• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Konnan511

Blues/Avs game tonight - Postponed due to winter storm

Rate this topic

My link

The NHL has postponed tonight's game between the Blues and Colorado Avalanche at Scottrade Center due to inclement weather.

A makeup date has not yet been announced.

Blues GM Doug Armstrong had been in constant contact with the NHL's Colin Campbell throughout the day before the game was officially postponed.

Heavy amounts of snow are predicted for the St. Louis area, but more dangerous is the ice that's been falling since early this morning.

The Avalanche arrived in St. Louis on Monday night after a 30-minute delay. The Avs were in town and referees had made it into town, too, but the NHL eventually decided that conditions were two dangerous for fans and arena employees.

Guest Crymson

It would be difficult to play here in Denver, too. With windchill, it's about -5 degrees. The roads are insane. Ice everywhere.

I'm not surprised. The snow itself started in Kansas City around 6am and it's still coming down with no sign of stopping any time soon - and St. Louis got several hours of ice before any snow moved into the area.

My boys took the bus to Denver to play the Eagles tomorrow, but I don't know if their game is going to be postponed either.

It'll be interesting to see what the weather is going to do for the next couple days worth of games.

It would be difficult to play here in Denver, too. With windchill, it's about -5 degrees. The roads are insane. Ice everywhere.

Meh. It took me less time to get to work today (Westminster to Denver) than a normal day. It's cold and the roads are slick but this is par for the course for this Michigan boy.

here in NW Arkansas we have .5 inches of ice and the snow is still falling. Last measurement of teh yard 30 minutes ago resulted in 9.5" of snow