• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Konnan511

First rule of Fight Club

Rate this topic

There hasn't been a goalie fight in a long time if I'm not mistaken?

Too bad that smiling goof ***** Fleury wasn't the Pens goalie that was fighting. I'd love to see what would happen there.

Oh come on, you know he'd turtle right away.

Too bad that smiling goof ***** Fleury wasn't the Pens goalie that was fighting. I'd love to see what would happen there.

I was thinking the same thing. He doesn't have room to be talking. Even Ricky "Mr Glass" D would of stomped him.

What were they talking about in the Vs clip?

Something about a "Team Shutout".

Does Johnson not get credit because (I'm guessing) he a got a Major for fighting?

Well, because of the game misconduct. It should go down as the 5th shutout in NHL history not credited to a goaltender, only the team.

Edited by SeeinRed

Okay, THAT looked more like a punch on that one. MSG+ feed is the clearest out of all the ones I've seen.

I've always liked watching the MSG feeds when we play a NY team and I can't get one with the FSN Detroit crew. The quality always seems pretty high and their announcers are pretty professional.

Last one I remember was when Emery smiled like a mad man as he beat the s*** out of some poor bastard.

Looks like DiPietro is out for the season again :ph34r:

Wouldn't be surprised. Garth Snow is suiting up for the next game....Breaking news: Zach Follett's shoulder pads were stolen from his locker late last night....

With all the goalie troubles the Isle's have they may be forced to get rid of Nabby if he wont play, they need the roster spots.

Goaltender's invited to next years Isle's camp: Ray Emery, Manny Fernandez, Roman Turek, the Washington Capitals web site producer, and Yutaka Fukafuji.

Emery wins the fight with DiPietro for the backup spot, didn't take much. Fukafuji wins over the Isle's legion of Asian fans (Charles Wang, Bobby Lee from Mad TV) and gains the 3rd spot. Snow is unimpressed by the rest and, in a bid to return to the playoffs, trades John Tavares, Calvin de Haan, and their 1st round pick to the Wings for Jiri Hudler, Daniel Larsson, and the rights to Brad McCrimmon (who they dress as a defenseman).

LGW'ers rejoice.

Edited by achildr1

Doesn't Johnson get ejected for crossing center ice in that situation? Or am I totally fogged on that rule?

They were each only given minor penalties for leaving their creases during an altercation. It doesn't matter how far a goalie goes really, that's a pretty black and white 2 minutes. The game misconducts could have been for several different reasons. Refs have a ton of choices for misconducts when it comes to fighting or altercations (all fights are altercations; not all altercations are fights as defined by the NHL rulebook). They could have been ejected for fighting after the original altercation, continuing a fight despite an official's instruction to stop, or even for the language they use. The rulebook actually notes that it purposely gives refs a ton of leeway to hand out misconducts when it comes to altercations.

Does anyone else kinda feel bad for DiPietro? He had such potential when he was drafted and a couple really good first years... this can not be even close to how he had to have imagined his career would go...

i'm currently making $2.50 an hour as a waiter and am dependent on tips in order to buy beer and occasionally take my wife out to dinner.

i'm paying $930 per credit hour in graduate school and am in debt up to my coffee-fried eyeballs.

i understand he's a competitor not being able to compete as often as he'd like, but nah, i don't feel bad for him.

i'm currently making $2.50 an hour as a waiter and am dependent on tips in order to buy beer and occasionally take my wife out to dinner.

i'm paying $930 per credit hour in graduate school and am in debt up to my coffee-fried eyeballs.

i understand he's a competitor not being able to compete as often as he'd like, but nah, i don't feel bad for him.

When I ask if anyone else feels bad for him, I don't mean we should start a support fund, it has nothing to do with money, it has to do with his career as an athlete...

When I ask if anyone else feels bad for him, I don't mean we should start a support fund, it has nothing to do with money, it has to do with his career as an athlete...

yeah, i know. i'm just feeling sorry for myself. i'll stop that right now.

i feel bad for travis roy.

yeah, i know. i'm just feeling sorry for myself. i'll stop that right now.

i feel bad for travis roy.

Just think of how worth it, it will be once you're done with your graduate degree though... nothing in life worth having comes easy! Doesn't sound pleasant, but you'll get through it stronger and more appreciative of what you have when it's done!

As for Travis Roy, that is at the top of the list... like if you had to rank feeling bad for an athlete and the poor luck they've been dealt on a scale of 1-10, with 1 feeling little to no pity and 10 making you almost well up when you think about it, Roy is a 12...

That's kinda a good way to put it in perspective - On that exact scale, I feel about a 5 for DiPietro, a 7 for Marc Savard, a 10 for Steve Moore and a 12 for Travis Roy...

Just think of how worth it, it will be once you're done with your graduate degree though... nothing in life worth having comes easy! Doesn't sound pleasant, but you'll get through it stronger and more appreciative of what you have when it's done!

THANKS tony robbins!

;):D

Saw the highlights for this late last night. I dislike Matt Cooke just as much as anybody in here but I have no clue if he did anything in the game to warrant what DiPietro did to him, cause it was a bit over the top.

As for the punch, it didn't even look like Johnson hit him hard, just in the right spot perhaps.

The poor bastard in question was Biron. Emery is insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xqUbxr1Fbg

He fights Peters after Biron and has this bats*** insane Joker grin the whole time.

Emery is definitely Hextall caliber crazy.

He can handle himself in a fight, but I still think his teammates should've been all over Peters when he started fighting Emery. A second fight, and in goaltender equipment. Not exactly an even match.

Emery is definitely Hextall caliber crazy.

He can handle himself in a fight, but I still think his teammates should've been all over Peters when he started fighting Emery. A second fight, and in goaltender equipment. Not exactly an even match.

Speaking of Andrew Peters, is he still around? Last I heard he was in Vancouver's AHL affiliate in Manitoba.

As for Travis Roy, that is at the top of the list... like if you had to rank feeling bad for an athlete and the poor luck they've been dealt on a scale of 1-10, with 1 feeling little to no pity and 10 making you almost well up when you think about it, Roy is a 12...

That's kinda a good way to put it in perspective - On that exact scale, I feel about a 5 for DiPietro, a 7 for Marc Savard, a 10 for Steve Moore and a 12 for Travis Roy...

So where do you put Alexei Cherepanov and Jiri Fischer on that scale?

Watching DiPietro vs Johnson back on NHL.com, there follows a lot of videos about other good/unusual fights, including Datsyuk vs Perry - I guess because Dats never drops the gloves yet still held his own. After watching them all, and it pains me to say, Crosby is a pretty darn good fighter and quick smart too when it comes to scrapping.

And yes Emery is a nutcase. The fact that he smiles when he's about to fight, almost teases Biron when he's on the ice, and then laughs when he's getting beaten by Peters. Just nuts.