• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 #19=Legend

#19=Legend

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:56 PM

So the Wings were injured all of Jan. And though having many star players out, I think they did just fine. February consists of 14 games half of which are against the east. With our stars coming back this month and looking at the sched i believe this month is going to separate the wings from the rest of the pack in the west. That is if jimmy steps up. thats my only concern... Thoughts?

#2 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:03 PM

We'll lose one game the entire month. We'll still be third or fourth in the power rankings.

#3 #19=Legend

#19=Legend

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:16 PM

really? one game? that is a little far fetched from what im expecting... im thinking somwere along the lines of 10-2-2

#4 #19=Legend

#19=Legend

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:03 AM

noone has any input as to how we will do this month? really?

#5 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:15 AM

I'm betting somewhere between 0-14 and 14-0.. :hehe:

But more seriously, with players coming back from injury 10-2-2 sounds doable to me.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#6 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:23 AM

Sadly, i see us going: 7-5-2

We have a lot of games on the road and a lot of our away games are against very very good teams. I think we could go 9-3-2 if we play our hearts out. But between 16-20 points out of 28 is what i expect.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#7 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:42 AM

wings arent great against eastern teams so hopefully 9-3-2.

#8 F2B&G

F2B&G

Rookie

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:54 AM

Start out on the right foot and beat the Sens and BJs, split the home-and-home with the Preds, beat the Rags at the Joe, split the home-and-home with the Bs, split the Florida roadtrip.

Then, shoot to win at least three of the remaining five - Mild on the road, then San Hoe and the Stars at home, and finally face currently struggling Sabres and Kings squads on the road (though they could improve later in the month - hard to say at the moment).

The good news is that the only back-to-backs will be on the Florida trip, and one of those teams isn't very good. EDIT: Whoops, there's a back-to-back this weekend. My bad. :blush:

I'll say 8-4-2, with the team looking better as the month wears on and the lines re-gel. It won't be quite what we'd prefer to see, but it should be better than January. With hard work and a little luck, maybe we'll be fortunate enough to sweep the Preds or the Bs. Here's to a lack of injuries from here on out! :thumbup:

Edited by F2B&G, 02 February 2011 - 02:58 AM.

#9 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:07 AM

I predict our dedicated and loving Red Wing gaming fans will send our good friends Chris Osgood and Jimmy Howard a valentines day card (or a v-day + get-well-soon combo card) with a screenshot showing they were both traded in NHL 11 to the Dynamo Moscow for a Denny's Grand Slam breakfast with a shot of vodka and a Russian snow cone with authentic snow as a starter.

Edited by Shoreline, 02 February 2011 - 07:09 AM.

#10 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

I predict our dedicated and loving Red Wing gaming fans will send our good friends Chris Osgood and Jimmy Howard a valentines day card (or a v-day + get-well-soon combo card) with a screenshot showing they were both traded in NHL 11 to the Dynamo Moscow for a Denny's Grand Slam breakfast with a shot of vodka and a Russian snow cone with authentic snow as a starter.

You do realize that the Grand Slam would have to pass through waivers, right? I'm betting Charles Wang is hungry enough to make a claim.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#11 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:28 PM

Wang is hungry

Posted Image Sorry....
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#12 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:05 PM

Posted Image Sorry....

Hahaha.

And as far as predictions go, I feel like I need to see how they play tonight. Don't know why.

#13 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:25 PM

really? one game? that is a little far fetched from what im expecting... im thinking somwere along the lines of 10-2-2

i was thinking 10-2-2 as well. It is kind of a long shot, but i hope it happens.

Eff Chicago

Eff Boston

#14 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

i predict that the wings continue to talk about tightening up the D and the PK, then give up 3+ goals a game anyway.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#15 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:51 PM

i predict that the wings continue to talk about tightening up the D and the PK, then give up 3+ goals a game anyway.

seems you nailed it after watching that first period.