#521 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:37 PM

Just threw this together for you guys. :P

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#522 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:38 PM

all right, I'm off to watch the Kings game. They've had some trouble scoring goals too, but at least when they're not scoring they still hit people and fight.

#523 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:38 PM

You know commodore, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you want Brad McCrimmon fired.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#524 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:40 PM

look on the bright side, couple years ago remember we lost to columbus 8-2 then nashville 8-0 in the same week... we went onto the finals :)

#525 Selliria

Selliria

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 493 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:40 PM

Posted Image

Guess the guys forgot.

Edited by Selliria, 05 February 2011 - 10:43 PM.

#526 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:41 PM

all right, I'm off to watch the Kings game. They've had some trouble scoring goals too, but at least when they're not scoring they still hit people and fight.

For real.

The only thing worse than sucking, is sucking and showing no emotion about it. But hey, if the players dont care ther're losing then I won't.

Edited by uk_redwing, 05 February 2011 - 10:41 PM.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#527 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:41 PM

The Wings are Crosby's mustache

:hysterical:

LOVE these similes/metaphors/comparisons - whatever the hell they are.

One thing you can say about Wings' fans - we cling well to our twisted senses of humor.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#528 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:42 PM

Just threw this together for you guys. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTVu4YSxKXk

haha surprisingly, I feel world's better now, thank you.

#529 Hockey Convert

Hockey Convert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:42 PM

I know there are few who will agree with me but this team is in big trouble. Even when the others get back.

At this point, I honestly don't see how they get out of the first round of the playoffs.

#530 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:43 PM

The Red Wings are like Goose in Top Gun.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#531 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:43 PM

Posted Image

works every time

#532 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,367 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:44 PM

Posted Image

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#533 commadore183

commadore183

Versus televised America's last nuclear bomb test

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:45 PM

You know commodore, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you want Brad McCrimmon fired.

ReallyFireMcCrimmon? Not sure Yambag where you're Babcock'sHair you're seeing FeedTheMule that there Knob. Just my average BERNIE! recap of a Wings Conkblock game. Just nothing LogoHunter out of the ordinary DrunkEdi for it McGoo.
Mike Illich does not care about Detroit. Boycott 2013 Winter Cla$$ic.
Skilled hockey is, and will forever be, winning hockey. Deal with it.
"A perfect vision, some simple ways to let you know
Free range humans all couped up naked clone is playing lame" Avon by Queens of the Stone Age

#534 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:46 PM

A few decent scoring chances, but mostly low percentage shots. wristers from 60 feet out or from the side boards.

And very few screens or traffic.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#535 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

Wow...so frustrating. They are doing so many things wrong, and have been doing them all season. I'm trying to look at this in a calm way. We can see what they are doing wrong, but it's not so clear what you can do about it. They're just not thinking. They're making stupid passes and stupid plays, and that's not something easily fixed. Babcock can run passing drills until they pass out, but it won't make them stop taking the stupid passes. They can take shooting drills all they want but it won't make them suddenly start taking the smart shots.

Looks like MacDonald played well, though.

I absolutely hate to say this, because it's sort of the "nuclear option" but blaming injuries just isn't cutting it. Missing Datsyuk and Stuart is hurting, but let's be honest, they were playing pretty poorly all season. Their good record to start wasn't dominating games, and we all saw at the time some holes in their play that have only been exaggerated recently. But they were always there.

But anyways, back to my "nuclear option." The team needs a roster shakeup. Howard is not the goalie of the future, he's struggled for too long and has a long history of being inconsistent. He earned the starting job last year, but not for his whole career. He was only on the team last year because he had no other options. The Wings hoped it would work out and now I don't think it is.

So, here's hoping Holland makes a trade deadline move or two, namely:

Bring in a solid goalie. Yes, we will have to clear cap space and lose a player. It sucks but it's going to have to happen.

Also, fix the defense, which may include trading someone. With the talent on defense we have there's no excuse for this. We need fresh blood, just to make them try again.

There is a clear lack of passion on this team. This Wings team is not the hard working team we've come to know the past few seasons. I don't think the team should be blown up, but I'm thinking a minimum of two moves is necessary to help this team get out of the first round.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#536 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

5 shutouts in the NHL today.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#537 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

We're toast. Kiss that consecutive playoff run good-bye. Trade Dats

#538 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

One bright side...at least I picked THIS game right in the Weekend Picks after they screwed my x2 yesterday. <_<

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#539 commadore183

commadore183

Versus televised America's last nuclear bomb test

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:48 PM

The Wings are Crosby's mustache

Crosby has the kind of mustache that you only see attached to a second one just like it.
Mike Illich does not care about Detroit. Boycott 2013 Winter Cla$$ic.
Skilled hockey is, and will forever be, winning hockey. Deal with it.
"A perfect vision, some simple ways to let you know
Free range humans all couped up naked clone is playing lame" Avon by Queens of the Stone Age

#540 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:49 PM

Let's see if the Steelers can cheer me up tomorrow !!

Only if they lose badly - including their yambags. :sly: