• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,948 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:09 PM

Honestly this makes his Nabby signing look like a smart move to me. We all knew Dipietro would be out with an injury, though I didn't even expect it to be so soon and in such idiotic fashion. So he currently has a solid goaltender in Nabokov signed at a bargain price. Don't forget Nabby's agent said he'd play anywhere. To me, Snow doesn't look like a fool at all in this case.

Wouldn't have Mike Smith been a no-brainer then?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#62 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:01 AM

Wouldn't have Mike Smith been a no-brainer then?

Didn't they put him on waivers after the Islanders claimed Nabokov?

If you've got a goaltender like Nabokov who you claimed legally to play under contract for your team, I don't see why you'd claim a goalie like Mike Smith.

#63 Norwegian Red Wing

Norwegian Red Wing

He shoots - He SCOOORES!

• HoF Booster
  • 342 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:43 PM

:rolleyes:
Posted Image
from latest issue of THN
Posted Image

#64 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:27 PM

Didn't they put him on waivers after the Islanders claimed Nabokov?

If you've got a goaltender like Nabokov who you claimed legally to play under contract for your team, I don't see why you'd claim a goalie like Mike Smith.

Because said goalie won't actually play for the Islanders. Might as well get one that will.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.