• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Versus fires 29 people

Rate this topic

I really hope that idiot who always makes his voice go really low/raspy when someone scores is gone. I can't stand that guy and his fake enthusiasm.

i hope Charissa Thompson isnt one of them. I enjoy looking at her.

And she works the big 10 games :drool:

She is way too hot to fire. That's how she got her job in the first place.

I really hope that idiot who always makes his voice go really low/raspy when someone scores is gone. I can't stand that guy and his fake enthusiasm.

She is way too hot to fire. That's how she got her job in the first place.

that is Benanati

and I hope they kept Lindsay Soto, that other chick who does the hawks telecasts and vs had too scary of a voice i thought

Guest Howard He Do It?!

They are just consolidating their sports division. We will just see more of the NBC rejects now.

They are just consolidating their sports division. We will just see more of the NBC rejects now.

Yep, no hope of getting rid of Olczyk or Emrick; they're on NBC, too. I know I'm probably in the minority, but I like Emrick...Edzo, on the other hand, can take a really long vacation any time now.

Okay, now who's that guy who always says crap like, "Pronger flits down the ice like a butterfly and does a scene from Swan Lake with Crosby"? Is that Daryl Reaugh? Whoever it is, PLEASE let that guy be gone.

Edited by MulesWillFly93

kind of a reason why to go back to ESPN!! theyre cutting the staff for the NHL's only national US coverage. shows how much the corporate bosses at NBC care about the NHL. i dont think the quality is going to be any better cause they lose employees. i bet it will be worse if anything... just a shame.

whens the contract between the nhl and NBC/versus expire?

link

Harwood swept up in Versus changes: Comcast's purchase of NBC Universal has produced immediate changes at Versus, the Comcast network which holds the U.S. cable rights for the NHL and Montreal native Rob Harwood is out as game host and reporter.

"They're adopting the NBC format and they want an ex-player between the benches," Harwood said from his home in Vermont. He has a few months left on his contract and Sam Flood, who produces the NHL games for NBC, said they may use him for out-of-town cutaways during the playoffs.

Harwood said he was pragmatic and he's already started the search for a new job.

looks like the ladies like Lindsay Soto and Charissa Thompson could be gone

link

looks like the ladies like Lindsay Soto and Charissa Thompson could be gone

F**k the ex players.

What the hell do they know about hockey that could be so interesting? Nobody needs their insight.

Besides, NBC sucks at covering hockey. This probably means they won't start airing games until January. :hehe:

Edited by GMRwings1983

I'd like to see Versus do it the way TSN and CBC do. Right now Versus just uses announcers from different teams. Doc is from the Devils, Beninati-Caps, Reaugh-Stars, Keith Jones-Philly, and they also use the Rangers guy and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. I'm not Canadian but I'm pretty sure TSN has their own guys.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Huge-changes-for-VERSUS-Pierre-McGuire-joins-NH?urn=nhl-317372&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Not 29 fired.

harwood thompson and soto to be shelved for regular season. Pierre and Engblom now between the benches.

Milbury moving to the studio.

Oh joy...

Please don't fire me..... :(

4964856327_e1f2c02e2c_z.jpg

i'll turn her frown upside down.

probably cuz she'd be laughing at my package, but lets not go there.

http://sports.yahoo...._medium=twitter

Not 29 fired.

harwood thompson and soto to be shelved for regular season. Pierre and Engblom now between the benches.

Milbury moving to the studio.

Oh joy...

baby jesus just cried.

Yay. Pierre and Eddie O in the same broadcast? I can't contain my excitement. <_<

And dont forgot Mulberry - its the hat-trick that every serious hockey fan has been waiting for! :shutup:

Edited by TheWestWing