#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaCwkdNNEPY&feature=player_embedded

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#2 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaCwkdNNEPY&feature=player_embedded

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Looked worse than it was. Good on OV for stepping up in the neutral zone though. PK had better keep his head up, there are a good few people who people would like to do that and more to him.

works every time

#3 LOredwing248

LOredwing248

Jr. Prospect

• 21 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:46 PM

ov is lucky he didn't get a lacerated jugular

#4 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:53 PM

Looked worse than it was. Good on OV for stepping up in the neutral zone though. PK had better keep his head up, there are a good few people who people would like to do that and more to him.

Agreed, that's why I said biggest looking, but falling 6 feet straight onto ice hurts.

Edited by Konnan511, 01 February 2011 - 10:53 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#5 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:54 PM

Nice hit by Ovie. Too bad Suban couldn't take it. Poor follow-up.
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#6 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:54 PM

heres a near identical hit from 2011:

these two were bigger from this night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76WBc532P8U

and some others form the new year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wac2K9fUysc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_exbiMQKfw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me38GCGbeWM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWS31EewFpo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jLJP0pbljc

ect.. ect.. ect... (curse lgw for not letting me post more than 2 yt links)
do some research next time..
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#7 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:58 PM

heres a near identical hit from 2011:

:huh:

If Subban doesn't jump, it's a regular hip check. Not quite sure what he thought he was gaining out of that one.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#8 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:58 PM

The first one you posted wasn't near identical, the only thing they had in common was that they were hip checks.

Plus, i said biggest looking, not biggest. A lot of those links are of hard hits, yes but aren't as aesthetically loud as the one I posted. Your condescending post is noted, though Posted Image
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#9 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:03 PM

The first one you posted wasn't near identical, the only thing they had in common was that they were hip checks.

Plus, i said biggest looking, not biggest. A lot of those links are of hard hits, yes but aren't as aesthetically loud as the one I posted. Your condescending post is noted, though Posted Image

the umberger one was clearly more spectacular, Seabrook, a 250 lb beast of a dman goes ass over teakettle and nearly does a backflip, and did you not watch the links underneath? I was condescending, but imo just becuase Subban and Ovechkin are involved in a hit doesn't make it any more "aesthetically pleasing" to me. i guess "biggest looking" is too vague of a way to describe a hit.

:huh:

If Subban doesn't jump, it's a regular hip check. Not quite sure what he thought he was gaining out of that one.

both were awkward looking hipchecks by forwards, the difference was indeed that subban jumped, thats why they were nearly the same and both equally visually pleasing
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#10 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:05 PM

the umberger one was clearly more spectacular, Seabrook, a 250 lb beast of a dman goes ass over teakettle and nearly does a backflip, and did you not watch the links underneath? I was condescending, but imo just becuase Subban and Ovechkin are involved in a hit doesn't make it any more "aesthetically pleasing" to me. i guess "biggest looking" is too vague of a way to describe a hit.

Trust me, nothing about OV is aesthetically pleasing! It looked the biggest to me not because of who was in it, but because of the act. Yes, I looked at your links. So if you agree with "biggest" being vague, how can you definitively say I was wrong on top of being a prick?

Edited by Konnan511, 01 February 2011 - 11:05 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#11 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:08 PM

Trust me, nothing about OV is aesthetically pleasing! It looked the biggest to me not because of who was in it, but because of the act. Yes, I looked at your links. So if you agree with "biggest" being vague, how can you definitively say I was wrong on top of being a prick?

i can't really, I guess you just worded it incredibly poorly, why not just name is Ovechkin hipchecks Subban, or Ovechkin sends Subban bum over tea kettle, or Ovechkin High Flying hipcheck, Im not trying to be a ******, but using biggest with this hit is kind of off, it was or sure threadworthy though

Edited by jollymania, 01 February 2011 - 11:09 PM.

- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#12 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:12 PM

PK has put bigger hits on others this season.

Posted Image

#13 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:39 PM

Meh...

Speaking of Umberger, anyone remember this one :hehe:

#14 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:48 PM

Agreed but damn it-- enough with the fast switching avatar pictures. My eyes hurt. Slow. that. s***. down.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#15 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:08 AM

I love these hit threads! Anway the Umberger hit on Seabrook was a classic race for the puck. Nothing wrong with that at all. Subban better keep his head up out there, because like others have mentioned, he's not the most well-liked player in the league.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 02 February 2011 - 12:09 AM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#16 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:46 AM

Subban hit the "oh s***" button and made it a lot worse on himself.

And to add to what others have said about Subban having to watch out for this kind of thing: His reaction to the hit only makes him a more enticing target. You get to lay out somebody you don't like and get a powerplay for it? Hell yeah!

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#17 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:54 AM

What the hell was Subban thinking when he jumped? That's the last thing you want to do. Get low, PK, not high.

Also, that Umberger hit on Seabrook was one of the best hits I've seen all year.

#18 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:11 AM

Not sure if this is even the biggest "looking" hit of the year. Sure is nice to see Ovie stepping up again. Personally, I thought PK's hit earlier in the year was one of the bigger hits.

EDIT: OP said "new year" THREAD LARCENY!!!!!

Edited by HankthaTank, 02 February 2011 - 08:17 AM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#19 howeaboutthat

howeaboutthat

Prospect

• 41 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:16 AM

This thread needs more Konstantinov.

:clap:

#20 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,900 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:21 AM

Subban hit the "oh s***" button and made it a lot worse on himself.

And to add to what others have said about Subban having to watch out for this kind of thing: His reaction to the hit only makes him a more enticing target. You get to lay out somebody you don't like and get a powerplay for it? Hell yeah!

Exactly. I think he jumped reflexively, which made it a lot worse.

And 2 minutes for not being man enough to take a clean hit. Love it. It's a penalty they need to hand out more often.

This thread needs more Konstantinov.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO1uhorF5LA

:clap:

I'm confused. Everybody on the ice didn't immediately jump Vladdy and start throwing cheapshots. And Lemieux didn't either. But I thought people always have done that after clean hits in hockey? <_<