• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Konnan511

Jo. Staal punch, Prust gets shot

Rate this topic

So Staal gives Prust a left hook, but Prust's head flies to his right...doesn't make sense. Either way, bad sucker punch by Staal, bad acting by Prust.

What do you all think?

Staal was tossed out of the game for that.

Eager got 4 games for this:

Hmm, bad play by Staal, put the ref in a bad position I think. In retrospect it looks like a weak match penalty and a dive, but a first glance it looked like a blatant cheapshot.

Don't like this play all around.

A dumbass reaction to a clean hit, give him the 4 games, fake or no-fake this doesn't belong in the game.

Im sick of players getting pissy over a clean hit. I think a intent to injure needs to be claimed every time this happens.

Just because I hate all things Penguins, because of the hype, i hope Prust gets his revenge.

Maybe just sucker punch Crosby and start the concussion train.

Prust got away with the league under debate about head... Anything?

Eager? I have been youtubing Probie and Kocer fights. I think that is a punk move to the way the fella's used to square up. In my opinion Eager pulls a bertuzzi without the injury.

It's certainly not the worst thing I've ever seen, but it was a ***** move by Staal. Reminiscent of Tootoo on Robidas, just not nearly as bad. I just wish Boyle had given him a nice way to remember not to do s*** like that.

Staal already hit him once, i think his punch wasn't needed.

A dive, really? Even if he did dive, this shouldn't be a place where that would be called, everyone was battling, Staal clearly punched at him.

I skate up, punch out the opposition goalie, and we both get penaltys because I say he dove, I punched his helmet, he has to be ok.

I'm fine with the call on the ice, and and hoping for atleast a game, for Stall to think about keeping his hands on his stick.

I'm not sure if it was much of a sucker punch at all, they players were scuffling and Staal responded with a punch. Both guys were facing each other and roughing each other up. Staal has been suspended for 1 game (automatic because of the match penalty). The only way he avoids suspsension now is if the league deems the call on the ice unjustified.

I didn't watch the game though, wondering what the announcers had to say. While I can understand seeing a sucker punch, it obviously wasn't that nasty, wondering if you think it's a sucker punch, it's automaticlly a match penatly?

I guarantee you this, if Prust didn't put on the acting show, Staal probably escapes with just a 2 minute roughing penalty.

As far as cheapshots go, that wasn't brutal, but it's still a suckerpunch. It looks like a dive, but honestly I'd cut Prust some slack. It wasn't that hard but he took an unexpected punch right on the button. It's possible his collapse was real.

Of course, it would also kind of mean he has a glass jaw. :P

As far as cheapshots go, that wasn't brutal, but it's still a suckerpunch. It looks like a dive, but honestly I'd cut Prust some slack. It wasn't that hard but he took an unexpected punch right on the button. It's possible his collapse was real.

I read elsewhere that Prust said the punch surprised him so he went down. Prust did fight later in the game though, so he was alright.

Let's be real here, the question should be whether it was a sucker punch or not, not whether Prust dove and acted, that much is obvious.

If what someone else on here said that they heard Prust suggested he went down because he was surprised by the punch, well, I can half buy falling down because of that, but not lying on the ice for as long as he did.

Let's be real here, the question should be whether it was a sucker punch or not, not whether Prust dove and acted, that much is obvious.

If what someone else on here said that they heard Prust suggested he went down because he was surprised by the punch, well, I can half buy falling down because of that, but not lying on the ice for as long as he did.

To me it's the other way around. There's no question it was a suckerpunch. He punched Prust in the face when he wasn't even looking. What's to decide?

As for collapsing like he's been shot, it could've been a dive, it could've been that he got his bell rung. Either way Prust should be a bit embarrassed.