• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Konnan511

Biggest looking hit of the new year

Rate this topic

Looked worse than it was. Good on OV for stepping up in the neutral zone though. PK had better keep his head up, there are a good few people who people would like to do that and more to him.

Agreed, that's why I said biggest looking, but falling 6 feet straight onto ice hurts.

Edited by Konnan511

The first one you posted wasn't near identical, the only thing they had in common was that they were hip checks.

Plus, i said biggest looking, not biggest. A lot of those links are of hard hits, yes but aren't as aesthetically loud as the one I posted. Your condescending post is noted, though thumbup.gif

The first one you posted wasn't near identical, the only thing they had in common was that they were hip checks.

Plus, i said biggest looking, not biggest. A lot of those links are of hard hits, yes but aren't as aesthetically loud as the one I posted. Your condescending post is noted, though thumbup.gif

the umberger one was clearly more spectacular, Seabrook, a 250 lb beast of a dman goes ass over teakettle and nearly does a backflip, and did you not watch the links underneath? I was condescending, but imo just becuase Subban and Ovechkin are involved in a hit doesn't make it any more "aesthetically pleasing" to me. i guess "biggest looking" is too vague of a way to describe a hit.

:huh:

If Subban doesn't jump, it's a regular hip check. Not quite sure what he thought he was gaining out of that one.

both were awkward looking hipchecks by forwards, the difference was indeed that subban jumped, thats why they were nearly the same and both equally visually pleasing

the umberger one was clearly more spectacular, Seabrook, a 250 lb beast of a dman goes ass over teakettle and nearly does a backflip, and did you not watch the links underneath? I was condescending, but imo just becuase Subban and Ovechkin are involved in a hit doesn't make it any more "aesthetically pleasing" to me. i guess "biggest looking" is too vague of a way to describe a hit.

Trust me, nothing about OV is aesthetically pleasing! It looked the biggest to me not because of who was in it, but because of the act. Yes, I looked at your links. So if you agree with "biggest" being vague, how can you definitively say I was wrong on top of being a prick?

Edited by Konnan511

Trust me, nothing about OV is aesthetically pleasing! It looked the biggest to me not because of who was in it, but because of the act. Yes, I looked at your links. So if you agree with "biggest" being vague, how can you definitively say I was wrong on top of being a prick?

i can't really, I guess you just worded it incredibly poorly, why not just name is Ovechkin hipchecks Subban, or Ovechkin sends Subban bum over tea kettle, or Ovechkin High Flying hipcheck, Im not trying to be a ******, but using biggest with this hit is kind of off, it was or sure threadworthy though

Edited by jollymania

Agreed but damn it-- enough with the fast switching avatar pictures. My eyes hurt. Slow. that. s***. down.

I love these hit threads! Anway the Umberger hit on Seabrook was a classic race for the puck. Nothing wrong with that at all. Subban better keep his head up out there, because like others have mentioned, he's not the most well-liked player in the league.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Subban hit the "oh s***" button and made it a lot worse on himself.

And to add to what others have said about Subban having to watch out for this kind of thing: His reaction to the hit only makes him a more enticing target. You get to lay out somebody you don't like and get a powerplay for it? Hell yeah!

Not sure if this is even the biggest "looking" hit of the year. Sure is nice to see Ovie stepping up again. Personally, I thought PK's hit earlier in the year was one of the bigger hits.

EDIT: OP said "new year" THREAD LARCENY!!!!!

Edited by HankthaTank

Subban hit the "oh s***" button and made it a lot worse on himself.

And to add to what others have said about Subban having to watch out for this kind of thing: His reaction to the hit only makes him a more enticing target. You get to lay out somebody you don't like and get a powerplay for it? Hell yeah!

Exactly. I think he jumped reflexively, which made it a lot worse.

And 2 minutes for not being man enough to take a clean hit. Love it. It's a penalty they need to hand out more often.

This thread needs more Konstantinov.

:clap:

I'm confused. Everybody on the ice didn't immediately jump Vladdy and start throwing cheapshots. And Lemieux didn't either. But I thought people always have done that after clean hits in hockey? <_<

I'm confused. Everybody on the ice didn't immediately jump Vladdy and start throwing cheapshots. And Lemieux didn't either. But I thought people always have done that after clean hits in hockey? <_<

thumbup.gif Amen brother. If we get in a Delorean with Doc Brown and go to the year 2035 or so, I am convinced hockey will look just like curling or similar. It's a damn shame.

Edited by HankthaTank

Exactly. I think he jumped reflexively, which made it a lot worse.

And 2 minutes for not being man enough to take a clean hit. Love it. It's a penalty they need to hand out more often.

Agreed, I wish I could give your post a couple more +'s.

Since before I was even allowed to check, coaches told us to take a number and get him back later. Whatever happened to that philosophy?

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

NICE HIT!!!!!! Subban needs to curb his anger...It's not the last time he's gonna get hit if he keeps his head down...

Price is prolly pissed at him too...."Thanks for the stick to the neck face....." fixed.

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

Between PK's bitching about a cut-lip in last year's playoffs, to some of his shenanigans this year... I can't stand him, seems like a whiny little kid. I couldn't stand to have a guy like that on my team.

Between PK's bitching about a cut-lip in last year's playoffs, to some of his shenanigans this year... I can't stand him, seems like a whiny little kid. I couldn't stand to have a guy like that on my team.

the finny thing is that right after this they showed ovechkin sitting on the bench complaining to the ref that his lip was cut