• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

edicius

Devils for sale

Rate this topic

@Michele Steele: BREAKING: NHL's Devils for sale - person familiar tells Bberg News Devils owner Vanderbeek has hired Moag & Co to oversee sale

Oh, this should be entertaining...

EDIT: And now another interesting part of this...

@NYP_Brooksie: Devils' ownership situation will make it it nearly impossible to lock up Parise long-term. Not good. #Understatement.
Edited by edicius

Oh, this should be entertaining...

EDIT: And now another interesting part of this...

I've thought about this even before the announcement of the sale with how the team took a nose dive this season - Parise will end up a LA King, mark my words.

I've got a bottle of Deau cognac with about 3 shots left in it, $7.18, and a bic lighter that has about 1/3 of the fluid left. And as the icing on the cake, I'll toss in a coupon to one of the local gyro joints here for 99 cent gyros! (limit 2)

So get at me NJ, lets talk!

I've got a bottle of Deau cognac with about 3 shots left in it, $7.18, and a bic lighter that has about 1/3 of the fluid left. And as the icing on the cake, I'll toss in a coupon to one of the local gyro joints here for 99 cent gyros! (limit 2)

So get at me NJ, lets talk!

I can throw in a left-over case of Bud Light from NYE, 2 Resse's Peanut Butter Trees, some old paver stones and a 2/3 empty case of ceramic floor tiles... maybe we can partner up and make a pitch as an "Ownership Group" what do you say?

I can throw in a left-over case of Bud Light from NYE, 2 Resse's Peanut Butter Trees, some old paver stones and a 2/3 empty case of ceramic floor tiles... maybe we can partner up and make a pitch as an "Ownership Group" what do you say?

Sounds good! Though if we combine our offers, we should probably shave some of the stuff off, or else we'd be offering too much. I wouldn't want to lose money on the deal.

I'm willing to toss in a half-empty bottle of Evan Williams bourbon, a well-used leather desk chair, a discount coupon from my uncle's sealcoating business, and an unknown amount of coins in my change jar. I can also offer up a Glock 17 which I propose to use for the ownership group's personal protection (can't be too careful in Newark).

Sounds good! Though if we combine our offers, we should probably shave some of the stuff off, or else we'd be offering too much. I wouldn't want to lose money on the deal.

Well, we clearly see who should be responsible for the finances of this partnership... sounds good, I'll handle marketing and public relations... we will confer on personnel decisions.

@Ledger_NJDevils: The Devils will issue a statement shortly saying Jeff Vanderbeek is not selling the team and that the Bloomberg report is wrong.

Because, sure, we believe what the Devils organization says these days. I'm still inclined to believe the Bloomberg report; Devils are probably just worried that ticket sales will tank even further than they already have.

Well, we clearly see who should be responsible for the finances of this partnership... sounds good, I'll handle marketing and public relations... we will confer on personnel decisions.

You guys will need a scout in Europe if you want to be successful. I don't know much about scouting, but I'd love to see Europe.

Am I in?

You guys will need a scout in Europe if you want to be successful. I don't know much about scouting, but I'd love to see Europe.

Am I in?

You will need some assets to add to the offer for the sale to join on... do you have any shoe laces, bags of returnable bottles, campbells soup labels and trial size boxes of Fruity Pebbles you can contribute?

You will need some assets to add to the offer for the sale to join on... do you have any shoe laces, bags of returnable bottles, campbells soup labels and trial size boxes of Fruity Pebbles you can contribute?

One of the minority owners wants to sell not the majority owner.

Contrary to what some may think, the New Jersey Devils team is actually a pretty valuable franchise. It's probably in the top half of the league in terms of value.

Just because someone wants to sell, it doesn't mean the franchise is in trouble. This is not the same scenario as Phoenix, Atlanta, NYI, etc.

Contrary to what some may think, the New Jersey Devils team is actually a pretty valuable franchise. It's probably in the top half of the league in terms of value.

Just because someone wants to sell, it doesn't mean the franchise is in trouble. This is not the same scenario as Phoenix, Atlanta, NYI, etc.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

Hmmm... well I guess they can say there are 4 teams with worse attendance.

Now that they're basically out of the playoffs we can expect attendance to rise next season as fans surge through the tunrstiles to see the winning club NJ has on the ice.

I'm not sure how it's all that different than the Islanders if we assume the Forbes valuation is correct. According to Forbes the Devils are worth $3,000,000 more than the Islanders.

Then again the Montreal Expos are on that list even though they're now the Nationals so who knows what's going on there.

Am I in?

I live in Europe already so we can liaise (sounding fancy and owner-like already see!), and I can contribute my drawer. Its one of those drawers where I have no idea what's in it, just a collection of things that are part of other larger things, but have been separated along the way.