• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Konnan511

First rule of Fight Club

Rate this topic

Ehh, beat me to it. Anyone suprised by this? This dude breaks easier than Manny Legace after a playoff loss :ph34r:

If your Garth Snow, what do you do right now? He already looks like a fool for the Nabokov saga. Why not semi-redeem yourself and acquire another goaltender and drop Nabokov. Suck up the pride and do it because its better for your team. Martin Gerber? Ray Emery? Speaking of Manny, isn't he available? Heck, call Kenny about Larsson (even though the Nabokov saga probably left a 3 day old green bean casserole-esque taste in Holland's mouth). I'm sure one of these goalies would love to show what they got to possibly garner a decent contract somewhere next year...except Nabby, he will probably be an Islander slave until the trade deadline next year:hehe:

Ehh, beat me to it. Anyone suprised by this? This dude breaks easier than Manny Legace after a playoff loss :ph34r:

If your Garth Snow, what do you do right now? He already looks like a fool for the Nabokov saga. Why not semi-redeem yourself and acquire another goaltender and drop Nabokov. Suck up the pride and do it because its better for your team. Martin Gerber? Ray Emery? Speaking of Manny, isn't he available? Heck, call Kenny about Larsson (even though the Nabokov saga probably left a 3 day old green bean casserole-esque taste in Holland's mouth). I'm sure one of these goalies would love to show what they got to possibly garner a decent contract somewhere next year...except Nabby, he will probably be an Islander slave until the trade deadline next year:hehe:

Honestly this makes his Nabby signing look like a smart move to me. We all knew Dipietro would be out with an injury, though I didn't even expect it to be so soon and in such idiotic fashion. So he currently has a solid goaltender in Nabokov signed at a bargain price. Don't forget Nabby's agent said he'd play anywhere. To me, Snow doesn't look like a fool at all in this case.

Honestly this makes his Nabby signing look like a smart move to me. We all knew Dipietro would be out with an injury, though I didn't even expect it to be so soon and in such idiotic fashion. So he currently has a solid goaltender in Nabokov signed at a bargain price. Don't forget Nabby's agent said he'd play anywhere. To me, Snow doesn't look like a fool at all in this case.

Wouldn't have Mike Smith been a no-brainer then?

Didn't they put him on waivers after the Islanders claimed Nabokov?

If you've got a goaltender like Nabokov who you claimed legally to play under contract for your team, I don't see why you'd claim a goalie like Mike Smith.

Because said goalie won't actually play for the Islanders. Might as well get one that will.