• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Konnan511

Huggy Bear Waived

Rate this topic

Stortini is more like a big agitator then an enforcer, hes actually a pretty decent hockey player. I would like if Detroit picked him up for the 13th forward spot.

His fighting has actually improved quite a bit too as of late. Huggy bear doesn't really apply anymore. He is another one of those guys who fights but brings other things to the game

Stortini is more like a big agitator then an enforcer, hes actually a pretty decent hockey player. I would like if Detroit picked him up for the 13th forward spot.

His fighting has actually improved quite a bit too as of late. Huggy bear doesn't really apply anymore. He is another one of those guys who fights but brings other things to the game

Exactly, he averages 10 or so pts a season, is good on the forecheck, has pretty good speed and as you touched on, isn't afraid to fight anyone... I think he's exactly the type of "enforcer" that still belongs in today's game, not a pylon who fights, but a slightly below average average in the area of skill player with speed, intensity and no fear...

Edited by stevkrause

Exactly, he averages 10 or so pts a season, is good on the forecheck, has pretty good speed and as you touched on, isn't afraid to fight anyone... I think he's exactly the type of "enforcer" that still belongs in today's game, not a pylon who fights, but a slightly below average average in the area of skill player with speed, intensity and no fear...

Yeah and at 700,000 salary he could brought up and on almost a tryout until modano gets back, he can always be waived again.

In the right situation, like Detroit, he could be a pretty effective 4th liner. And he has some sweet hockey flow

Tina is not a great fighter, but he's better than anyone we have in that department. As others have mentioned, he can score here and there.

Also, with his big frame he's a good forechecker who can punish smaller defenders. We don't have anyone who can do that either (unless Bert turns back the clock).

Tina is not a great fighter, but he's better than anyone we have in that department. As others have mentioned, he can score here and there.

Also, with his big frame he's a good forechecker who can punish smaller defenders. We don't have anyone who can do that either (unless Bert turns back the clock).

Yeah I thought you would be completely against this GMR. Not a good fighter really just willing to go out and bang some bodies and will drop the gloves.

He has some guts, more then a lot on our team currently. The way he hung in there with Orr was something else

Yeah I thought you would be completely against this GMR. Not a good fighter really just willing to go out and bang some bodies and will drop the gloves.

He has some guts, more then a lot on our team currently. The way he hung in there with Orr was something else

I would take a Stortini type player that isn't a pylon and is only a marginal fighter (but always willing) over a best fighter in the league (arguably) in Boogard who is otherwise useless and basically forces you to play shorthanded anytime he's on the ice...

It's hard to be against it when he's by far tougher than anyone on our team.

I know he's kind of a joke amongst NHL fight fans on other sites, but for the Wings he'd be a beast of sorts. Pretty sad I guess.

I would take a Stortini type player that isn't a pylon and is only a marginal fighter (but always willing) over a best fighter in the league (arguably) in Boogard who is otherwise useless and basically forces you to play shorthanded anytime he's on the ice...

I would trade all but a few guys on our team for Boogaard.

I know he's kind of a joke amongst NHL fight fans on other sites, but for the Wings he'd be a beast of sorts. Pretty sad I guess.

That is so sad... I'm glad you'll never be the Red Wings' GM. But please, be anyone elses.

That is so sad... I'm glad you'll never be the Red Wings' GM. But please, be anyone elses.

Awww...I'm so sorry you don't agree.

Obviously, other people on this site have a chance to be Wings GM, but I don't. Or maybe my chances were completely ruined with my post. Guess I'll just have to live with that.

Awww...I'm so sorry you don't agree.

Obviously, other people on this site have a chance to be Wings GM, but I don't. Or maybe my chances were completely ruined with my post. Guess I'll just have to live with that.

It's ok :)

I have always kinda liked Stortini and definitely wouldn't mind seeing him as a 13th/14th forward. As much as I love Mursak, I think I'd rather him finish the year strong in GR. There is no gaurantee that even when all of the current players come back from injury that there wont be more go down between now and the end of the year.. What's the harm in having a guy who can handle his own and put up a few points on the side?

Edited by GSBrooks13

good joke, thanks for the laugh