• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsJunkie

Ray Emery?

Rate this topic

Scott Burnside posed the question today if the Wings might be interested in Ray Emery as he is getting ready to try and return to the NHL? I am not sure what I think of this. Ray has had some off ice stuff in the past and of course he has had big time injury concerns. It seems as though Ozzie is done for the year which means that the Wings have to hope that Jimmy stays healthy. Part of me says if the Wings could sign Emery for next to nothing as an insurance policy it might be worth it for the rest of the year. Emery would not have to clear waivers and he has played in the Stanley Cup Finals before so those are positives. I am not sure what options the Wings would have without having to trade anything to ensure some depth in goal for another playoff run this spring. I am not totally sold on Emery but in the short term maybe he would be a nice fill in just in case Jimmy got hurt.

I kind of always liked the guy. Like I said about Mike Smith, this guy is a competitor.

Straight from Wikipedia:

In November 2010, TSN visited Emery during an on-ice workout and were surprised to see Emery get down into the butterfly position and play for the first time since surgery where Emery stated "I don't care if I can't walk in 7 years, I just want to play." To the surprise of his doctors and trainers, Emery has been doing better than expected

In January 2011, Emery began skating with an OHL team, taking shots and training with Eric Lindros,[16] working with personal trainer Matt Nichol and goalie coach Eli Wilson. "He's as sharp and ready now as he was the summer before Ottawa SCF run," says Wilson.

He is currently rehabilitated and is expected to head back into the NHL before the end of this season.

I see him ending up in Atlanta. After all, they're determined to have every black player down there.

Don't want to seem offensive..but...marketing?

Say they pick up Iginla and Kotalik for Stewart and Peverley.

Subban comes to town in a swap for Oduya.

Brashear comes back to town, and brings his buddies Laraque and Emery.

Swap Mason and Hainsey to Chicago for Crawford and Campbell.

Send Pavelec to Ottawa for Chris Phillips.

Thrashers are a better team overall and have significantly increased their "black player count" if that is what they are actually doing down there. Add mid-round or late-round picks where necessary.

Edited by eva unit zero