• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/4 GDT: Blue Jackets 3 at Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

Almost reminds me of the 08-09 season. Sub-par defense all year and yet still continued to win by outscoring the opponent.

yeah, our D that year was pretty bad. If i recall correctly, the year before when they won the cup, the D was terrific....

2.84 GAA compared to 2.82 so far this year. Could get worse too so we will see. That one ended in the game 7 defeat to the Pens obviously but that year I was not convinced anyone in the West could hang with us, while this year the Canucks look for real. So we shall see.

We have a few more weeks to work on the team defense before we get worried. I think getting Datsyuk back will help a little. but the effort by all players back checking and laying the body in the defensive zone looks dismal.

yeah, our D that year was pretty bad. If i recall correctly, the year before when they won the cup, the D was terrific....

All that matters is they get their s*** in order before the playoffs. They can play excellent D the execution however has been horrible.

Want to see the D lock down and help Howard out, he needs to be confident and Nabby plus his play of late isn't helping.

2-0 wings.

Want to see the D lock down and help Howard out, he needs to be confident and Nabby plus his play of late isn't helping.

2-0 wings.

Uh oh....

Hopefully Jimmy can start putting the pad on the puck occasionally. My Howard negativity must go out the window but lately, I can't say he has given me much to post too positively about him. Defense is a great scapegoat (and somewhat legitimate) for his lack of confidence. Simply put, he has to get it together.

Detroit Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk hasn't ruled out a possible return for Saturday's game in Nashville, saying his status will be determined after the morning skate.

"We'll see tomorrow. I want to play, but I can't play tonight,'' Datsyuk said today after the morning skate. "I shoot OK but not (hard) enough. Shoot for tomorrow, but you never know.''

mlive

Coach Mike Babcock said Joey MacDonald will start Saturday in Nashville.
Edited by HankthaTank

2.84 GAA compared to 2.82 so far this year. Could get worse too so we will see. That one ended in the game 7 defeat to the Pens obviously but that year I was not convinced anyone in the West could hang with us, while this year the Canucks look for real. So we shall see.

I think the Cannucks have a good team but you have to consider the other teams in their division

Calgary

Edmonton

Minnesota

Colorado

24 of their games are against these teams

Minnesota

Colorado

Couple of very underrated teams especially the Avs. Their youth has given us fits this year so far. I am not trying to be a pessimist about the playoffs one bit as I feel like we really flip the "ON" switch come mid-April but our conference is the most competitive I can remember it in some time.

Guest stinky fish taco

That's the right attitude. Mindfly is that you?

is mindfly the guy that was banned that we're not permitted to speak about?

My normal drink at the games are the tall Molsons. Don't normally steer myself away but I will even start off with a Triple X just get the feeling right lol.

Better check your bladder at the door. Do they have lockers for that? :ph34r: