• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Konnan511

Huggy Bear Waived

Rate this topic

Well, Huggy Bear played in his first NHL game since getting lit up by Krys Barch last season. Got dropped by Ryan Reaves of the Blues tonight. The battle for "The NHL's Official Punching Bag" is between him and Tom Kostopoulos.

Yeah, except he's much bigger than Kostopopus.

Stortini is this generation's Andrei Nazarov. And yes, I saw the fight. I'm surprised they went out and signed him in the offseason honestly.

Predators claim McGrattan off waivers, waive huggy bear Stortini

Doesn't appear David Poile was impressed with Stortini against St. Louis the other night. I'm really hoping McGrattan gets some games in with them. Their roster is packed, but it appears Poile finds value in an enforcer, seeing as he acquired Wade Belak from Florida a few years back.

Doesn't appear David Poile was impressed with Stortini against St. Louis the other night. I'm really hoping McGrattan gets some games in with them. Their roster is packed, but it appears Poile finds value in an enforcer, seeing as he acquired Wade Belak from Florida a few years back.

That turned out pretty well for their playoff runs. :rolleyes:

Didn't the GM watch any of Stortini's fights before acquiring him?

I am normally one for making changes because of certain players I do not like, but I am beside myself when I say (am I alone on this?) lets stand pat on our roster and not get into acquiring anyone unless/until we need them. This is a pretty good lineup and we haven't even seen Brunnstrom play yet (pre season looked good.) So far, even my most hated player has 2 points in 2 games. We haven't seen what kind of sandpaper Commodore brings to this team. If you think Stortini would be nice on next years roster, odds are he may be available in the off season (since he was waived already this season) so lets stand pat and let teams come to us, unless we really are in need of someone around the first of the year...