• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
russianswede919293

Mallkin out with torn ACL/MCL

Rate this topic

Tooooooooooooooooooo Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

I'm actually bummed out by this news. If we were to face and beat the Penguins in the Finals, I wouldn't want to have to hear excuses for why we won.

No Malkin and Crosby a question mark. I doubt that they make it past the first round. They will probably make the playoffs considering that 24 of their games are against the Islanders, Devils, and Rangers...

I'm actually bummed out by this news. If we were to face and beat the Penguins in the Finals, I wouldn't want to have to hear excuses for why we won.

they wont make it that far. they are toast.

Enh... Not intended to be an insult towards this thread or the OP at all but my general feelings towards the news itself is... Who cares?

Any fans of playoff caliber teams in the East or the West. This is a huge blow to the Penguins and can definitely change the favorites come playoffs.

Unless you're a casual fan and don't care to see ahead to what's going on with the league then you should care about this.

Ouch! That's a terrible injury for any player, and even upon returning, some athletes are no longer capable of playing the way they used to. With an injury of this magnitude, Malkin could be out until next winter.

Malkin strikes me as a Fedorov-esque player; extremely talented, but for one reason or another, he seems to take games off and fall into the background. Hopefully this injury doesn't have any lasting effects once he does return.

Ouch. That's going to be a huge blow to their long playoff run chances. I guess one good thing for them at least is that the injury happened before the trade deadline, so they have a chance to make a trade if they feel it's needed.

I'd be lying if I said my first instinct wasn't to snicker a bit. But I don't want karma to come back and bite the Wings because of it. I damn sure would hate to have one of our top guys to get hurt like that at this point in the season.

So did they rush him back when he wasn't ready? Because as sure as there are 176 fans online here all the time, that's going to be the question asked.

Combined with this and the question of whether the medical staff let Crosby play with a concussion...someone's gonna get fired, I think.

Karma is a *****. That being said, when Franzen went down with a knee injury last year, fans of the Wings got upset while fans of other teams gloated. Just seems that karma bites the Pens this time around. In the end, I hope he returns. He is a skilled player and hopefully will be in the NHL for a long time to come.