo for long enough it will become "iconic." im sure if the wings jersey never existed and someone decided to come up with the design today, there would be people like "wtf?" and thats the way it goes. shoulda stuck with the old ones. its classic.

The departure of silver is indeed disappointing and after black was one of their main colours, it's now gone entirely. Boo.

I was never crazy about the number font for these ones, but it there any way they can go back to this:

091.jpg

The new ones in the picture where the players are wearing them look even worse than on paper. They're like a combination of Vancouver's and Toronto's jerseys and are way too simple, IMO.

What was wrong with the current jerseys? The complete omission of black makes them look way less intimidating.