How to create a Hockey Skill Pad

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Eggs Over Eavesy

Eggs Over Eavesy

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:28 AM

Hey guys. I figured this would be the appropriate forum to ask for some advice. Instead of spending upwards of $100 on a skill pad, I'm trying to make my own. My plan is to buy a hardboard wall panel and then spray it down with either Pledge, or a silicone spray.

http://www.lowes.com...oard+wall+panel

That's the board I'd get, and with the Pledge/silicone spray, I think I'd have a decent board to practice my sick skills to be like Datsyuk.

Any advice or suggestions(especially in regards to using Pledge or silicone spray) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

And secondably, I know you're the big marriage expert - oh, I'm sorry, I forgot, your wife is dead! I'm sorry, that was 100% inappropriate and I do apologize profusely. I'm - oh...

#2 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:09 PM

Hey guys. I figured this would be the appropriate forum to ask for some advice. Instead of spending upwards of $100 on a skill pad, I'm trying to make my own. My plan is to buy a hardboard wall panel and then spray it down with either Pledge, or a silicone spray.

http://www.lowes.com...oard+wall+panel

That's the board I'd get, and with the Pledge/silicone spray, I think I'd have a decent board to practice my sick skills to be like Datsyuk.

Any advice or suggestions(especially in regards to using Pledge or silicone spray) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I'd like to hear how this turns out. I've looked online and the best bet seems to be one of those acrylic boards sprayed down with pledge. Let me know how it works with a standard puck.

Also, I wish this was posted in the general discussion thread so more people could respond. Nobody comes in here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users