Hockeymom1960

GDT - Boston Vs Dallas

Rate this topic

Already a good game...

4 seconds into the game and 3 separate fights :yowza:

Ott vs Campbell

Barch vs Thornton

McQuaid vs Southerby

2 goals in 1 min and 45 seconds by Boston :yowza: . Raycroft already pulled :lol:

lol one more fight. I don't think there is room in the box for anymore players. 8 players total in the boxes.

Burish vs Ference

Edited by Hockeymom1960

Paille suspended 4 games for what appeared to be a clean hit. And this is a clear attack on big hits, they could have given him the fines that Foligno and Gilbert got, but no because it was a big hit they gave him 4 to please the Dregers and MacKenzies who seem to be rallying as hard as ever against body contact int eh nhl

Paille suspended 4 games for what appeared to be a clean hit. And this is a clear attack on big hits, they could have given him the fines that Foligno and Gilbert got, but no because it was a big hit they gave him 4 to please the Dregers and MacKenzies who seem to be rallying as hard as ever against body contact int eh nhl

I'm not sure I can find much that's "clean" about that hit.

I'm not sure I can find much that's "clean" about that hit.

Paile was clearly in Sawada's line of vision and it wasn't an illegal hit otherwise, no elbow/charge/ect... A good clean hit, the only thing that is being argued is that it was a blindside, but if Sawada could have seen him comign if his head was up I don't know how you can put fault on anyone but sawada. It is a simple concept that most people for some concept can't grasp

Paile was clearly in Sawada's line of vision and it wasn't an illegal hit otherwise, no elbow/charge/ect... A good clean hit, the only thing that is being argued is that it was a blindside, but if Sawada could have seen him comign if his head was up I don't know how you can put fault on anyone but sawada. It is a simple concept that most people for some concept can't grasp

To me, it looked like a classic backside pressure/lateral/blindside hit, fits almost prefectly into how the rule was written. Some might even argue that his eblow came up, but it's hard to tell whether that was just follow through or not.

man that quote is out of control

Yeah, agreed. Pretty sure Paille is not going to be labeled a "head hunter" his entire career after this. I am pretty sure the trained hockey eye could tell that Sawada just had to pick his head up to avoid the brunt of this.