63 replies to this topic

#21 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,076 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:22 AM

It was a TKO, not really a KO.

As I said in the GDT, I think Ricky D wanted to be injured again to be placed on the IR once more. It was a strange incident to say the least.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#22 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:32 AM

It was a TKO, not really a KO.

As I said in the GDT, I think Ricky D wanted to be injured again to be placed on the IR once more. It was a strange incident to say the least.

Unfortunately this will probably be the only confrontation between 2 goaltenders this year :(
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#23 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,076 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:35 AM

Unfortunately this will probably be the only confrontation between 2 goaltenders this year :(

There hasn't been a goalie fight in a long time if I'm not mistaken?

Too bad that smiling goof ***** Fleury wasn't the Pens goalie that was fighting. I'd love to see what would happen there.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#24 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:48 AM

What were they talking about in the Vs clip?

Something about a "Team Shutout".

Does Johnson not get credit because (I'm guessing) he a got a Major for fighting?

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by some sort of IPA and a heaping dose of sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#25 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:49 AM

Too bad that smiling goof ***** Fleury wasn't the Pens goalie that was fighting. I'd love to see what would happen there.

Yeah it has been a while.

Fleury finds it yucky to hit anyone. Jimmy would kick the s*** out of him.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#26 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:49 AM

They said it has been four years since Biron and Emery threw down.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by some sort of IPA and a heaping dose of sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#27 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:03 AM

Oh come on, you know he'd turtle right away.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#28 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:04 AM

I was thinking the same thing. He doesn't have room to be talking. Even Ricky "Mr Glass" D would of stomped him.

#29 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:41 AM

pretty sad seeing a talent-laden team like the penguins play all chippy with a bottom-feeder like the islanders. the penguins have some fragiles too.

#30 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:07 AM

What were they talking about in the Vs clip?

Something about a "Team Shutout".

Does Johnson not get credit because (I'm guessing) he a got a Major for fighting?

Well, because of the game misconduct. It should go down as the 5th shutout in NHL history not credited to a goaltender, only the team.

Edited by SeeinRed, 03 February 2011 - 03:07 AM.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#31 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:33 AM

Okay, THAT looked more like a punch on that one. MSG+ feed is the clearest out of all the ones I've seen.

I've always liked watching the MSG feeds when we play a NY team and I can't get one with the FSN Detroit crew. The quality always seems pretty high and their announcers are pretty professional.

Last one I remember was when Emery smiled like a mad man as he beat the s*** out of some poor bastard.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#32 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:17 AM

The poor bastard in question was Biron. Emery is insane.

He fights Peters after Biron and has this bats*** insane Joker grin the whole time.

Edited by Datsyerberger, 03 February 2011 - 05:18 AM.

If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#33 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:36 AM

Looks like DiPietro is out for the season again :ph34r:

Wouldn't be surprised. Garth Snow is suiting up for the next game....Breaking news: Zach Follett's shoulder pads were stolen from his locker late last night....

With all the goalie troubles the Isle's have they may be forced to get rid of Nabby if he wont play, they need the roster spots.

Goaltender's invited to next years Isle's camp: Ray Emery, Manny Fernandez, Roman Turek, the Washington Capitals web site producer, and Yutaka Fukafuji.

Emery wins the fight with DiPietro for the backup spot, didn't take much. Fukafuji wins over the Isle's legion of Asian fans (Charles Wang, Bobby Lee from Mad TV) and gains the 3rd spot. Snow is unimpressed by the rest and, in a bid to return to the playoffs, trades John Tavares, Calvin de Haan, and their 1st round pick to the Wings for Jiri Hudler, Daniel Larsson, and the rights to Brad McCrimmon (who they dress as a defenseman).

LGW'ers rejoice.

Edited by achildr1, 03 February 2011 - 07:35 AM.

#34 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:27 AM

Doesn't Johnson get ejected for crossing center ice in that situation? Or am I totally fogged on that rule?

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#35 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:54 AM

Reports of DiPietro's injury have been exaggerated, apparently. Initial reports were that he had a broken orbital bone, but they were quickly debunked by Isles reporters on Twitter.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#36 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:10 AM

i like fleury :ph34r:
Posted Image

#37 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:22 AM

Doesn't Johnson get ejected for crossing center ice in that situation? Or am I totally fogged on that rule?

They were each only given minor penalties for leaving their creases during an altercation. It doesn't matter how far a goalie goes really, that's a pretty black and white 2 minutes. The game misconducts could have been for several different reasons. Refs have a ton of choices for misconducts when it comes to fighting or altercations (all fights are altercations; not all altercations are fights as defined by the NHL rulebook). They could have been ejected for fighting after the original altercation, continuing a fight despite an official's instruction to stop, or even for the language they use. The rulebook actually notes that it purposely gives refs a ton of leeway to hand out misconducts when it comes to altercations.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#38 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:35 AM

Does anyone else kinda feel bad for DiPietro? He had such potential when he was drafted and a couple really good first years... this can not be even close to how he had to have imagined his career would go...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#39 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:01 AM

Does anyone else kinda feel bad for DiPietro? He had such potential when he was drafted and a couple really good first years... this can not be even close to how he had to have imagined his career would go...

i'm currently making $2.50 an hour as a waiter and am dependent on tips in order to buy beer and occasionally take my wife out to dinner.

i'm paying $930 per credit hour in graduate school and am in debt up to my coffee-fried eyeballs.

i understand he's a competitor not being able to compete as often as he'd like, but nah, i don't feel bad for him.
Posted Image

#40 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:27 AM

i'm currently making $2.50 an hour as a waiter and am dependent on tips in order to buy beer and occasionally take my wife out to dinner.

i'm paying $930 per credit hour in graduate school and am in debt up to my coffee-fried eyeballs.

i understand he's a competitor not being able to compete as often as he'd like, but nah, i don't feel bad for him.

When I ask if anyone else feels bad for him, I don't mean we should start a support fund, it has nothing to do with money, it has to do with his career as an athlete...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.