• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
russianswede919293

Mallkin out with torn ACL/MCL

Rate this topic

Ovechkin has a lot of room to talk about being a winner, right?

well, he didn't talk about that in the clip.

anyways, i don't care about either team and it just felt like ovechkin summarised what i wanted to say on this topic.

Guest Shoreline

Super Mario comes out of retirement to lead the Penguins to a 9th place finish and retire once again on top.

So did they rush him back when he wasn't ready? Because as sure as there are 176 fans online here all the time, that's going to be the question asked.

This is seriously something to be proud of. :cool:

I can't stand Pittsburgh just as much as anybody in here because of he who shall not be named and Matt Cooke, but as somebody who has had re-constructive surgery on a torn ACL/MCL as well about 7 years ago and is currently having issues on my other knee, I feel for Malkin, it's going to take a good while for him to get back out there in all likelihood.

I think if anything it's proof that whether you pray to God, Jesus, Buddah, Mohammad, a tree, Jah, or if you're like me, the Flying Spaghetti Monster that it may take a while but prayers DO get answered. Now if you simply read the statement, yes it seems cold and callous. But please allow me to argue my case Red Wing Nation.

First off he's a very good player when he shows up. He's got Fedorovitis (Fedorov was much better but you know what I mean). Now, as for prayers and karma -- yes, let's count the amount of times he's simply gone all stick goon when frustrated throwing relentless cross checks and spears at Zetterberg (mostly). Then let's consider his Pearl Harbor attack on Z at the end of game 5 in the 2009 SCF. Instigator. Automatic suspension. Automatic all the time. But this one got a presidential pardon. Malkin got lucky, verrrrrrry lucky to stay in the critical game six and somehow by default win the Conn Smythe (and good for him). He gets away with an awful lot but after that attack on Zetterberg I called on the hockey gods to intervene against this weasel.

My deity has heard my admonitions.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Oh, and if I've upset anyone by seeming petty that's not my intent. I want to be a good member of LGW. Please, accept this peace offering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T_q4UE8czs

Ouch! That's a terrible injury for any player, and even upon returning, some athletes are no longer capable of playing the way they used to. With an injury of this magnitude, Malkin could be out until next winter.

Malkin strikes me as a Fedorov-esque player; extremely talented, but for one reason or another, he seems to take games off and fall into the background. Hopefully this injury doesn't have any lasting effects once he does return.

Malkin never put up the kind of numbers that Feds did but I get your point

Karma is a *****. That being said, when Franzen went down with a knee injury last year, fans of the Wings got upset while fans of other teams gloated. Just seems that karma bites the Pens this time around. In the end, I hope he returns. He is a skilled player and hopefully will be in the NHL for a long time to come.

Yeah i remember all the pens fans going DERP DERP KARMA!!! when Franzen tore his ACL and then again after the Orpik incident.

That being said Franzen was extremely fortune to rehab that fast. Its unheard of to recover that fast from a torn ACL.

Injuries like this have good potential to be career altering. If i was a Pens fan i would be s***ting my pants.

Edited by Original-Six

Yeah i remember all the pens fans going DERP DERP KARMA!!! when Franzen tore his ACL and then again after the Orpik incident.

That being said Franzen was extremely fortune to rehab that fast. Its unheard of to recover that fast from a torn ACL.

Injuries like this have good potential to be career altering. If i was a Pens fan i would be s***ting my pants.

Its probably less about Karma and more about dumb luck, but this is why I don't gloat when another player gets hurt. I am not a huge fan of Malkin, but being as that I am a superstitious guy, I would never get all giddy when someone like that gets hurt. Especially with the injury issues the Wings have faced over the course of the last two years.

Really? I think Kronner had the same injury and has completely recovered.

Its probably less about Karma and more about dumb luck,

Their logic was it was Karma for Franzen's supposedly intentional knee on knee hit with Crosby in game seven.

Really? I think Kronner had the same injury and has completely recovered.

He sprained his knee. Tearing a knee ligament let alone 2 is a huge deal for a pro athlete. There is no guarantee you will make a full recovery from a injury like that. The knee will also be more vulnerable to future injuries/complications. Its not like breaking a bone and you can just wait for it to heal then away you go like nothing happened.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Its probably less about Karma and more about dumb luck, but this is why I don't gloat when another player gets hurt. I am not a huge fan of Malkin, but being as that I am a superstitious guy, I would never get all giddy when someone like that gets hurt. Especially with the injury issues the Wings have faced over the course of the last two years.

Especially when it wasn't on a bad hit. It's not like someone kneed him or something, he landed on it awkwardly.

He sprained his knee. Tearing a knee ligament let alone 2 is a huge deal for a pro athlete. There is no guarantee you will make a full recovery from a injury like that. The knee will also be more vulnerable to future injuries/complications. Its not like breaking a bone and you can just wait for it to heal then away you go like nothing happened.

Not to mention the age at which it has happened to him. I doubt he'll be knocked outta the game, but I could easily see this injury taking a few years off his career.