• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Datsyuk & Holmstrom more than likely won't play this weekend

Rate this topic

"Detroit Red Wings forwards Pavel Datsyuk and Tomas Holmstrom won't be ready to play Friday at home against Columbus, and might sit out Saturday's game in Nashville as well. Coach Mike Babcock said today after practice that he's not sure when they'll return. It's looking like Monday at home against the New York Rangers is a possibility."

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/02/pavel_datsyuk_tomas_holmstrom.html

Get Well Soon Boys!

They need to be in Nashville since I'm going to that game. I would think it might be easier to work them back into the lineup in an away game. Regardless, from a personal standpoint, I will miss them if they don't play. But I don't want to see them risk further injury if they aren't ready.

Good. Don't rush it. In the end, it doesn't matter much where the Wings end up in the rankings as long as they get a playoff spot. Let Dats and Homer sit as long as they feel they need to. Re-injuring something right now would be horrible.

I'd rather them both (especially Pavel) take a few extra days and not risk re-injuring themselves if that's what they need... both the games this weekend we can and should be able to win without them...

exactly. Pavs was saying a couple of days earlier he can't really get power in his shot and stickhandling is still an issue. we are still doing fine.

Even though I'm disappointed, I'm glad they're taking these precautionary measures. Mind you, Babcock DID say, "...Our guys have been cleared to play but it's just a matter of they don't feel like they can at this point.'' As long as we're winning, I'm fine with Houdini and Homer getting the necessary strength back to where they feel comfortable. I wasn't expecting Homer to come back this soon anyways. Great news for Modano...get him back in time to get his legs back, and then maybe in the playoffs get ZDH clicking w/ Fil, Mo, and Helm centering the rest of the lines.

Now youre just ******* with us

I agree, They seemed pretty sure before the break that at least Datsyuk and Cleary would be back.. But I guess there is no point in rushing anyone back as long as they keep finding away to win..

I'm tired of the lies, Detroit!!!

I need more Pavel in my life, come on!

this is one good thing i like about being a detroit sports fan.

I can go to youtube and watch countless highlights of barry sanders and pavel datsyuk, and i can say "hah, i remember that run, he just made lawrence taylor look like a fool" or i can say "i recall when he totally made turco look like a bush leaguer,"

the good thing about pavs, is i can continue to watch him, whereas you cant w/ barry.

2 of the most exciting players of their times

Edited by nate94gt

As much as I want Pasha back, I totally understand his feelings about it. If he doesn't feel comfortable yet, that's how it is. He knows his limitations more than we ever could. So take what time you need, sweetie, and we'll be just that much more grateful when you do return.

Typical Red Wings.

Our guys aren't exactly quick healers. I guess that's a result of age.

I wouldn't really say they are slow healers, there just isn't any need to rush them back with where the team is in the standings. I'm sure if Dats, Homer, and Cleary were on a different team they'd have been playing as soon as they can, but with this team they have the leisure of making sure they are, for the most part, 100% and ready to go.

I'd rather them both (especially Pavel) take a few extra days and not risk re-injuring themselves if that's what they need... both the games this weekend we can and should be able to win without them...

I hope so but Nashville is tough at home and it's the second of back to back with travel in between. Also my guess is that MacD will get the start. Should we win? Yes but it will be tough.

I hope so but Nashville is tough at home and it's the second of back to back with travel in between. Also my guess is that MacD will get the start. Should we win? Yes but it will be tough.

Hmm, I would think Joey Mac would get the nod tomorrow but not sure what Babs is thinking with the tendys pretty much ever lol.